MADONNA SoundScan Sales- 2007/2008

HolidayGuy

COADF has *scanned*- not shipped- 1.52m and change. The shipment figure possibly could be 1.85m-1.9m. Like I said earlier, all we can do is speculate, as we don't know how many units have been shipped out.

just imagine the same date releases of the american idol winner - (Carrie Underwood) is now 5x platinum and our madge is still at 1x platinum....

where are her fans? :sneaky::shy:

Guest moboy

COADF will easily be certifed 2X Platinum. Does it really matter when. As Holidayguy said, more than likely when her new album is out. WBR may be able to pay less certifying multiple albums, rather than doing them separately!?

I dunno if there is a bundle special when certifying product- may be.

This is Carrie Underwood's debut album- will she be selling 5-6 million with most of her followup releases. Of course not.

COADF's 1.63m+ total is pretty solid- if sales are quoted in articles, it's going to be that, not 1 million (for its platinum cert). And, an increase of 962,000 from American Life- for a genre that doesn't get much of any play on USA radio, COADF's numbers aren't too bad- especially for a near-50 yo who's been churning out hit after hit pretty consistently for 25 years.

Guest Pierpinto

How can it be 2xp when it has only shipped 1.5 million physical cds? COADF has 100k in digital sales which are not counted by the RIAA.

They do ;)

USA, Germany, Norway, Sweden and UK - digital album sales can be included for certification

Link

Thanks Holiday_Guy for the info !

Edited by Pierpinto

It would make sense for digital album sales to be counted, sure. Is there anything specific stating they're not? Sounds like an Ask Billboard issue. :) I mean, there isn't even a digital-album certification, so who knows.

It would make sense for digital album sales to be counted, sure. Is there anything specific stating they're not? Sounds like an Ask Billboard issue. :) I mean, there isn't even a digital-album certification, so who knows.

I wrote to Ask Billboard about this. I heard nothing!

It's really an RIAA issue, but they don't write back. As all the Janet fans know... :horny:

Confirmed:

Digital album sales *DO* count toward album certs- threy can be added to net shipments for purposes of certification. Per Mr. Geoff Mayfield @ Billboard.

I'm glad that they do include album digital sales now for the certs! Digital album sales are just a nugget of all album sales now but they have been growing and its proportion in the market will continue to grow significantly over the next decade.

6/30 charts:

Top Electronic Albums:

COADF holds at #13, 84 weeks.

Hot Single Sales:

Jumps is up 13 places to #36, bulleted, 30 weeks.

Hot Dance Single Sales:

Jump is up 2 to #7, bulleted, 32 weeks.

Guest silab

coadf doesnt deserve a new certification. bedtime stories and esp the immaculate collection are overcertified.

Guest ngoannga
Madonna 4 Shows In Japan (2006)

MARIAH CAREY 6 Shows In Japan (2006) = QUEEN OF JAPAN

MARIAH CAREY is biggest selling female recording artist, 215 million records sold with only 16 years in business.

yeah, talk about her the anticipated FLOP tour. how much did she make again? :lmao: . What about the cancelled tour in HongKong due to poor sales? :lol: .

Madonna 4 Shows In Japan (2006): HIGH PRICES: SOLD OUT

MARIAH CAREY 6 Shows In Japan (2006): SOLD OUT? HOW MUCH DID SHE MAKE? WHERE IS THE INFO?

215 million records sold: where does that number come from? the sky? :lmao:

Did you know that Madonna has sold 3 billion albums worldwide?

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Please do not take the bait of one of our most notorious- and uninformed-trollers- um, I mean posters. Thanks. :)

Don't worry, he's been banned. :lol:

coadf doesnt deserve a new certification. bedtime stories and esp the immaculate collection are overcertified.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Says the Marrana fan who has like 56 diamond awards with sales of only 4.7 million, RICH.