IGTTYAS SoundScan Discussion

thebigham

Haven't we determined that the DVD-CD version wasn't released in the USA? A Billboard staffer said the release only had one UPC code, so that's the only one, apparently.

hmmm... is this true thebigham?

oh my, this thread should be renamed, "IGTTYAS sinking faster than the Titanic" :lol:

Guest demitri

Ouch! haha. I maintain that the CD + DVD should never have been released.

It is odd to have a soundtrack with the movie as a bonus anyway.

Plus they could have marketed it something to the extent of "Confessions is the Madonna CD to buy, IGTYAS is the Madonna DVD to buy". That wouldn't hurt COnfession's future sales

And of course I don't want a Madonna album to go 33-107-151! It should have only been a DVD + CD release!

Haven't we determined that the DVD-CD version wasn't released in the USA? A Billboard staffer said the release only had one UPC code, so that's the only one, apparently.

HG is correct. The album has the same UPC code on the album and music video chart.

Guest boytoyville

Considering how explensive the album is, it's doing just fine. I LOVE the movie and it's great to finally have a live Madge CD. I love the KKM mix!

Guest srkisrle
Only the CD/DVD was released in America, I think...

well it was # 1 for 2 weeks on the dvd charts so ...

Guest demitri

Goodbye IGTYAS, the most underperforming Madonna album that should never have been a CD+DVD. It defies logic.

It's just sad. It could have been a bestselling DVD with a bonus CD but Warner just had to make it a CD with bonus DVD instead! :(

Guest Beautiful Stranger
Becuase this was packaged as a cd/dvd, it will continue to sell over time.

*Waits for RIAA Gold certification to be issued in 2125...*

• 3 weeks later...

IGGTYAS scanned 1,786 units last week, bringing its total to 54,094 units.

I don't know how fruitful it is to keep this thrad going- maybe I'll post the weekly sales after this in the COADF thread.

• 3 weeks later...