QAnon in crisis after Biden’s inauguration failed to bring ‘storm’

Camacho

2 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I never cease to be amazed by the depths of stupidity in our country. It's like, "How much worse can it get?" I don't even want to find out.

It is staggering and frightening. So many crazy conspiracy theorists everywhere. I know a few as were once my colleagues. They get crazier and crazier too with their beliefs. Rational thinking is lost to them.  

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

And what do they think after none of their theories happen? 

From what I've seen they assume they read the signs incorrectly and move on to the next crazy theory.

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

And what do they think after none of their theories happen? 

It's quite astounding but most just move on to the next "prophecy." I am sure some of the QAnon followers get frustrated when these things don't come true (i.e. Trump being reinstated as President in August), but on the whole, they just move like mindless husks to the next proclamation. It's unnerving to think that 56% of Republicans believe QAnon is partially or completely true. That's not an insignificant number.

Not to sound like an alarmist, but something like Nazi Germany could definitely happen in the U.S. if this continues abated. I actually have people in my own family now who believe the Democratic party is controlled by Satan and that they should prepare for war. It's like something out of the Twilight Zone.

In the more extreme cases (... all of them?!), they honestly think Trump is anointed. It's all become interwoven with the longest-standing tenets of these followers' shared worldview - their faith, essentially - so throwing in the towel, at this point, would take deconstructing entire belief systems. Ignoring the cornerstones of reality seems to be the order of the day.

It's aggravating because it's a populist movement, I guess, in that a lot of these people are probably hurting due to shortages of money and prospects. Well, tough shit. Maybe they could start by not decrying policymakers who might actually seek to improve their lots in life beyond the micro level.

Although QAnon is an american phanomenon it is pretty scary that this kind of "cult" exists in other parts of the world as well. In Brazil for example one part of Bolsonaro's followers also falls into this category (one big part of his followers are radical-evangelical). They believe Bolsonaro was sent by God, is anointed and will help Brazil to become a "state of God". The fact that his second name is Messias (Messiah) is one of the signs for them. They also have prophecies and this kind of thinking. Bolsonaro knows that and keeps feeding them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...