Madonna MSG June 29th!

Camacho

madonnalicious

You're energy and enthusiasm is contagious!

Posted: 30 June 2006

The second show at Madison Square Garden took place last night - here are some fan reports from the show:

From Colin:

Tonight's show was great. She did the Like A Virgin horse ride a bit longer and the band played more music as she rode around. She also said she had 'three hours of sleep this morning' but, the energy of the crowd was keeping her going.

From Michael:

The show was amazing! She had great energy. She said in one of her speeches that she only had 3 hours of sleep the night before and that the energy we were giving to her was contagious!

From Scotty P:

She showed us some vulnerability when she said, 'Every time I do a show, I die a little bit, but no shit is worth doing unless you're willing to die for it. You guys can understand that - you're New Yorkers. You're willing to die for a taxi cab!'

Then she got very humble and told us, 'You're energy and enthusiasm is contagious!' and she earnestly thanked us for that.

Slyguy your pics are the best ones I have seen so far! I will be saving in my PC when I get back home! Alex Rodriguez is a Yankees hottie! YUmmy!

Keep the reports coming!

I'll be seating in Sec 3 Row U seat # 6 on Monday night! Please stop by to say hi if you are close by! If you tell me where you are seating I'll def stop by!

:)

Guest Topaz Scorpio
He's just a "LOCAL STAR" :theboobie:

Oh we know A-Rod up here too in Red Sox country. Of course he's Public Enemy #1. :lol:

It was awesome meeting you, Slyguy!!! Small world, hey?! The trip cost me an absolute fortune and I was only able to stay in New York for 3.5 days because of work commitments, but it was worth every single cent and then some!!! I loved both shows I attended (June 28th and 29th), but the second one seemed to be better for lots of reasons. It's hard to explain, though. Being in Pod A was phenomenal (the entrance was amazing!), but I think I got more out of being right up in that front corner. Maybe it was how close Madonna was during so much of the show...!

Slyguy, those pics are INCREDIBLE!!!! Well done!!!!!! Oh - Kevin Spacey was about four rows down from us, right next to the catwalk. He was wearing a baseball cap. I was going to point him out to you, but I kept getting distracted by the woman on the stage :vogue:

Man those pics are awesome....! It helps you to remember what is was like in that section!!

I'm sorry I missed thebigham and holidayguy after the show - I went to the place we'd arranged to meet, but it was pretty late, so obviously I left it too long. Hopefully they'll forgive me!!!

Thanks again for sharing the 29th experience with me, Slyguy!!! I'll never forget it :)

Guest bedtimestorynyc

wow, those are the best pics i've ever seen made by any fan at any show! what kind of camera do you have?

wow, those are the best pics i've ever seen made by any fan at any show! what kind of camera do you have?

Thanks. It's a Panasonic TZ1. The camera came out only a few months ago and people were raving about it online. Seemed like a camera I'd like. It's strong for a camera that size and not heavy to carry around. You can read about it here: http://www.megapixel.net/reviews/panasonic-tz1/tz1-gen.php

Did you stand close to Alex Rodriguez? Did it look like he enjoyed the show?

Thanks for the pics!! I especially love it when people post pics of the crowd alone...

He was like 4 or 5 rows behind me I think. He had a stoic expression most of the time. He wasn't jumping and waving his arms in the air, and he would sit during the slower parts of the show, but he would stand up often to get a closer look and looked at her with some fascination. Here's a pic of them (somebody else took this pic):

11ji.jpg

Guest hyperballad_brad

These photos are excellent!!! :inlove:

I'm going to be taking photos on my mobile :( My digital camera is shite!! Not bad quality though!

How strict are MSG with cameras? Did they search you on the way in?

They don't care at all. If you have a bag they take a quick peak inside, but don't say anything about cameras. Some people in the audience even went in there with bulky professional cameras. At one show there was 2 guards just a couple feet away from me right the whole night and they didn't say anything or react in any way as I (and a bunch of other people right near me) snapped many pics. But if you are in the loge right in front of she performs LIKE A VIRGIN they'd tell people in that area not to snap pics during that performance. But when that performance is over they let them snap pics for the rest of the show. I'm guessing because she's riding on that thing and doing those risky moves suspended in air, they don't want many flashes going off right there because it could be distracting and dangerous for her.

Guest bedtimestorynyc
This is probably a stupid question, but did you use flash? :nosey:

U have to use flash!!! I know i did with mine

Yeah I used flash especially when she was closeby (within 20 feet or less). When she was far away it didn't seem to make a difference. But I left the flash on even then because I didn't want to fuss around clicking the flash on and off.

Oh and that guy in bottom wearing a NY Yankees cap is Kevin Spacey, but only 1/2 of his head is in this pic. He's in some other pics of mine but his head is completely turned around in them. He was in the same row as Alex Rodriguez.

p1000302resize4ui.jpg

June 29, not July 2!

Lenny Kravitz gets Madonna's full attention!

Posted: 13 July 2006

Here's a great shot by madonnalicious visitor Regis of Lenny Kravitz looking enthralled by Madonna's performance of Hung Up at the Madison Square Garden, New York City show on Sunday 02 July Thursday 29 June.

newyorkcity_020706_regis1news.jpg