2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

It's almost the same with our "Unioni civili ", minus the step child adoptions at least for now. Many catholic politicians felt uncomfortable even with the adoption of the biological children, so they made them fail. A law against homophobia has been discussed, but not approved yet.

A LAW AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA HAS BEEN REJECTED SEVERAL TIMES CAUSE OF THE OF LEFT-CATHOLICS, MIDDLE/RIGHT CATHOLICS, RIGHT PARTIES AND SOME LEFTISTS TOO WITH THE EXCUSE THAT IF IT A LAW AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA IS APPROVED THEN IT WOULD BE REQUIRED A LAW AGAINST WOMEN VIOLENCE, A LAW AGAINST ELDER PEOPLE VIOLENCE, ETC...AND WOULD BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL BECAUSE OF DISCRIMINATION......

AS FOR THE STEPCHILD ADOPTION, THIS TIME IT WEREN'T ONLY THE CATHOLICS WHO OPPOSED....

https://thetab.com/us/2016/06/14/i-was-able-to-buy-an-ar-15-in-five-minutes-19833

So easy and quick to buy in the U.S. If he went to a gunshow or ordered it off the internet it would be even easier. There is no background check done at gunshows and online!

I read there are 4 million assault rifles on US homes! I just can't believe it. They are status symbols for idiots.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/06/16/grandson-killed-orlando-passengers-flight-funeral-responded-beautifully/

Today my dear friend and stewardess Melinda and I had the sad privilege of attending to his grandmother on our flight as she made her journey to Orlando to join her family during this unspeakable time.

Knowing she was making this hard journey alone, JetBlue employees made sure to be at her side every step of the way. Melinda stood quietly by her wheelchair while we waited until it was time to board. Kellie, the gate agent, boarded with her and helped get her settled. Melinda and I gave her a blanket, a pillow, a box of tissues and water so she could be as comfortable as possible. She was understandably distraught, but met us with kindness and gentleness. And gratitude.

But here’s where our flight got truly inspiring. I had the idea to pass around a piece of paper to everyone on board and invite them to sign it for this grieving grandmother. I talked it over with Melinda and she started the process from the back of the plane. As we took beverage orders, we whispered a heads up about the plan as we went.

Halfway through, Melinda called me, “Kel, I think you should start another paper from the front. Folks are writing PARAGRAPHS.” So I did. Then we started one in the middle. Lastly, running out of time on our hour and fifteen minute flight, we handed out pieces of paper to everyone still waiting.

When we gathered them together to present them to her, we didn’t have just a sheet of paper covered in names, which is what I had envisioned. Instead, we had page after page after page after page of long messages offering condolences, peace, love and support. There were even a couple of cash donations, and more than a few tears.

When we landed, I made an announcement that the company had emailed to us earlier in the morning to use as an optional addition to our normal landing announcement, which states “JetBlue stands with Orlando.”

Then with her permission and at the request of a couple of passengers, we offered a moment of silence in Omar’s memory.

As we deplaned, EVERY SINGLE PERSON STOPPED TO OFFER HER THEIR CONDOLENCES.

Some just said they were sorry, some touched her hand, some hugged her, some cried with her. But every single person stopped to speak to her, and not a single person was impatient at the slower deplaning process.

A LAW AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA HAS BEEN REJECTED SEVERAL TIMES CAUSE OF THE OF LEFT-CATHOLICS, MIDDLE/RIGHT CATHOLICS, RIGHT PARTIES AND SOME LEFTISTS TOO WITH THE EXCUSE THAT IF IT A LAW AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA IS APPROVED THEN IT WOULD BE REQUIRED A LAW AGAINST WOMEN VIOLENCE, A LAW AGAINST ELDER PEOPLE VIOLENCE, ETC...AND WOULD BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL BECAUSE OF DISCRIMINATION......

AS FOR THE STEPCHILD ADOPTION, THIS TIME IT WEREN'T ONLY THE CATHOLICS WHO OPPOSED....

Yes, I know the stupid 5 stelle too..Well basically it's their fault if the step child adoptions weren't approved...They had a chance and they wasted it because they hate Renzi and a good part of the people who vote for them were against adoptions. .When I was talking about catholic politicians I was referring to the ones present in left parties too and yes Italy is full of "cattocomunisti"...

Guest Mauro

Another mass shooting at a gay bar. This time in Mexico.

Mass shooting at gay bar in Mexico, "15+ dead"
More than 15 people are believed to have been killed in a mass shooting at a gay bar in Xalapa, Mexico a little over three weeks ago.
violence-400x267.jpg
On 22 May, the three gunmen entered Madame gay bar in Xalapa - a city in the state of Veracruz - and carried out a mass shooting, killing what is believed to be more than 15 people and injuring many others.
The state prosecutor released a statement saying that there were 5 people killed in the shooting and 14 injured, of which 12 have been discharged from hospital, however Mexico has a long history of manipulating the media and of journalists being killed. A local reporter notes “there were many more than what the government says, obviously”.
Her comments are backed by various witnesses, including a local doctor who tended to the injured and knowing that the authorities would try to cover up the facts, told reporters at El Noreste there were more than 15 people dead. The doctor, who works at Ignacio García Tellez hospital in Xalapa, said that among the wounded there was a 14 year old pregnant minor who suffered a severe wound in the leg and another one in the arm.
News outlet Regeneración reports that a witness who was entering the bar at the time of the shooting says he took refuge in a cupboard as soon as he heard the shootings. He says he saw three subjects with weapons enter the bar, and that he had believed it was the police, who regularly monitor the bar.
Soon after they entered, the witness says they started shooting behind the bar and massacring people. He could hear the screams from the cupboard. When the shooting stopped, about 10 to 20 seconds later, absolute silence followed. He could see two dead people on the floor and the bar was empty.
Adding to this, a young man sent photos to both Regeneración and El Noreste media outlets that showed at least seven dead people.
A 24-year-old employee at the gay bar, also told reporters that he witnessed an armed group enter the bar and shoot into a crowd of more than 400 people. He said that there were more than 15 dead and multiple wounded, who were taken to various hospitals.
The mass shooting went mostly unreported in English language media and with the current situation in Mexico, was barely reported locally. It appears authorities have tried to downplay the shooting but evidence shows otherwise.
The government dismisses it as a drug dispute, however Mexican LGBTI organisations have condemned this massacre as a homophobic attack.

Americans, PLEASE call your local senator to support the filibuster.

855-331-8593. You will hear a short message from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. You will then enter your 5 digit zip code, which will put you through to your state senator.. You then say, "I am calling to support the fillibuster."

The Brady campaign will be backstopping the numbers using your zip code to know how many people have called.

Please do it, it will take you (at most) two minutes.

This is happening right now:

LIVE VIDEO: Democrats Hold Senate Floor In Push For Gun Control

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/15/482182468/live-video-democrats-to-hold-floor-indefinitely-in-push-for-gun-controlThey

The entire process took me like 2 or 3 mins! Thanks for sharing this.

I have no words. No we have mentally disturbed or evil people emulating the Orlando shooting. ..So scary. RIP to all the victims.

The Mexico one? It happened three weeks ago but it wouldn't surprise me if there were similar ones. LGBT community is one of the biggest symbols of democracy in the West.

The Mexico one? It happened three weeks ago but it wouldn't surprise me if there were similar ones. LGBT community is one of the biggest symbols of democracy in the West.

Oh, thanks. Sorry. :banghead: I didn't pay attention to the date. Hopefully nobody will try to "emulate" what those bastards did anymore. :thumbsdown:

I'm curious.

In your mind, if the 'perfect' gun laws went into effect and were WELL enforced in the US, who would still be armed?

The police, and other government agencies and................

Criminals who never have and never will give a shit about the laws that govern.

Is this a scenario you are comfortable with?

Anybody who thinks that guns are reasonable deserves to be laughed at.

You should stay in jolly old England.

The US is filled with killer gators, aggressive gorrilas and over 300 MILLION registered guns.*

How do you guys living there even leave your homes?*

* all sarcasm by the way

It is not my place to tell Americans what to do and think but the gun culture makes no sense to me personally. I do understand that I live in an entirely different country with different ideas to guns ownership. . I don't know of anyone who owns a gun or even wants to. It is such a strange concept to even think that someone can want a gun unless they are a farmer. We have a very strict no gun policy in Australia that John Howard introduced after the Port Arthur massacre and the over whelming majority of people fully support. I always feel so numb and sad when I hear of mass shootings and can't see any reason for anyone to own high powered weapons.

It is not my place to tell Americans what to do and think but the gun culture makes no sense to me personally. I do understand that I live in an entirely different country with different ideas to guns ownership. . I don't know of anyone who owns a gun or even wants to. It is such a strange concept to even think that someone can want a gun unless they are a farmer. We have a very strict no gun policy in Australia that John Howard introduced after the Port Arthur massacre and the over whelming majority of people fully support. I always feel so numb and sad when I hear of mass shootings and can't see any reason for anyone to own high powered weapons.

It's uniquely an American issue. And one of the most shameful reflections of our culture and history. Others have woken up....we haven't.

And once you study our history, and what's at play in American gun culture...I don't know if we ever will.

In Japan it is absolutely the same situation. No one here (excepting police and yakuza)has even seen a real gun let alone touched or fired one.

People here don't know how to relate to what's happening in America because they absolutely cannot imagine a world with guns.

I have to say it seems to be certain parts of America that are more obsessed with their guns then other parts though.

I mean yes for a time I lived in an area where there were a lot of shootings, but these were used in gang and drug shit. As far as I know in NJ it is really rare to run into NRA nuts who have guns all over their walls when you walk into their home. In fact I cant think of anyone I know that personally owns a gun.

Awhile ago I went to Texas, and that was one of the main culture shock things I thought I was going to see was dudes in cowboys hats walking around with guns strapped to their sides and I was going to feel all uncomfortable and shit. :lol: (In this area of Texas that wasn't something I saw which was good) but many areas of America are like that, and that is totally foreign to me.

People forget this is a HUGE country and we all don't walk lock step with one another. Each state, let alone each town can be a total 180 from the next.