2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

Just reading about the TMZ video that the person who was videoing themselves when it happened actually died too :(

Apparently, no direct link between murderer and IS. He sounded like some roided up moron who just flipped.

Just reading about the TMZ video that the person who was videoing themselves when it happened actually died too :(

Apparently, no direct link between murderer and IS. He sounded like some roided up moron who just flipped.

He called 911 and pledged allegiance to IS during the attack.

Guest eroticerotic

You know guys, I have a cousin who works in the police force in Chicago and i still really can't believe how anti-gun control he is...

This is what he wrote, i want to read your opinion about it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronnie Dunn is right. I hate to make this a political issue, but it's become one. What Obama and Hillary will never understand is that criminals, terrorists, gang bangers, and evil people of all kinds will NEVER turn in their guns. Why? Because evil people don't abide by America's many gun laws. The gun laws of America only prevent law abiding people from purchasing guns. They will never stop evil people from getting guns. How do I know this? Because I live in the most violent city in America- the city of Chicago. And Chicago happens to have the most restrictive guns laws in America bar none. And none of these restrictive gun laws have ever stopped the nightly bloodbath that occurs here. But they sure make it hard on law abiding people like my wife or my family to purchase guns.

Keep in mind that when Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and James Madison were writing the 2nd Amendment, they were staring right at the British Crown. The same British Crown that took away the common people's guns so the British government could impose their will on the British people.

When the British Crown attempted to disarm the American colonists, George Washington made the decision to go to war. And our Nation was born. We went to war over guns, and our right to protect ourselves from over reaching, meniacal, abusive governments. Governments like Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc. The 2nd Amendment is the only thing that protects everybody's 1st Amendment freedoms of speech, religion, press, and assembly. Without the 2nd Amendment, government could trample all over your individual liberties much like in Russia, China, North Korea, and the former British Crown.

The real problem are the two words both Obama and Hillary refuse to even say- Radical islam. If you refuse to even acknowledge the problem, then you will never defeat the problem. Trump was right to call both of them out on this. This guy was an American citizen which makes him even more dangerous because he was already here. However, when both the head of the CIA and the FBI, along with the Director of Homeland Security, and every branch of the military are telling you point blank that it's not a good idea to allow all these Syrian Muslims into America because there's no way to properly identify way them, then Obama and Hillary should listen to them. But they refuse to listen to them in the name of political correctness, thereby endangering the lives of all Americans, and making this country less safe.

This country very much needs to be like Israel. The Israelis have been fighting and defending themselves against radical Islam for decades. They understand the threat in front of them, and are not afraid to confront it, whereas Obama and Hillary want to stick their heads in the sand, and just wish these people will go away.

Here's a newsflash for both of them: They are not going away, and when you try to negotiate with them, they take that as a sign of weakness. They are bullies, and bullies need to be appropriately and professionally dealt with.

And just for the record- do you know what the Boston Bombing, the San Bernardino Massacre, the Fort Hood slayings, and the Orlando terrorist attack all have in common other than radical islam? They were all stopped by American police officers. Not the FBI. The FBI gives press conferences and gathers data. At the end of the day, it will ALWAYS be some lowly copper that will have to confront the evil that is radical islam.

And your president doesn't even bother to show up at National Police Memorial Week. He always chooses to go golfing instead. His utter disdain and condescension of American law enforcement is very obvious.

Just remember- this country went to war over guns when the British Crown tried to disarm the American colonists. This is not about gun control. This is about the evil that is radical islam. And until this country accepts this, we will continue to be in danger.

And you know what the biggest irony of all is? The fact that both Obama and Hillary are surrounded by very brave men and women with guns 24/7/365. Guns are good enough to protect their families, yet the two of them don't want you or your family to have them. How ironic. The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.

I want the two of you, Obama and Hillary, just once, to try and say these words- "radical islam." Just once. See, was that really that hard to do?!@#$%^&?

---------------------------------------------------

Why the need for Obama to mention Radical Islam? The shooter is an American citizen of Afghan descent... It wasn't like he traveled illegally from some MidEast country and plotted an attack... He is a homophobe, plain and simple... and i can smell the hypocrisy of some establishment Republicans "mourning" over this tragedy... I am sure behind closed doors they are celebrating...

I still can't believe how easy it is to buy guns in the US that it's just like a candy bar from a 7/11 or something... such lethal weapons need to be restrictive...

people will probably resist turning in their guns should gun law reform require them to do so. However it does not mean that there shouldn't be stricter laws. I don't understand this whole pro gun agenda. It feels dark, misguided. there is no need to own a machine gun. ?

I also agree we won't find solutions if we don't get to the real problems. But i do not think what he sees as the real problem is the real problem. The real problem is a combination of a whole lot of problems.

anything that does not encourage us to be genuinely sympathetic towards and aware of one another is a problem.

we need more coordination and community.

I understand that gun control is not the only solution, the Democrats aren't claiming it to be, but it helps to check whether you are selling a high powered gun to loonies... an ordinary household doesn't need high powered assault rifles like that...

Tears....

Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, a 30-year-old accountant, sought shelter in the bathroom from where he texted his mom:

Mommy I love you

In the club they shooting

Trapp in the bathroom

Call police

Im gonna die

His mother, Mina Justice, tried to reassure him that she'd called 911 and help was coming:

Calling them now.

U still there?

Answer your phone.

Call me.

Call me.

Justice replied: Call them mommy

Now

Im still in the bathroom

Hes coming

Im going to die

He then went silent. He was among the 49 who didn't make it.

I read about this yesterday. I honestly shed some tears reading that.

Here's a picture of Eddie

article-3638622-3535429000000578-853_308

I feel so bad for him and his Mother as well. I can't imagine how terrified he and all the other victims must have been knowing they were gonna die.

Some of the other victims

article-3638090-3535A32A00000578-181_964

I'm so sad and angry about this.

He called 911 and pledged allegiance to IS during the attack.

Yes, but he wasn't actually in contact with them and part their network. He was just a 'lone wolf' which is probably why he fell through the gaps of being detected.

People are pointing out the the 2nd amendment is about the 'Militia having the right to bear arms' and it doesn't apply to everyone. I wonder if people promoting that could help get the message through for wider gun control.

And who the hell are the NRA anyway? I don't get how they have so much power.

*edit*

The BBC have just shown the video. You can just hear gunfire and see them looking up but nothing else.

The poor woman who was interviewed sobbing and asking if anyone had heard from her son during the attack was just on. She found out today her son and his boyfriend were killed. It's just so sad.

I was watching the pictures of the victims, and now I'm all in tears at work........... My heart is just broken. What the fuck is this world? Is it the place where we want to live?

I was watching the pictures of the victims, and now I'm all in tears at work........... My heart is just broken. What the fuck is this world? Is it the place where we want to live?

Yes, seeing those photo's made me cry...gosh, this is just so terrible!

The world is a scary place sometimes...I have no words.

You know guys, I have a cousin who works in the police force in Chicago and i still really can't believe how anti-gun control he is...

This is what he wrote, i want to read your opinion about it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronnie Dunn is right. I hate to make this a political issue, but it's become one. What Obama and Hillary will never understand is that criminals, terrorists, gang bangers, and evil people of all kinds will NEVER turn in their guns. Why? Because evil people don't abide by America's many gun laws. The gun laws of America only prevent law abiding people from purchasing guns. They will never stop evil people from getting guns. How do I know this? Because I live in the most violent city in America- the city of Chicago. And Chicago happens to have the most restrictive guns laws in America bar none. And none of these restrictive gun laws have ever stopped the nightly bloodbath that occurs here. But they sure make it hard on law abiding people like my wife or my family to purchase guns.

Keep in mind that when Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and James Madison were writing the 2nd Amendment, they were staring right at the British Crown. The same British Crown that took away the common people's guns so the British government could impose their will on the British people.

When the British Crown attempted to disarm the American colonists, George Washington made the decision to go to war. And our Nation was born. We went to war over guns, and our right to protect ourselves from over reaching, meniacal, abusive governments. Governments like Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc. The 2nd Amendment is the only thing that protects everybody's 1st Amendment freedoms of speech, religion, press, and assembly. Without the 2nd Amendment, government could trample all over your individual liberties much like in Russia, China, North Korea, and the former British Crown.

The real problem are the two words both Obama and Hillary refuse to even say- Radical islam. If you refuse to even acknowledge the problem, then you will never defeat the problem. Trump was right to call both of them out on this. This guy was an American citizen which makes him even more dangerous because he was already here. However, when both the head of the CIA and the FBI, along with the Director of Homeland Security, and every branch of the military are telling you point blank that it's not a good idea to allow all these Syrian Muslims into America because there's no way to properly identify way them, then Obama and Hillary should listen to them. But they refuse to listen to them in the name of political correctness, thereby endangering the lives of all Americans, and making this country less safe.

This country very much needs to be like Israel. The Israelis have been fighting and defending themselves against radical Islam for decades. They understand the threat in front of them, and are not afraid to confront it, whereas Obama and Hillary want to stick their heads in the sand, and just wish these people will go away.

Here's a newsflash for both of them: They are not going away, and when you try to negotiate with them, they take that as a sign of weakness. They are bullies, and bullies need to be appropriately and professionally dealt with.

And just for the record- do you know what the Boston Bombing, the San Bernardino Massacre, the Fort Hood slayings, and the Orlando terrorist attack all have in common other than radical islam? They were all stopped by American police officers. Not the FBI. The FBI gives press conferences and gathers data. At the end of the day, it will ALWAYS be some lowly copper that will have to confront the evil that is radical islam.

And your president doesn't even bother to show up at National Police Memorial Week. He always chooses to go golfing instead. His utter disdain and condescension of American law enforcement is very obvious.

Just remember- this country went to war over guns when the British Crown tried to disarm the American colonists. This is not about gun control. This is about the evil that is radical islam. And until this country accepts this, we will continue to be in danger.

And you know what the biggest irony of all is? The fact that both Obama and Hillary are surrounded by very brave men and women with guns 24/7/365. Guns are good enough to protect their families, yet the two of them don't want you or your family to have them. How ironic. The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.

I want the two of you, Obama and Hillary, just once, to try and say these words- "radical islam." Just once. See, was that really that hard to do?!@#$%^&?

---------------------------------------------------

Why the need for Obama to mention Radical Islam? The shooter is an American citizen of Afghan descent... It wasn't like he traveled illegally from some MidEast country and plotted an attack... He is a homophobe, plain and simple... and i can smell the hypocrisy of some establishment Republicans "mourning" over this tragedy... I am sure behind closed doors they are celebrating...

I still can't believe how easy it is to buy guns in the US that it's just like a candy bar from a 7/11 or something... such lethal weapons need to be restrictive...

I know this is your cousin but this is idiotic and this shit is making me angry! Come on Americans!!!!! GET SOMETHING DONE TO STOP THIS SHIT!!!!!!

Why are people saying guns are there to defend yourself?! WERE ANY OF THESE 50 PEOPLE ABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES?! Nobody should take a gun to a nightclub or be expected to in order to protect themselves. IT IS DISGUSTING AND IDIOTIC. I AM SO ANGRY.

:manson:

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/06/13/nra-breaks-silence-after-worst-mass-shooting-us-history-buy-nra-gear-father-s-day/210890

NRA Breaks Silence After Worst Mass Shooting In U.S. History: Buy NRA Gear For Fathers Day

Blog

3 hours 35 min ago

TIMOTHY JOHNSON

While the National Rifle Association has offered no official statement on the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, an NRA social media account just promoted buying NRA brand items as Father's Day gifts.

During the early morning hours of June 12, a gunman attacked a gay nightclub in Orlando, killing 49 people and wounding 53 others before being killed by law enforcement. The number of casualties makes the terror attack the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

As news broke of the shooting, the NRA went silent, as it usually does following high-profile mass shootings, and halted activity on many social media accounts.

Many NRA Twitter accounts, including the official NRA account, have not tweeted since the morning of June 12 or earlier. The website for the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, a place where the NRA has released official statements, has not posted anything new since June 11.

However, American Rifleman, a magazine published by the NRA, promoted buying NRA products for Father's Day in a retweet shortly before 10 AM EST on June 13:

ofqakz.jpg

Last night an NRA News commentator claimed that "Even children aren't short sighted enough to think gun control is a rational response to terrorism."

SERIOUSLY!!! GJDEIJDSFGGHHHHHHHH. What do you guys plan on doing? Stephen you're articulate and a great writer, Hec and the rest of you in NYC must have great connections, Whoop is great with graphics and everybody here feels the same on this issue. Start a petition. Make noise all over social media. Contact celebrities. Start a Youtube campaign. Educate people. If you do it and if I can help in any way I will at the drop of a hat! Encourage change guys!

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/06/13/nra-host-even-children-arent-short-sighted-enough-think-stronger-gun-laws-are-rational-response/210882

NRA Host: "Even Children Aren't Short Sighted Enough To Think Stronger Gun Laws Are A "Rational" Response To The Orlando Massacre

Blog 5 hours 12 min ago TIMOTHY JOHNSON

Colion Noir, the face of the National Rifle Association's media efforts, reacted to the worst mass shooting in United States history by claiming, "Even children aren't short sighted enough to think gun control is a rational response to terrorism."

During the morning of June 12, a gunman wielding an assault weapon killed 50 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando. 53 other people were hospitalized following the attack. The death toll in the shooting has surpassed other infamous mass shootings in the United States, including the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school where 20 children and six educators were killed.

Noir, who is an NRA News commentator and host of the NRA's millennial-geared web series Noir, wrote on Twitter, "Even children aren't short sighted enough to think gun control is a rational response to terrorism. They say make the monster go away."

Following the high-profile murder of two Virginia journalists who were shot to death during a live television broadcast in August 2015, Noir warned the victims' parents not to "become so emotional" in response to the shooting that they would advocate for stronger gun laws.

Imagine chilling with your friends in a nightclub guys and suddenly some nutter runs in with the attempt of slaughtering you in the name of hatred! It's barbaric and needs to be fought against in the most posotive ways!!!! 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

Xavier Rosado died in the massacre. He leaves behind a child and a grieving family. Xavier used to work at Savoy as a bartender and dancer. Many knew him. He is gone.

I feel really empty. I dont know what to hope for when it comes to the issue with guns. I'm scared to hope for anything

Guest Rachelle of London

We're all the way Tottenham Court End/Warren Street and there's crowds up here. Would love to see an aerial shot. Never seen so many people in my life