Biden / U.S. Politics thread

Camacho

Even on the original campaign trail, as in back during the days of the primaries, he operated with less gumption and he communicated with less conviction than basically any other major Democratic hopeful. Milquetoast appeal and being the lesser of two evils really shouldn't license someone to become the leader of the free world.

He's nothing but a seat warmer for Trump (or the equivalent) in '24. Complacency will be the downfall (and a DOWNFALL it will be) for progressives in the US

....and seeing as this is her forum, Madonna would do well to push the WE NEED TO WAKE UP mantra rather than deciding on what brand filler she's using next.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Complacency will be the downfall (and a DOWNFALL it will be) for progressives in the US

Yep!! 💯 It's so fucking frustrating to see. Here we are (and by we I mean the Dems) with all three major branches of gov't, a small window in time and we're squandering it. Well, certain members of the party in particular are choosing to hold the whole country hostage based on their own personal interests. The negative impacts this selfishness is having is like a domino effect already. To think, one year ago, we pulled in many independents and "swing" voters and as we see by what happened in VA this week, they've gone bye bye at this point......and I don't blame them a bit. We have one year at this point before Republicans will inevitably take over the House again and I'm betting one year from now, this same conversation where NOTHING has happened will be ongoing. I'd never vote Republican (at least not in their current incarnation....or ANY incarnation I've seen in my lifetime) but this is the type of shit that just makes me not want to vote at all. If we can't do any better than this when we hold the vast majority, then it's helpless and I may just sit out next go round. 

I think there's two big issues driving people over the edge right now: High prices for just about everything and this supply chain disaster. 

These two issues are hitting EVERYONE in just about every way possible. And if Dems were out there acting like they gave a shit about it instead of squabbling with each other over how to spend trillions of tax payers dollars, they may have had a fighting chance. If they can't get these two things under control - or PRETEND like they're trying too - then they're in for an absolute bloodbath next year in the mid terms and might as well just roll the red carpet back out for Trump in '24. 

I agree with @Kurt420, it's all so frustrating that I may just sit this out and wait for the Dems to put forth a true progressive who can get things done. 

Complacency will indeed be the downfall of the Democrats and in doing so also of the American republic. The US constitution will not make it under another Trump term and these enabling psychopaths aka the Republicans. 

Sometimes I think, that’s what people deserve for being so stupid to believe that bipartisanship with this fascist version of the Republican Party could ever lead to something productive. Biden still lives in 1991 when politicians in Congress were able to cross the isle to get the majority in order for a bill to pass. Progressives and Moderates and Conservatives within the Democratic Party enjoy tearing each other a new one when the other side falls in line like good fascists do even though they also disagree with each other at times. 

It’s so frustrating to watch and see the next shit coming because the writing is on the wall in bold letters and nothing will be done to prevent it. Maybe the US really needs to crash hard for permanent changes to finally occur, I don’t know. 

America had it’s chance to truly shake things up and vote in a true progressive who had real policies to help the American people in Bernie Sanders. As different as Trump and the hard right as possible.  If the Democrats don’t stop holding their own party to ransom with stupid petty demands to appear moderate and placate to the Republicans, this could get very ugly. Such a crucial and dangerous time. The world is getting sucked in to right wing grip hold that will last too long with far right press supporting these governments.  The last thing America and the entire world needs is for Trump or his equivalent to sweep back into power. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia

The approval ratings for President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris have reached dismal new lows, according to a stunning, just-released poll.

In a survey published Sunday by USA Today, the president’s approval rating stands at just 38 percent. According to USA Today, that’s the lowest number they’ve ever recorded for a president at this point in his term — with the exception of Biden’s predecessor, Donald Trump. Notably, independents — by a 7-to-1 margin (44% to 6%) — believe that the president has done a worse job than they thought he would.

The vice president fared equally poorly in the new poll. USA Today found that just 28 percent of those surveyed approve of Kamala Harris at the moment. In all, 51 percent disapprove of the vice president’s job performance, and 21 percent are undecided.

The poll was taken Wednesday through Friday — so it does not factor in any bounce the administration may have received from passage of an infrastructure package.

That said, there was little good news to be found for Democrats. If the election were held now, according to the survey, 46 percent would vote for their local Republican Congressional candidate — compared to only 38 percent who say they would back their Democratic option. And only 29 percent approve of Congressional Democrats, compared to 35 percent for their Republican counterparts.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/shock-poll-biden-approval-down-to-38-kamala-harris-support-craters-to-28-percent/

Americans are so fucking stupid. I get the frustration with the current administration but the fact that more would actually vote for the GQP aka The Party Formerly Known As The Republicans if an election were held today is repulsive to me tbh. How quickly we forget......less than 1 yr ago, this was the party that promoted and facilitated a domestic terrorist attack with the intent of overthrowing the certification of legal votes. To this day, I don't think a lot of Americans realize the gravity of that and just how close it came to actually happening AND how if we are in a similar situation in the future, there are now people in place that will do just that (overturn the votes that is) without hesitation. I think many people feel like it was just a thing that happened that day and we should just move along because it's over now. I feel like it's only just begun tbh. 

On 11/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, Kurt420 said:

Americans are so fucking stupid. I get the frustration with the current administration but the fact that more would actually vote for the GQP aka The Party Formerly Known As The Republicans if an election were held today is repulsive to me tbh. How quickly we forget......less than 1 yr ago, this was the party that promoted and facilitated a domestic terrorist attack with the intent of overthrowing the certification of legal votes. To this day, I don't think a lot of Americans realize the gravity of that and just how close it came to actually happening AND how if we are in a similar situation in the future, there are now people in place that will do just that (overturn the votes that is) without hesitation. I think many people feel like it was just a thing that happened that day and we should just move along because it's over now. I feel like it's only just begun tbh. 

I will never understand anyone liking Trump. A stupid, ignorant, repulsive excuse for a leader who hugely lied  consistently and just self promoted constantly.  Was so destructive and deliberately offensive and divisive. He tried to destroy democracy and sadly, it may still happen with all the Trumpsters still around and Fox News and co still at his service. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I will never understand anyone liking Trump. A stupid, ignorant, repulsive excuse for a leader who hugely lied  consistently and just self promoted constantly.  Was so destructive and deliberately offensive and divisive. He tried to destroy democracy and sadly, it may still happen with all the Trumpsters still around and Fox News and co still at his service. 

It’s nice every once in a while to do a complete media detox with no media or music for a few days refreshes your mind 🙂

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Same. Trump will always be the worst leader USA has ever had. However, what has been happening with prices/inflation is not helping Biden especially when Trump made his presidency all about money etc. Biden has to do alot to win back supporters or dissuade Trump lackeys.

Its really BAD when a normal person is in charge and economically things get sour. I wonder if its deliberate and the financially powerful do prefer someone like Trump with his cuts.

3 hours ago, elijah said:

... However, what has been happening with prices/inflation is not helping Biden especially when Trump made his presidency all about money etc. ...

And again, this seems to be rather a US exclusive issue, pinning inflation on the president or the government. Let's face it, inflation in Europe is just as high as in the US, maybe even higher. I have not heard anyone blaming governments for the situation. Calls to take measures to ease the situation, especially for low income citiztens, yes. But no one says, Merkel or Macron caused this situation. I'm sorry, but it becomes more and more obvious that a large part of the U.S. populaton does not understand how the Worlds functions in general and in economics in particular. 

On 11/9/2021 at 11:02 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

I feel like he's just as worshipped as he ever was, it's almost as if his supporters have doubled down in that regard. To them, he's the victim that was robbed off his election win by fraud courtesy of the Democratic party. He's been doing "rallies" for the past year saying as much to everyone that will listen. They strongly believe him too. The Republican party has had many opportunities to completely repudiate him this past year (never mind the past 5 yrs) and have chosen not to. In fact, they perpetuate the lie themselves. It's been repeated over and over and over again for the past year. The damage that causes is immeasurable and the results of which I don't think we've fully seen yet. Truly, there are two completely different versions of reality in the US right now, I don't know how long a society can function that way? 

Bill Maher really broke it down during a segment on his show recently:

Less than a decade ago this type of scenario would've sounded insane and as naive as it may sound, almost impossible for something like that to happen here. Now, it feels like we're on an inevitable crash course toward some sort of insane scenario like he goes over in that video. 

Saw that segment too. And yet all the Dems he asks about this and what they will do to prevent it, they give him non sequitur bullshit answers. It’s frustrating. That’s why I said the Dems still haven’t learned their lesson. Bye Bye Baby Bye Bye. 2022-24 will be the biggest shitshow ever and who knows if the republic will get back from this. 

56 minutes ago, Junior said:

Poor Elon Musk. So sad that billionaires should pay taxes. :manson:

On 11/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, Kurt420 said:

I feel like he's just as worshipped as he ever was, it's almost as if his supporters have doubled down in that regard. To them, he's the victim that was robbed off his election win by fraud courtesy of the Democratic party. He's been doing "rallies" for the past year saying as much to everyone that will listen. They strongly believe him too. The Republican party has had many opportunities to completely repudiate him this past year (never mind the past 5 yrs) and have chosen not to. In fact, they perpetuate the lie themselves. It's been repeated over and over and over again for the past year. The damage that causes is immeasurable and the results of which I don't think we've fully seen yet. Truly, there are two completely different versions of reality in the US right now, I don't know how long a society can function that way? 

Bill Maher really broke it down during a segment on his show recently:

Less than a decade ago this type of scenario would've sounded insane and as naive as it may sound, almost impossible for something like that to happen here. Now, it feels like we're on an inevitable crash course toward some sort of insane scenario like he goes over in that video. 

it is terrifying Kurt. Unbelievable too that so many worship this revolting man too and think he represents them.  

13 hours ago, runa said:

Not sure where to post this, it's not exactly Biden related, more Fox News, but this one is for you, @Junior :rotfl:

How one can be so dumb ?? :lmao:

OMFG

Screw this shit.

In the first German Republic of Weimar in the 1920s, courts were extra hard on sentencing criminals from the political left and were very much blind on the right eye. That’s how Hitler ended up in prison for a few months after committing serious treason. We hopefully all remember what he ended up doing in the 1930s and 40s.
And yet here we are in 2021 and the USA is en route to being a fucking fascist leaning state. 
And what do Democrats do? In-house fighting. Way to go. I’m depressed. Good night. 

5 hours ago, runa said:

I can't believe Kyle Rittenhouse is free to go. That's just insane. 
If the guy was black, he would be sentenced to lifetime jail. If not worse.

Indeed. Not sure that version of Rittenhouse would've made it to trial. Seems just as likely he could've been gunned down by law enforcement that very evening. And fat chance buddy would've been able to post that $2 million bail crowdsourced by people who see murderers as martyrs.

Two Republicans have already offered Rittenhouse congressional internships. That thug can easily go very far politically someday since there are a lot of fucking stupid and monstrous people in this country. :sick: 

Gauche to be sassy at a time like this but Fucker Carlson deserves a punch to that prissy moue he's always sporting, to say nothing of the permanently furrowed brow as though he were deep in thought on his way to the truth while struggling to string together sentences with his two brain cells, the pair rarely on speaking terms. What filth!

TV6WES5ETRBCVKMO4TIQIJKJ7E.png&w=916

Remember when that jerk was hanging out with members of the white supremacist group Proud Boys, doing supremacist signs for pictures and wearing a "Free as Fuck" t-shirt?