IGTTYAS SoundScan Discussion

thebigham

Drowned Madonna:

SOURCE : JPASC24

Madonna's CD/DVD "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" tumbled out the top 100 portion of next week's Billboard album chart . It fell to #107, selling 9,151 copies. In week # 2, "Secret" dropped 64% in sales from it's debut. It's total now stands at 34,724 copies.

Guest Bad Robot

this isn't surprising really. it was a fan-only release, more or less. i wonder how much they need to sell of an item to make it worth it? it must not be much, since they didn't bother promoting it.

Guest boytoyville

I thought it was going to stay in the top 100 this week but given it's 27.99, I'm sure they are still making a profit from this release. No expense from promotion really and it's pricy.

Guest demitri

I expected a 50% drop!! This is horrible. Looks like it isn't going to go Gold afterall ^_^

Do you think it's possible that after Jump Madonna releases one of the live tracks as a single to promote this (and American Life.. maybe then AL could reach 800,000 copies in sales within 8 months from that time?)

I expected a 50% drop!! This is horrible. Looks like it isn't going to go Gold afterall ^_^

Do you think it's possible that after Jump Madonna releases one of the live tracks as a single to promote this (and American Life.. maybe then AL could reach 800,000 copies in sales within 8 months from that time?)

It would make more sense to release one of the live tracks as a B-side to the Jump single. That way, both COADF and IGTTYAS will be promoted. Any boost to AL's sales will be insignificant. That project is well and truly buried.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

IGTTYAS could be doing alot worse... after 2 weeks it is still higher on the chart than R&R was in it's debut and only week on the chart... It is also selling a little faster than R&R... All on poor to middling promotion... WB is obviously happy with the result, and must be turning a profit, not to mention how IGTTYAS made the Top 10 and even #1 on the album charts in many overseas territories, so quit bitching...

And AL is DONE, FINISHED, KAPUT, etc. and can't be salvaged... leave that alone already...

Guest demitri
IGTTYAS could be doing alot worse... after 2 weeks it is still higher on the chart than R&R was in it's debut and only week on the chart... It is also selling a little faster than R&R... All on poor to middling promotion... WB is obviously happy with the result, and must be turning a profit, not to mention how IGTTYAS made the Top 10 and even #1 on the album charts in many overseas territories, so quit bitching...

And AL is DONE, FINISHED, KAPUT, etc. and can't be salvaged... leave that alone already...

Firstly, I never bitch. Just because I said I was disappointed with it's sales doesn't mean I'm gonna whine over it. I absolutely hate it when people equate things like that to bitching.

(overlooks that rather unpleasant remark by Beautiful Stranger and looks objectively at his post)

Well I guess you're right, it was at least in the Top 40 but to me, I expected it to stay longer and I wouldn't compare it to R & R because the latter is just an EP. An extended single the way I see it. IGTYAS is Madonna's first live CD and the sequel to Truth or Dare all in one.

doctorjosh: That sounds like a great idea!

Is the 34,000 tally for the CD-DVD format only?

The DVD-CD format is available in the US too... more people may have opted to buy the DVD-CD format...

It's a live CD, that only has 5 classic tracks out of 14 tracks. Not much potential there. Not to mention the fact that the movie didn't get any of the fanfare and hoopla enjoyed by TOD.

IGTTYAS is truly awful. i could barely sit through it. it was just embarrassing.

oh... and my favorite part is how she brings along her own camera crew to the kaballah temple in israel, but then complains after that the papparazzi almost ruined it. LOL. what a joke! :bruise:

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Uhhhh... there is a big difference between bringing one camera crew, your own camera crew, with you since you are FILMING A DOCUMENTARY and being hounded by the papparazzi :angel:

Guest .:m:u:s:i:c:.

I liked "I'm going to tell you a secret", I felt like it was a very meassured version of "Truth or Dare", but is fun and it shows the side of Madonna that I truly admire.

Guest likeadream

Are the sales taken from the Top music video chart different from those counted for the Billboard 200 albums ? If so, what's the to-date tally of IGTTYAS (I mean the one from the Top music video chart, don't know if I'm clear ^^) ?

Otherwise, does anybody know where's the GT's digital sales tally at, please ?

Thanks in advance for the answers. :angel:

Probably.

I'm sure sales are very low.

you'll never know... single sales are low too, but if it's not on focus, who would know that a #1 single is far from the rest or not right...

Haven't we determined that the DVD-CD version wasn't released in the USA? A Billboard staffer said the release only had one UPC code, so that's the only one, apparently.