Do You Think Cannabis Should Be Legalized?

In the USA, Canada & elsewhere around the world cannabis laws have been relaxed or even changed over the past few years. Organizations in the USA, like NORML & ASA (Americans For Safe Access) for example are leading the way for the plant to be mainstream as state & federal governments continue changing laws which I believe are (and always have been archaic and wrong). 

What are your thoughts on Cannabis prohibition? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/guide-new-york-legal-marijuana-timeline-stocks-investors%3famp

Of course it should be legalized. It's harmless when compared to other legal drugs (the opioids, tobacco, refined sugar, ALCOHOL). 

The real question is will the countless Black men & women jailed for weed charges be released/ have their sentences vacated?

10 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Yes! and they should make cigarettes illegal. I hate those disgusting  poisonous pointless things!

Yes cannabis should be legalised and, as a recent ex smoker, I’m certainly no fan of tobacco (a horribly insidious drug) but interestingly not seemingly as dangerous as alcohol.

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/24/8094759/alcohol-marijuana

AD4304F1-B6DB-435C-83C3-91B887AC7B50.jpeg 

Guest eroticerotic
3 hours ago, funkydita said:

Yes cannabis should be legalised and, as a recent ex smoker, I’m certainly no fan of tobacco (a horribly insidious drug) but interestingly not seemingly as dangerous as alcohol.

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/24/8094759/alcohol-marijuana

AD4304F1-B6DB-435C-83C3-91B887AC7B50.jpeg 

I kinda feel the same about booze

However there are some “health benefits in it”

even tho I personally  don’t think ill drink again  

life is just much better coherent lol

10 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

I kinda feel the same about booze

However there are some “health benefits in it”

even tho I personally  don’t think ill drink again  

life is just much better coherent lol

Based on the evidence, I’m considering moving from a glass of red wine with food to crack (I’m not).

Yes, though I m not convinced its entirely safe for CERTAIN people. I think it could probably affect your psychic if consumed regularly - I m not sure thats the reason for a friend of mine, but I highly suspect it. Having said that, alcohol in huge amounts or cigarettes is as dangerous as marihuana or as many said before me - maybe even more. In an evolved/developed society, one must be allowed to make informed choices, including smoking weed. I find it ABSURD that one would have to go to jail for smoking weed.

Of course. In fact, I say legalize it all. End the "Drug War".

On 4/6/2021 at 4:48 PM, IsaacHarris said:

The real question is will the countless Black men & women jailed for weed charges be released/ have their sentences vacated?

THIS.

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Of course. In fact, I say legalize it all. End the "Drug War".

What a JOKE that turned out to be, as if harsher sentences could deter folks from doing drugs! I can safely say that the war on drugs is over... and the drugs won :lmao:

7 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

What a JOKE that turned out to be, as if harsher sentences could deter folks from doing drugs! I can safely say that the war on drugs is over... and the drugs won :lmao:

BOOM. 

The "War on Drugs" was a total:flop:.

I've always found it hilarious that alcohol was "okay" (despite thousands being killed yearly thanks to drunk drivers) but weed has always been satanic or some shit :chuckle: at least that's how conservatives view it.

If course it should be legalized. I’m not a fan personally, but overall I don’t see the harm. It’s certainly not worse than alcohol and has a lot of medical benefits. 

But I’m strictly against legalizing coke, heroin and Amphetamins, which is a point people want to make along the lines of the never ending debate about drugs in general. I really think you need to protect people from these kinds of drugs. 

Sure.  

Call me a prude but I don't use it/never have.  But more or less I think along the lines of as long as you're not doing harm to somebody somehow all's good.  Plus legalizing certain drugs I think can take way some of the appeal to teenagers.  Like look I'm just doing this to look cool kind of thing