Ted Cruz - while Texas freezes, he holidays

Jazzy Jan

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Barbie,  I am positive @GOD is pulling your leg.  I bet he can't stand Ted Cruz in reality. 

I picked up on that :lol: that he was probably trolling. But I was bored and went along with it :lol:

• 7 months later...

So proud of Northern Territory Chief Minister Michael Gunner who put Ted Cruz firmly back in his ignorant box.   Seriously,  sick of Texas and Florida politicians continually trying to portray Australia as some prison etc.   It is laughable.  Australia is nothing like Texas anyway.  We have strict gun control laws,  woman are free to have terminations and we have universal health care.   We have the majority of people vaccinated and a small death rate from covid.  Much different to how Texas government runs things. 

NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner spars with Texas Senator Ted Cruz over vaccine mandate

American politician Ted Cruz had a go at Australia’s handling of the Covid pandemic. Today one of our own politicians fired back.

Chief Minister Michael Gunner has hit out at a controversial US politician who bashed the introduction of the Northern Territory’s wide-ranging Covid vaccine mandate.

Last week Texas Senator Ted Cruz, a Republican, criticised the Australian government’s handling of the pandemic, labelling it “disgraceful and sad” in a scathing post.

He shared a video footage of a press conference from Mr Gunner, in which the Chief Minister announced fines for people who didn’t comply with tough vaccine rules.

“I love the Aussies. Their history of rugged independence is legendary; I’ve always said Australia is the Texas of the Pacific,” Mr Cruz said.

“The Covid tyranny of their current government is disgraceful and sad. Individual liberty matters. I stand with the people of Australia.”

His post attracted a massive response online, and on Monday Mr Gunner joined in, defending his approach to Covid.

“Hey Ted Cruz, g’day from the Northern Territory in Australia. Here are some facts. Nearly 70,000 Texans have tragically died from Covid. There have been zero deaths in the Territory. Did you know that?” he wrote.

He went on to spell out that vaccination was key to the protection of vulnerable Aboriginal people who belonged to “the oldest continuous living culture on the planet”.

“We’ve done whatever it takes to protect the Territory. That’s kept us safe AND free. We have been in lockdown for just eight days in 18 months. Our businesses and schools are all open. Did you know that?” he said.

“We don’t need your lectures, thanks mate. You know nothing about us. And if you stand against a lifesaving vaccine, then you sure as hell don’t stand with Australia.

“I love Texas (go Longhorns), but when it comes to Covid, I’m glad we are nothing like you.”

Some of the US of A make me so angry. Especially since we (the western civilization) looked up to them for decades. It’s just all so frustrating. The amount of stupidity and entitlement… :nocomment:

• 7 months later...

Bumping this thread to yet again highlight how revolting, stupid and cowardly this excuse for a man is.  How on earth can anyone support or vote for him ?  He cares more about guns than children.  He disgusts me. 

Ted Cruz angrily quits interview after being confronted about gun control

The Texas Republican senator Ted Cruz confronted a British reporter and angrily left an interview after he was asked why school shootings like that in Uvalde, where 19 children and two adults were killed, happen so often in the US.

“I’m sorry you think American exceptionalism is awful,” Cruz said. “You’ve got your political agenda. God love you.”

On Thursday, the news site Axios published a list of the leading recipients of gun lobby donations in the current Congress.

Cruz was clear at the top, with $442,000 donated to campaign organisations or political action committees.

Axios noted: “The figures are much higher if you count indirect contributions, like the NRA’s purchase of attack ads against opponents.”

On Tuesday morning in Uvalde, an 18-year-old shot his grandmother then entered Robb elementary school and barricaded himself in a classroom.

After about 40 minutes, during which parents implored police to charge and tackle the gunman, the assailant was killed by a Swat team.

On Wednesday Cruz spoke to Mark Stone, US correspondent for Sky News, at a vigil in Uvalde.

“There are 19 sets of parents who are never gonna get to kiss their child goodnight,” Cruz said.

Stone asked: “Is this the moment to reform gun laws?”

Cruz said: “You know, it’s easy to go to politics.”

“But it’s important,” Stone said. “It’s at the heart of the issue.”

“I get that that’s where the media likes to go,” Cruz said.

Stone said many people at the vigil wanted gun reform. National polling consistently shows large majorities in support of such reform.

Cruz said reform proposals came from “Democrats and the media, inevitably, when some violent psychopath murders people”.

Stone pointed out that the 18-year-old gunman in Uvalde was a “violent psychopath who’s able to get a weapon so easily … two AR-15” assault rifles.

Cruz said: “If you want to stop violent crime, the proposals the Democrats have, none of them would have stopped this.”

Stone said: “Many people around the world just cannot fathom, ‘Why only in America? Why is this American exceptionalism so awful?’”

Cruz said: “You know, I’m sorry you think American exceptionalism is awful.”

Stone said he thought “this aspect of it” was awful.

“You’ve got your political agenda,” Cruz said, putting his hands on the reporter’s shoulders, saying “God love you” and walking away.

Stone and another reporter pursued, asking, “I just want to understand why you do not think that guns are the problem in America” and “Why is America the only country that makes this kind of mass shooting?”

Stone said: “You can’t answer that, can you, sir?”

Cruz turned. Leaning close to the reporter and jabbing his finger, he said: “Why is it that people come from all over the world to America? Because it’s the freest, most prosperous, safest country on earth.

“And save me the propaganda.”

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2022 at 2:48 PM, LSD said:

What a dangerous dreadful and stupid man. Another American conservative who loves to sprout about America's history as being great despite so many atrocities.  His nation's history used to keep slaves and burn woman alive for being so called witches.  Why so many religious Americans hold on to their outdated and cruel history as some kind of beacon of truth and goodness is obscene.