European super league

Shame on all of these rich European clubs who have no loyalty to fans and history.  Their own fans are devastated and gutted they have been thrown away for greed and money from moguls.  This must not happen as football is supposed to be a sport for everyone to enjoy. 

AC Milan 

Arsenal

Atletico Madrid 

Barcelona 

Chelsea

Inter Milan 

Juventus 

Liverpool 

Manchester City 

Manchester United 

Real Madrid 

Tottenham 

Shame on all of them. 

Interested in the thoughts of their supporters. 

6 hours ago, Lolo said:

I'm super pissed at this. 

Thank god none of the Bundesliga clubs agreed to this. Shameful, greedy and disgusting plan. 

FEDA9771-8F2D-481D-9D40-561BBEFB7931.png

German clubs can hold their heads high for not selling their souls for money. The greedy millionaire owners of the teams that signed up are self serving, money hungry opportunists who don’t care less about fans and supporters.  The backlash is immense and I bet some will pull out. 

What a mess :rotfl: 

Football is so weird. It's all about tv rights and mercenary players who get millions and leave to the enemy in a whim. How so many fans are fooled by this stupid circus is beyond me. 

And what about when a team is bought by some mafia mogul or rich Arab and they use it to laundering money? The team is suddenly full of big players, they win for two years, the rich mafia dude is gone and the team goes back to second league? :lmao:

2 hours ago, ThomasW said:

you mean soccer

:lol:  We always called it Soccer in Australia but my friends from Europe are always horrified !   Football here was always “ Australian Rules” football. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Football is so weird. It's all about tv rights and mercenary players who get millions and leave to the enemy in a whim. How so many fans are fooled by this stupid circus is beyond me. 

And what about when a team is bought by some mafia mogul or rich Arab and they use it to laundering money? The team is suddenly full of big players, they win for two years, the rich mafia dude is gone and the team goes back to second league? :lmao:

The game itself is so huge and enjoyed by so many around the world. People of all age, race, financial brackets so to speak. Seeing it become owned by the wealthy soulless new owners for money is horrible. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The game itself is so huge and enjoyed by so many around the world. People of all age, race, financial brackets so to speak. Seeing it become owned by the wealthy soulless new owners for money is horrible. 

I saw Madonna walking in Southern Cross today

football-soccer controled by mafias and greedy money makers...not a surprise.But with the UEFA, FIFA, or whoever controls the football nowadays, the money is still the most importnat thing. Is really sad. There´s one graffity that I have seen somwehre that says "odio eterno al futbol moderno", eternal hate to modern football

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

In the respective first (Premier) leagues, yes. 

It’s still fun and and fundamental on the lower levels and especially in the regions. There’s also a strong and beloved fan scene with lots of football folklore. The regional and local clubs are such a huge social melting pot, they are so important for the communities, for the children in particular. 

Love how fans, players, ex players, managers and commentators have spoken out and rejected this. Where is the challenge and tradition if only the selected elite powerful clubs will be playing each other for money.  Soccer/football is a sport for everyone.  Not like yachting or polo etc. 

Virtually every sports lover I know in Australia has an international team. Also, all the UK people I know who now live in Australia have strong emotional ties to their football clubs and talk a lot about them. 

When I was a child, I was told to pick a “ soccer team”  to follow internationally. I picked Crystal Palace because I thought the name was magical 😆 So obvious that my father, brother and ex boyfriends  - all sports fanatics. 

9 minutes ago, Lolo said:

In the respective first (Premier) leagues, yes. 

It’s still fun and and fundamental on the lower levels and especially in the regions. There’s also a strong and beloved fan scene with lots of football folklore. The regional and local clubs are such a huge social melting pot, they are so important for the communities, for the children in particular. 

Sounds lovely - how sport should be. 

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

When I was a child, I was told to pick a “ soccer team”  to follow internationally. I picked Crystal Palace because I thought the name was magical 😆 So obvious that my father, brother and ex boyfriends  - all sports fanatics. 

This is weird and cute at the same time. :chuckle: it’s so funny that you had to pick a team. Don’t they always say „You don’t choose a Club, the club chooses you.” But I guess you could say that totally happened when you fell for that name. 😇

5 minutes ago, Lolo said:

This is weird and cute at the same time. :chuckle: it’s so funny that you had to pick a team. Don’t they always say „You don’t choose a Club, the club chooses you.” But I guess you could say that totally happened when you fell for that name. 😇

:lol:  it was a different story with our Aussie Rules footy team.  My Dad just took my brother and I to the football with his family and we automatically barracked for his team - which was Footscray Bulldogs. They changed their name to Western Bulldogs 😞 but are always still Footscray to me. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I don't like football. Never have. My older brother was pretty obsessed with it. He made me pick a team when I was about 8 or 9. I chose Tottenham Hotspur but only because I thought the captain was handsome.  

45 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

I chose Tottenham Hotspur but only because I thought the captain was handsome.

Legit 👌

On another note

A37FF124-E641-4FDB-9C86-15D3677BA923.gif

:lmao: I love when they get caught being cheeky. I wish the gay would come out. There must be so many. It’s one of the last closeted bastions of the so called Western civilization. 

I hope I live to see the day. 

Soccer or football never really quite took off in America.  Baseball I think would be considered the National Pastime here like football is to the rest of the world.  I followed it a lot growing up but overtime it just got boring.  Astronomical payrolls of players and over use of analytics kind of ruined the sport imo.

I'm not an expert at all on football but I'm surprised these owners wouldn't have had their financials all in order if they were gonna go through with this league.  Plus I mean did they not know how poorly this would all be received?  

On 4/21/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

:lol:  it was a different story with our Aussie Rules footy team.  My Dad just took my brother and I to the football with his family and we automatically barracked for his team - which was Footscray Bulldogs. They changed their name to Western Bulldogs 😞 but are always still Footscray to me. 

Good morning