MADONNA SoundScan Sales- 2007/2008

HolidayGuy

Guest Beautiful Stranger

yea, the fact it's still over 1000 at this point is pretty impressive, especially since Clay Aiken's last album (which almost knocked Justin out of #1 the week it came out) sold 600 last week according to a thread I read about AI sales, and his album is barely 6 mos old and Madonna's been out for a year and a half and stopped promoting it awhile back.

Bad comparason though, since Clay's album was a FLOP. :lol:

Her pre-taped msg on Karaoke Idol and kiddie book promo isn't going to cause any grand sales spike fopr COADF.

we were actually talking of just a 1k+ maintenance every week, not the 5k+ range

It's ok i can't spend more money to buy new promos now!!!!

5 singles and 2 promos it's enough for AL ...

don't forget the Tracy Young remix of Easy Ride!!!

8 remixed track from AL!

And She Use X-Static Process (a kind of remix) for the X-Static exhibition....

COADF drops 13-15 on Top Electronic Albums, 77 weeks on. It's the 3rd-longest-running title on the 25-position chart- Gorillaz (down 8-9) is at 101 weeks, and Imogen Heap holds at 5 (78 weeks; not certified).

Imogen Heap holds at 5 (78 weeks; not certified).

just goes to show how insignificant this chart is in term of sales. 78 weeks on the chart and <300k in soundscan.

Well, of course we know that dance music doesn't sell all that well in the USA. :) But, it's good to look at in terms of how COADF continues to sell. After the first several positions, the sales totals aren't that impressive (except maybe in a bigger-than-normal sales week).

Guest nothingfails0603

just goes to show how insignificant this chart is in term of sales. 78 weeks on the chart and <300k in soundscan.

see, I differ from you there, I think it's great how Imogen Heap's cd has kind of become an unsung cult hit. No radio or MTV airplay, no real promotion, but yet it's still continuing to sell in steady numbers after a year and a half when far more successful albums from the same release period have dropped from view.

Guest nothingfails0603

37 RCA 68 70 81 AGUILERA*CHRISTINA BACK TO BASICS 8,693 -11 9,755 1,518,251

i cant believe that this album is behind confessions at 37 weeks on

that is true, but I do think people overexaggerate it being a "flop". I think her cd is doing OKAY, it's just not a blockbuster. I mean, she isn't selling Yonka or Justine numbers, but her cd also came out at the same time as Paris and Jessica. It's more of a moderate success, but those who hate her hate her with such a passion that anything less than a blockbuster is a flop for her. I remember when they were talking about what a bomb Ain't No Other Man was even though the song peaked at #6 and spent 10 weeks in the top ten. I think Christina is annoying with the oversinging but 1,518,251 is a hell of a lot more for her to be selling in 2006-2007 than most of us would've thought when she came out with Genie In A Bottle, and that's a fact.

that is true, but I do think people overexaggerate it being a "flop". I think her cd is doing OKAY, it's just not a blockbuster. I mean, she isn't selling Yonka or Justine numbers, but her cd also came out at the same time as Paris and Jessica. It's more of a moderate success, but those who hate her hate her with such a passion that anything less than a blockbuster is a flop for her. I remember when they were talking about what a bomb Ain't No Other Man was even though the song peaked at #6 and spent 10 weeks in the top ten. I think Christina is annoying with the oversinging but 1,518,251 is a hell of a lot more for her to be selling in 2006-2007 than most of us would've thought when she came out with Genie In A Bottle, and that's a fact.

It's not a flop but it is a sales disappointment when following up such a successful album like Stripped. 1.5 million units is something most artists will kill for in todays indurtry sales slump. It just goes to show what a fan base M has to be able to shift 1.624 million units in the US without the success on radio like Christina has had. I have a feeling that Gwen might be in the same boat but I enjoy listening to that CD unlike Christina's of which I have never listened...literally. Frankly I think it sucks but I give her props for doing something different.

again: I think it´s not a flop in the US, but it is outside...although consiering the state of the market, is not as bad as it looks

I'll comment on whatever I like, muthafucka. :gent:

You know why I say that, though- the singles have insignificant totals to begin with- we're talking about a chart and a genre that barely sells anything.

This year, though, I'll lump the COADF singles (and album) into the Catalog list (that is, if I get the info again!)

I probably will continue to do so until there's no mention of these old singles' rankings on the dance sales chart. It's kinda tired seeing that info posted. The album, fine, but the dance sales chart? No meaning at this stage.

Anyhoo, enough of that. Still no new catalog info. sigh If no info this week, will be 3 weeks- Chicken Little will be giving a call soon.

I probably will continue to do so until there's no mention of these old singles' rankings on the dance sales chart. It's kinda tired seeing that info posted. The album, fine, but the dance sales chart? No meaning at this stage.

Anyhoo, enough of that. Still no new catalog info. sigh If no info this week, will be 3 weeks- Chicken Little will be giving a call soon.

That's how you feel. You are not the only person at this message board!!

FINALLY back in business. :)

W/E 5/13/07

The 17 albums/EPs scanned 3,499 units, down 1.05% from last week. Who’s That Girl soundtrack dropped 23% to 17 units.

1. The Immaculate Collection: 1,811 (+13%)

2. Like a Virgin: 452 (-8%)

3. GHV2: 221 (-30%)

4. Ray of Light: 184 (+3%)

5. Madonna: 131 (-25%)

6. The Immaculate Collection (Video): 129 (-1%)

7. Something to Remember: 126 (-3%)

8. True Blue: 98 (+11%)

9. Ciao Italia: 80 (+18%)

10. Music: 76 (+3%)

11. Girlie Show: 74 (+1%)

12. Like a Prayer: 69 (-24%)

13. Erotica: 63 (-15%)

14. American Life: 52 (-32%)

15. Drowned World Tour: 44 (-21%)

16. The Video Collection: 93:99: 43 (+13%)

17. Evita: 43 (+87%)

18. Bedtime Stories: 37 (-39%)

19. You Can Dance: 37 (-36%)

20. Remixed & Revisited: 34 (-19%)

21. I'm Breathless: 30 (-)

22. Hollywood: 22 (+69%)

COADF-Era Sales Info

Confessions on a Dance Floor: 1,029 (+12%)- 1,628,684 cume

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret: 145 (+9%)

Jump: 103 (+30%)

Get Together: 75 (+39%)

Sorry: 51 (+11%)

Hung Up: 37 (-14%)

I'm pleased that COADF is holding up rather nicely. I hope it can maintain similar sales until the new album is released. I'll also have my fingers crossed for a nice sales spike with the release of the Live Earth track. ;)