Rome Church condemns Madonna's crucifixion stunt

thebigham

Guest hyperballad_brad

:clap:

And we always have to remember that religious talk always ends badly :lol: Its like a blind person to a deaf person :(

Guest synomere
Utilising imagery which is sacred and holy to hundreds of millions of people in order to make a point about some old men in Rome isn't the wisest choice.

Puffy did it and so did Kanye and no one batted an eyelid. Madonna does it and suddenly it's a huge issue. As usual the Vatican response smacks of hypocrisy - their age old fear of women is quite mind numbing.

How anyone could find this scene offensive is beyond me. From all reports it's a poignant and touching moment in the show. Yes, the resurrection is a universal symbol and should be allowed to be interpreted by everyone in their own unique way.

Oh for crying out LOUD!!! :grr:

The crucifix is by no means unique to Christianity. Thousands of people were crucified at the time - it was after all the fashionable capital punishment of the time. The whole resurection idea is also by no means unique to christainity and is in fact a common theme in most of the older pagan religions.

If the Vatican didn't have the common sense to copyright the crucifixion/ resurrrection, they should just SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

way to go synomere :clap:

Well I'm sure regular people were offended by the burning crosses in the LAP video as well, should she have scrapped that idea as well?

The fact is Madonna has always offended, whether it be people in some sort of authority or regular average Joe's. That's just who she is. But at the very least she isn't senselessly going out of her way to offend people, there's always a deeper meaning into what she does.

Guest synomere
But at the very least she isn't senselessly going out of her way to offend people, there's always a deeper meaning into what she does.

:kiss2:

I can't believe anyone still cares. Considering all the stuff she's done in her career to anger Christians, you'd think they'd be used to it by now, or at least apathetic.

That's just it- this proves they still care, no matter how much they want to see her washed up, irrelevant, etc. When they spend so much time talking about it, they're shooting themselves right in the arse.

MSNBC forum about madonna's crucifixion stunt, some people are just beyond pathetic!

http://boards.live.com/MSNBCboards/thread....sParam=Page%3D1

it really shows how many of these people are ignorant. someone even said that madonna already sold her soul to the devil which explains her long term success.

i'm currently studying in a sectarian school (an SDA institution). Jesus existed during the emergence of roman period and the cross was their way of executing people. Romans are known to be very brutal. They even let poeple watch executions. Years went by, the teachings of Jesus spread and the followers grew on number. The Romans found this as a threat and one emperor by d name of Constantine d Great had an idea of making the Romans also a followers of Jesus too but d belief was alredi adulterated because it was mixed with pagan ways (Romans were pagans). It was not a sincere move because it was politically motivated. This was the time that Christianity spread like a geat wind and the birth of Papal Rome that were even more powerful than Kings or Queens.

My point is that these leaders pay more importance to d cross than on d one who died for us. They put so much emphasis on these sacramentals so in turn one tends to worship more on d symbols than d God itself. I live in d Philippines and we are a Christian country and Christianity hre is so adulterated it's alredi mixed with with many superstitious beliefs, e.g., women dancing on d streets on San Obando for fertility.

Even Yoda had an opinion at the MSNBC forum regarding Madge stunt

yoda2006

Message #66

08/03/06 08:57 PM Talking about Christ's teachings we are not. A personal profit-building concert promotion this is. Knowledgeful of the Dark Side she is. A Sith Queen she may be.

:lmao::lol::D;)

Well Yoda is wrong. The whole performance is about the corner stone of Christ's teachings, hence the Bible verse over her head. Go to Youtube and watch performance Yoda must. Viewing the world without any perspective Yoda must not. Dumb as shit Yoda is.

Guest imsostupid

The controversy even made its way to small town BC. I went to church with my mother and the sermon was all about Madonna, funnily enough. The priest made reference to her concert and how she uses christian imagery even when she has rejected Christ and the church. He even stated that she is causing a ruckus with her H&M ad because she was infront of a church, but he falsely stated she was covered in flames in the ad, and proceeded to quote the demon quote from a priest. He stated that she's giving 3 million to Africa and that she's changed her outlook on life. He said he would have asked her if she regrets her actions twenty years ago and if is ready for forgiveness :wacko:

I wanted to stand up and sing Like A Virgin and leave. However, it was exciting to see Madonna make the news all the way up here - no matter how false and misleading his argument was.

Guest jamesshot

I would have said something and asked him about false witness on a person and if that was one of the Ten Commandments and asked him if he was going to ask for forgiveness. Then I would have said she has never rejected Christ, the Church yes, but not Christ and is probably more Jesus like than most of the Church combined.

OH YES! The idea of starting singing LAV would have been GREAT :D

Rolling down the church aisle...humping one of those huge candles :hafo: