New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin

elijah

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

He can’t. That’s what makes him now extremely dangerous. He’s embarrassing himself to the highest level and he perfectly knows that Russia is being humiliated. 

Now he says his new goal is to secure Dombas? He’s going to lose Crimea for sure too. What an incredibly bad strategist he turned out to be.

Just wait. He is incredibly evil and he was been very lucky sofar. Hopefully you are right and Cremea would be returned to Ukraine, but I would not bet on it unfortunately. Even if he is killed or deposed, I dont see his successor giving back Cremea... Unless its Navalny eventually.

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Just wait. He is incredibly evil and he was been very lucky sofar. Hopefully you are right and Cremea would be returned to Ukraine, but I would not bet on it unfortunately. Even if he is killed or deposed, I dont see his successor giving back Cremea... Unless its Navalny eventually.

No future Russian president will ever think of returning Crimeea. It'll be like shooting oneself in the foot and burying his political career.

2 hours ago, elijah said:

I hope Navalny is free but he’s such a big racist that I hope he retires in some place. 

1 minute ago, Kilt said:

No future Russian president will ever think of returning Crimeea. It'll be like shooting oneself in the foot and burying his political career.

The thing is if Ukrainians get back Crimea in this war. Russian army seems to be far more obsolete than expected. 

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The thing is if Ukrainians get back Crimea in this war. Russian army seems to be far more obsolete than expected. 

I don't see this happening unfortunately. I hope they chase them out of Donetsk and Luhansk, but I wouldn't bet on it.

17 hours ago, elijah said:

Well no matter if money or not are involved, what do you actually expect Europeans to do? To buy RU gas, which would fund the war on an independent European nation? Because some of us understand that the next one could be anyone, including an EU and NATO member. Until RU sees itself as part of Europe, no good things are coming to them (and to us hopefully in smaller amount) unfortunately. But we have no choice in the matter at least until we are sure that Putin is gone and something similar is NOT coming after him. Maybe if Navalny takes over, it could be different... This hybrid war/ this opposition towards the West must stop. Ru must accept it has no alternative to offer, compared to the West, which has somewhat soft power and accept that their biggest achievements in arts/culture/architecture are due to European influence.  

Money IS always involved when it comes to wars. Certain countries get involved only when it benefits them.

EU shouldn't be energy reliant on either of those two big turds. That would be the ideal situation, truly investing on alternative green energy. But it doesn't suit certain powers, does it?

Have fun paying much higher energy bills.

In the end the innocent vulnerable ones are always the ones suffering.

14 hours ago, Andra said:

Yeah because it's that simple, just "reach an agreement". There is no reaching an agreement with Putin, his demands are beyond absurd and besides that, he can't even be trusted to follow on any signed deal!

No one says it is simple, far from it; wrong assumption making does not help.

This war could have been avoided. It was known months ago it was more than likely to unfold. Energy supply  interests have a lot to do with what's been happening to the detriment of millions of displaced innocent people, people who have lost their lives including babies and children, over a conflict that could have been avoided.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
12 hours ago, Gaudet said:

No one says it is simple, far from it; wrong assumption making does not help.

This war could have been avoided. It was known months ago it was more than likely to unfold. Energy supply  interests have a lot to do with what's been happening to the detriment of millions of displaced innocent people, people who have lost their lives including babies and children, over a conflict that could have been avoided.

Exactly. But it's taboo.

On 3/25/2022 at 2:43 PM, elijah said:

Aeral video of yesterday peaceful march in support of Ukraine and against Russian aggression, held in Sofia, Bulgaria, late yesterday (24.03.2022). More than 10000 people are said to have attended, including me 🙂

Beautiful... and that music 🥺

Proud of you! 🤗

23 hours ago, Gaudet said:

This war could have been avoided.

Completely agree. The world needed to take a stand against evil Putin much earlier. Now it is the brave Ukranians that have to do it, sacrificing so much on the way. At least the scales have fallen off the eyes of so many now, and outside of Russia, only the crazy, gullible conspiracy theorists still support Putin. Everyone else can see the truth, finally!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Insane Hannity, who likes to "bomb the living hell out of people", barks over Tulsi Gabbard who calls for peace negotiations instead of military action. Of course he's only expressing the mainstream American view on the issue and she's the "insane" one.

They are all insane, every single one of these so called "leaders". We are ruled by a bunch of incompetent, undiplomatic, irresponsible, useless, selfish cretins. Hardly a single one to be proud of.

Furthermore, with the leader of the free world (or rather leader of the decaying free world) making off-script silly remarks about a certain dictator right now when a light at the end of the tunnels seems to be appearing with negotiations thus possible end to this war, it takes a second for said silly remarks to escalate a situation into a global disaster no sane person would really want to experience. Referring to senile Biden's remarks of course - granted that what he has expressed live on TV is what many of us most likely feel and think about Putzin, though in his position as a politician and president of the U.S. he should be really careful about what his disconnected tongue lets out. Or rather: whoever puts the autopilot on him should ensure that gassy Joe strictly adheres to his given script and his script only.

Biden is a diplomatic liability. He’s playing into Putin’s hands | Simon Jenkins | The Guardian

‘I’m not walking anything back’: Biden defends comment that Putin can’t stay in power – US politics as it happened | US news | The Guardian

May this fuckery war end soon.

5 hours ago, Gaudet said:

They are all insane, every single one of these so called "leaders". We are ruled by a bunch of incompetent, undiplomatic, irresponsible, useless, selfish cretins. Hardly a single one to be proud of.

Furthermore, with the leader of the free world (or rather leader of the decaying free world) making off-script silly remarks about a certain dictator right now when a light at the end of the tunnels seems to be appearing with negotiations thus possible end to this war, it takes a second for said silly remarks to escalate a situation into a global disaster no sane person would really want to experience. Referring to senile Biden's remarks of course - granted that what he has expressed live on TV is what many of us most likely feel and think about Putzin, though in his position as a politician and president of the U.S. he should be really careful about what his disconnected tongue lets out. Or rather: whoever puts the autopilot on him should ensure that gassy Joe strictly adheres to his given script and his script only.

Biden is a diplomatic liability. He’s playing into Putin’s hands | Simon Jenkins | The Guardian

‘I’m not walking anything back’: Biden defends comment that Putin can’t stay in power – US politics as it happened | US news | The Guardian

May this fuckery war end soon.

Yes, it’s Biden s fault : he pressed the angel to invade and he put his hand on the red botton. We get it and we see you

Where is your outrage over what Putin is doing to Ukraine? Is everyone suppose to just handle him with gloves and bow down to suck his dick as to not get him "triggered" more? Biden said exactly what every sane person in this world thinks.

3 hours ago, elijah said:

Yes, it’s Biden s fault : he pressed the angel to invade and he put his hand on the red botton. We get it and we see you

Frankly sir or whatever you are, you don't get and see anything at all. Clearly. It takes a brain to "get and see". Quit with your passive aggressive tone twisting people's words, nothing of the sort was said above. I did not say it is Biden's fault, not at all, yet you deliberately put words into people's mouths according to your own agenda. Enough. 

1 minute ago, Gaudet said:

Frankly sir or whatever you are, you don't get and see anything at all. Clearly. It takes a brain to "get and see". Quit with your passive aggressive tone twisting people's words, nothing of the sort was said above. I did not say it is Biden's fault, not at all, yet you deliberately put words into people's mouths according to your own agenda. Enough. 

My agenda??? It feels like you have poorly veiled agenda and my agenda is that I m tired of ppl like u calling the black white. But whatevs

Love to see a bully under pressure. Russia’s only genuine source of income is selling oil and gas, even though they can’t access the money because of the sanctions which is still being wired to them. That’s it. 
If this dictator is threatening to stop supplying gas and oil as contractually obligated then it’s one more reason to consider him untrustworthy. The West, as morons as they were in the past, are switching gears as we speak and by next winter 90% of Russian income won’t exist anymore because most countries will have moved on and will have found a new energy source / supplier. 

2 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Love to see a bully under pressure. Russia’s only genuine source of income is selling oil and gas, even though they can’t access the money because of the sanctions which is still being wired to them. That’s it. 
If this dictator is threatening to stop supplying gas and oil as contractually obligated then it’s one more reason to consider him untrustworthy. The West, as morons as they were in the past, are switching gears as we speak and by next winter 90% of Russian income won’t exist anymore because most countries will have moved on and will have found a new energy source / supplier. 

I really doubt anybody will ever believe a word he says. Members here who know better warned many of us and I personally found it hard to believe how incredibly untrustworthy he is 

I expect this is going to bring big geopolitical changes. Gas comes in Southern Europe from Argelia and they are already being cunts, with Morocco being as clown as always. I do fear that fracking and nuclear energy will unfortunately play a big part of the solution.

56 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I expect this is going to bring big geopolitical changes. Gas comes in Southern Europe from Argelia and they are already being cunts, with Morocco being as clown as always. I do fear that fracking and nuclear energy will unfortunately play a big part of the solution.

Yeah I fear so too. Whatever is done in the end, I hope our governments diversify the energy sources in the future so that this hot mess won’t happen again. 

27 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Yeah I fear so too. Whatever is done in the end, I hope our governments diversify the energy sources in the future so that this hot mess won’t happen again. 

Nuclear is the obvious near future solution. France already back down and would work on over 20 reactors. Bulgaria and Greece are in talks for a new reactor in Bulgaria. However the future is in solar/wind, but obv not the near future. Where the energy is not in is the RU gas. At least until Putin is jailed in Hague or killed. But even then Europe must think twice and try NOT to embolden RU once again.

12 hours ago, Kim said:

These reports of civilian massacres in Bucha are horrifying! Undoubted war crimes.

... and Irpen, too - naked women who were burned after being raped. Civilians who were fleeing, shot. How? There's a plethora of pictures out there documenting this massacre.

One has to really be cerebrally constipated to believe the bullshit the Russian propaganda is spewing out, claiming that the Ukrainian soldiers killed their own people.

4 hours ago, Kilt said:

... and Irpen, too - naked women who were burned after being raped. Civilians who were fleeing, shot. How? There's a plethora of pictures out there documenting this massacre.

One has to really be cerebrally constipated to believe the bullshit the Russian propaganda is spewing out, claiming that the Ukrainian soldiers killed their own people.

Somehow the apologists here are very silent recently. I guess the horror reached them too. 

Putin’s troll farm is hard at work. Massive amount of replies on Twitter and Facebook about those massacres disputing those as fake or all committed instead by the Ukraine army. :bad: