MADONNA SoundScan Sales- 2007/2008

HolidayGuy

W/E 2/25/07

Notes: The 17 albums/EPs scanned 3,977 units, down 11.82% from the prior week. WTG scanned 16 units (down 27%).

1. The Immaculate Collection: 2,155 (-15%)

2. Like a Virgin: 317 (-5%)

3. GHV2: 225 (-25%)

4. Ray of Light: 224 (-2%)

5. Madonna: 174 (-4%)

6. Something to Remember: 159 (-2%)

7. The Immaculate Collection (Video): 148 (-12%)

8. True Blue: 148 (+17%)

9. Music: 112 (-20%)

10. Erotica: 96 (-16%)

11. Drowned World Tour: 96 (-5%)

12. Ciao Italia: 86 (-20%)

13. Girlie Show: 80 (-26%)

14. Like a Prayer: 73 (-4%)

15. The Video Collection: 93:99: 73 (+7%)

16. American Life: 73 (+24%)

17. Evita: 54 (+15%)

18. Bedtime Stories: 44 (-19%)

19. Remixed & Revisited: 43 (-10%)

20. You Can Dance: 34 (-38%)

21. I'm Breathless: 30 (-9%)

22. Vogue: 21 (+50%)

COADF Sales Info

Confessions on a Dance Floor: 1,627 (-26%)- 1.615 million cume

Jump: 222 (-13%)

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret: 215 (-38%)

Get Together: 95 (-)

Hung Up: 80 (-10%)

Sorry: 70 (-20%)

Guest boytoyville

W/E 2/25/07

Notes: The 17 albums/EPs scanned 3,977 units, down 11.82% from the prior week. WTG scanned 16 units (down 27%).

1. The Immaculate Collection: 2,155 (-15%)

2. Like a Virgin: 317 (-5%)

3. GHV2: 225 (-25%)

4. Ray of Light: 224 (-2%)

5. Madonna: 174 (-4%)

6. Something to Remember: 159 (-2%)

7. The Immaculate Collection (Video): 148 (-12%)

8. True Blue: 148 (+17%)

9. Music: 112 (-20%)

10. Erotica: 96 (-16%)

11. Drowned World Tour: 96 (-5%)

12. Ciao Italia: 86 (-20%)

13. Girlie Show: 80 (-26%)

14. Like a Prayer: 73 (-4%)

15. The Video Collection: 93:99: 73 (+7%)

16. American Life: 73 (+24%)

17. Evita: 54 (+15%)

18. Bedtime Stories: 44 (-19%)

19. Remixed & Revisited: 43 (-10%)

20. You Can Dance: 34 (-38%)

21. I'm Breathless: 30 (-9%)

22. Vogue: 21 (+50%)

COADF Sales Info

Confessions on a Dance Floor: 1,627 (-26%)- 1.615 million cume

Jump: 222 (-13%)

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret: 215 (-38%)

Get Together: 95 (-)

Hung Up: 80 (-10%)

Sorry: 70 (-20%)

Kind of a stiff drop for COAFD this week. Oh well, as long as it's selling well over a 1,000 units still I'm pleased. I think COADF is going to be a decent catalogue seller.

thanks HG. Two notable observations this week:

1. LAV takes over GHV2 as the 2nd best YTD catalog seller (behind TIC). Good to see the album that made Madonna a star in the US going so strong after 22+ years. On the other hand however, how embarrassing for GHV2 to be beaten by an old studio album. I am afraid this album will not have even a smaller version of legs of TIC

2. TIC catches up to COADF in YTD sales. It was bound to happen this year so no surprises here.

The debut album did pretty well in the USA- I'd say LAV is the album that shot her into the stratosphere, in many a way, though.

Wonder if GHV2 will drop below 200 units...

Guest Beautiful Stranger

I just ordered the 1-Disc Evita Soundtrack from Amazon.com. :wow:

It was the only Madge album I didn't have.

...Will my purchase push it to Gold? :rotfl:

Are u SERIOUS? Even I stopped myself from getting that one! :lol: There's really no point to its existence, as every single track already was on the double album. If anything, it should have been released simultaneusly wiht the double album- but, surprisingly enough, WB was on the money with just releasing the double album in the USA. (Note how the double Dreamgirls album hasn't been nearly as succssful as the single album)

Guest Beautiful Stranger

But I'm a FAN! :sour:

Now I have all 21 albums. :wow:

Madonna

LAV

TB

WTG

YCD

LAP

IB

TIC

Erotica

BS

STR

Evita (2-Disc)

Evita (1-Disc)

ROL

Music

GHV2

AL

R&R

COADF

IGTTYAS

TCT

Do you have both "clean" and explicit versions of Erotica? Never got the explicit one.

I do have 2 Madonna, LAV and TB on CD, as I bought those dang remasters.

Anyhoo, I bet SoundScan doesn't even bother tracking sales of the single disc, which is why it's stuck at 6,500 or so units. :D

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Do you have both "clean" and explicit versions of Erotica? Never got the explicit one.

I do have 2 Madonna, LAV and TB on CD, as I bought those dang remasters.

Anyhoo, I bet SoundScan doesn't even bother tracking sales of the single disc, which is why it's stuck at 6,500 or so units. :D

I only have the DIRRTY Erotica. I HATE the censoring of music and wanted the actual, un-messed around with version of the album, not menton the REVOLUTIONARY "Did You Do It?" :lmao:

I didn't start buying her back catalog until after the re-masters were released so I only have 1 of everything.

Isn't the only difference between the clean and explicit versions the inclusion of "Did You Do It"?

Erotica, BTW, has around 19K or so to go before it crosses 1.9 million- to keep things on topic here. ;)

Guest Beautiful Stranger

BS is a REAL fan.

Sounding like a lamb,

Chris

A LAMB? :rosey:

But I've only bought ONE of her singles.

The "American Life" A/B side CD single. It was the first time I really paid attention to one of her album releases and it's lead off single as they were happening, and I was not hearing AL on the radio (ahem) so I bought the single.

Anywho, is Evita going to cross 2,000,000 scanned by the end of 2007 or will it have to wait until 2008? :sneaky:

Guest boytoyville

TIC climbs 136-124 on the catalog chart, with 2,139 units (down 1%).

If only it can make it back into the top 50. :p

Hmmm, maybe with the next album, it can get a boost back to the top 50. Or, with next year, the Rock HOF possible induction, turning 50, the 25th anniversary of the debut album, etc.

I also think a well-placed promo in Wal-Mart could get it inside the top 50, like it had been a couple years back. It may have been marked down to $9.98 or whatever for a litle while, but not as long as it was back in the day. Wal-Mart still has Rollback items (even less than $9.98), but TIC hasn't been one of those, to my knowledge. The Glitter soundtrack (while not moving anywhere near as many units as TIC) was part of that Rollback program- for $7.99- and saw its sales rise significantly (as high as 600+ in a week).

Guest boytoyville

what ddi coadf scan last week? has coadf been put on as a sale item in the usa yet?

They don't really discount albums in the US here like they do in Europe after they have been popular for about 2 years. They usually have albums discounted here when they first come out or when award shows are going on. That is about it.

There's the $9.72 discounting at Wal-Mart and such, the occasional Rollback, etc. COADF hasn't been part of anything like that yet. You could see a current album see a big noost because of a markdown at Target or sumthin', but the impact for such things seems to be bigger in the UK for some reason.

The Virgin store (running $10 sale on LAV) in both New York (Time square) and LA (H&H Kodak Theater in Hollywood) had large bins full of LAV CDs (at least a 100 in each).

Guest boytoyville

Has MediaTraffic updated COADF album sales? I remember they had it at around 7.5M WW.

There is list is only for time in the top 40 so the total of 7.5 million is accurate.

Also The Immaculate Collection is on sale at Best Buy these days for 9.99 on an end cap.