MADONNA SoundScan Sales- 2007/2008

HolidayGuy

Guest nothingfails0603
Record club sales are very low. One of the big 2 has closed down.

Please name a recent 2xp album that has only sold 1.67 million.

Rihanna got 2x when she was like 1.3, didn't she?

COADF is no further away from 2x than AL is from 1x, plus she could use an extra 1x on her belt right now considering how close she and Mariah are currently.

I was just browsing Amazon and noticed a few of Madonna's cds have had price changes. Looks like they went into effect in July per wea.com

Lab Code Cf Sel # Artist Title PA Dashless UPC "OLDSRP" "NEWSRP"

SIR CD 25535 MADONNA You Can Dance N 075992553520 11.98 7.98

SIR CD 25844 MADONNA Like A Prayer N 075992584425 11.98 7.98

SIR CD 26209 MADONNA I'm Breathless N 075992620925 11.98 7.98

SIR CD 45767 MADONNA Bedtime Stories N 093624576723 11.98 7.98

not like the new price will cause sales to skyrocket but at a lower price it would be more of an impulse buy.

I just purchased new copies of Bedtime Stories, I'm Breathless & You Can Dance for $3.99 at tower records online. They were on sale, along with other Madonna albums. Also, I got some Import CD's that are usually $14.98 - 18.99 for $8 (La Isla Bonita Super EP, True Blue Super Club Mix EP & the Keep It Together/Cherish Extended EP).

Guest hotstickyandsweet
I'm surprised that some of her albums are selling better than they did in 2007. Some will pretty much match or just surpass 2007 totals.

All because of the release of Hard Candy, is the reason why catalogue sales appear to be higher.

• 3 weeks later...

lemi, I think I made a note about WTG- that's the figure that was passed on (I didn't see the info for that particular title or Evita).

Not sure about GHV2. That album's catalog sales are ridiculously low, but what can ya do.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I wish we could get a SS report. It would be interesting to see if HC had any kind of an increase for Circuit City closing 567 stores.

The Virgin Megastore at Times Square is liquidating. The other night they had one COADF left along with 12+ copies of STR.

I wish we could get a SS report. It would be interesting to see if HC had any kind of an increase for Circuit City closing 567 stores.

The Virgin Megastore at Times Square is liquidating. The other night they had one COADF left along with 12+ copies of STR.

According to Billboard Chartbeat, Janet's Discipline skyrocketed up the R&B album sales chart probably because of Circuit City closing. Now word on how it affected Hard Candy.

Guest nothingfails0603

funny, I figured Circuit City would've provided it with more of a boost like Janet and Donna Summer's albums did

And, was EVERY title at Circuit City on clearance price?

Notice that Janet's album also gained on the R&B albums chart (was up to No. 10)- were some Circuit City stores considered core urban stores?

Guest nothingfails0603
And, was EVERY title at Circuit City on clearance price?

Notice that Janet's album also gained on the R&B albums chart (was up to No. 10)- were some Circuit City stores considered core urban stores?

yes, Circuit City was "everything must go" when I went there. All DVD's and CD's were marked off the same percent

Guest nothingfails0603

the one here had probably 5 copies of HC but a good 20 E=MC2, I didn't see too many Discipline's. They had a shitload of Donna Summer albums tho.

I also saw a few COADF and LAV there

The CC by me always seemed to be overstocked on Disipline, I bet CC had some sort of deal where they stocked a lot and got a price cut of some kind.

My brother used to work there and said they were terrible with returns.