*FLUSHED* Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

horn

5 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

Yes, the world was actually more peaceful when the US was under Trump. Now with war-mongering politicians are back, the world better get ready again to have wars sprouting where the US can sell arms... Trump was an outsider from the very start. Even old school Republican politicians hated him back in 2016, that's why some turned in 2020. These old school politicians are the evil ones. They will connive with corporate America to fatten their bank accounts at the expense of its citizens. Americans just lost a president who actually cared more about their welfare than outsiders. 

I guess civil war is not war, then, :rotfl:

Wow, so much bull in just a few sentences.

13 hours ago, runa said:

I guess civil war is not war, then, :rotfl:

Wow, so much bull in just a few sentences.

The most American lives ever lost in a war was in the civil war. All for the disgusting cause of the rights of rich land owners to have slaves. 😡 Civil wars are usually more damaging than world wars and so senseless. Takes so long to heal too and tears a country apart from within. 

Today

MSNBC: Senate rejects Sen. Paul's motion to declare fmr. Pres. Trump's impeachment trial unconstitutional, in 55-45 vote. The 5 Republicans senators who voted with Democrats to proceed with the trial were Sens. Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Sasse, and Toomey, @GarrettHaake reports.

:1251: 

Trump meets with McCarthy, agrees to help Republicans take back the House
29 Jan 2021 07:14AM | Steve Holland

WASHINGTON: Former President Donald Trump had a fence-mending meeting with US House of Representatives Republican leader Kevin McCarthy on Thursday (Jan 28) in which Trump promised to help the party take back the chamber in 2022 congressional elections.

The meeting came three weeks after McCarthy enraged Trump by saying the then-outgoing president bore responsibility for the deadly Jan 6 riot at the US Capitol by Trump supporters.

Trump and McCarthy met at the former president's Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida, where Trump now lives since leaving the White House on Jan 20 under a cloud of controversy.

Trump had privately vented about McCarthy to his advisers after the California Republican said Trump was responsible for the Capitol siege in which five people died, a source familiar with the situation said. McCarthy later backtracked, saying he did not believe Trump had provoked the assault. :rolleyes: 

Trump faces a US Senate trial next month after the House impeached him on Jan 13 on a charge of inciting insurrection stemming from his incendiary speech to supporters before they stormed the Capitol. He has falsely claimed that the Nov 3 election he lost to Democrat Joe Biden was "rigged".

Advisers say Trump has talked recently about forming an alternative to the Republican Party, the Patriot Party, which could have disastrous effects for Republicans in elections to come if it were to happen.

But a statement issued by Trump's "Save America PAC" about the Trump-McCarthy meeting suggested Trump had set aside for now the idea of forming a new party. It said they focused on the goal of Republicans taking control of the House in the 2022 elections.

"President Trump has agreed to work with Leader McCarthy on helping the Republican Party to become a majority in the House," Save America said in a statement.

It added that the meeting "was a very good and cordial one".

Republicans picked up House seats in last November's election, reducing Democrats' majority in the chamber to a 221-211 margin.

McCarthy said in a statement that Trump had committed to electing Republicans in the House and Senate in 2022 and criticised Democrats for "impeaching a president who is now a private citizen".

“A united conservative movement will strengthen the bonds of our citizens and uphold the freedoms our country was founded on," he said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mccarthy-idUSKBN29X2TS

Trump is over. Why do they still feel the need to blindly suck up to him at every turn? :wacko:

Wyoming GOP censures Liz Cheney over Trump impeachment vote

Cheney in a statement after the vote said she remained honored to represent Wyoming and will always fight for issues that matter most to the state.

The Associated Press

Feb. 6, 2021, 5:35 PM EST

RAWLINS, Wyo. — The Wyoming Republican Party voted overwhelmingly Saturday to censure U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney for voting to impeach former President Donald Trump for his role in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Only eight of the 74-member state GOP’s central committee stood to oppose censure in a vote that didn’t proceed to a formal count. The censure document accused Cheney of voting to impeach even though the U.S. House didn’t offer Trump “formal hearing or due process.”

“We need to honor President Trump. All President Trump did was call for a peaceful assembly and protest for a fair and audited election,” said Darin Smith, a Cheyenne attorney who lost to Cheney in the Republican U.S. House primary in 2016. “The Republican Party needs to put her on notice.”

Added Joey Correnti, GOP chairman in Carbon County where the censure vote was held: “Does the voice of the people matter and if it does, does it only matter at the ballot box?”

Cheney in a statement after the vote said she remained honored to represent Wyoming and will always fight for issues that matter most to the state.

“Foremost among these is the defense of our Constitution and the freedoms it guarantees. My vote to impeach was compelled by the oath I swore to the Constitution,” Cheney said.

Republican officials said they invited Cheney but she didn’t attend. An empty chair labeled “Representative Cheney” sat at the front of the meeting room.

The censure vote was the latest blowback for Cheney for joining nine Republican representatives and all Democrats in the U.S. House in the Jan. 13 impeachment vote. Just three months after winning a third term with almost 70 percent, Cheney already faces at least two Republican primary opponents in 2022.

They include Republican state Sen. Anthony Bouchard, a gun-rights activist from Cheyenne, who was at the meeting but not among those who spoke. Smith also has said he is deliberating whether to run for Congress again.

On Jan. 28, Republican U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz, of Florida, led a rally against Cheney in front of the Wyoming Capitol. About 1,000 people took part, many of them carrying signs calling for Cheney’s impeachment though several were supportive.

Cheney will remain as the third-ranking member of the House GOP leadership, however, after a 145-61 vote by House Republicans on Wednesday to keep her as conference committee chair.

Trump faces trial in the U.S. Senate on Tuesday over allegedly inciting insurrection when a mob of supporters stormed into and rampaged through the Capitol after a nearby rally led by Trump and close allies.

Censure opponents mainly came from Casper, Wyoming’s second-largest city, and the Jackson Hole area near Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks.

“Let’s resist this infusion of left-wing cancel culture to try to censure and get rid of anybody we disagree with,” said Alexander Muromcew with the Teton County GOP.

Momentum for censure had been growing for weeks as local Republicans in around a dozen of Wyoming’s 23 counties passed their own resolutions criticizing her impeachment vote.

12 hours ago, Junior said:

The Senate impeachment trial began today. It’s very unlikely they’ll get the 67 votes needed to impeach him but at least he will get more public humiliation.

Which means he will be back 4 years later :rolleyes: FUCK those Republicunts.

17 hours ago, Junior said:

Nothing would make me happier than seeing this vile man be convicted by the senate, because it's the right thing to do and every single person, including republican leadership, know he is solely responsible for everything that led up to what happened. It was 4 years of conspiracy theories, lies and scaremongering. 

However, I honestly don't think he said anything that's incriminating during the speech, and unfortunately he will not be convicted. Some people think he's an idiot. I think he's an evil, narcissistic genius who knew exactly what to say and do over the 4 years of his presidency to make a mockery of the US, while being extremely careful not to cross any lines that would actually ever get him convicted of anything.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

NY TIMES: Minutes after voting to acquit Donald Trump, Senator Mitch McConnell berated the former president in a speech for what he called a “disgraceful dereliction of duty,” pinning responsibility for last month’s Capitol assault directly on Trump.

49 minutes ago, Junior said:

NY TIMES: Minutes after voting to acquit Donald Trump, Senator Mitch McConnell berated the former president in a speech for what he called a “disgraceful dereliction of duty,” pinning responsibility for last month’s Capitol assault directly on Trump.

Nancy Pelosi called him out brilliantly. He knows Trump is guilty but he and the cowardly Republicans were too scared to take him out for good - due to looking after their careers and fear of Trump’s feral base.  Pathetic 

11 hours ago, Junior said:

Bitch, make up your mind! :| 

Poor Dr.Fauci... :rolleyes: 

Dr Fauci says Trump did ‘terrible things’ to him and now has to live under armed security
The doctor said he has been living under the protection of armed security since last April
Graig Graziosi | 19 hours ago

Donald Trump would do "terrible things" anytime Dr Anthony Fauci disagreed with him publicly, the doctor revealed in a recently released interview.

The Mr Trump's antagonistic behaviour towards Dr Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, inspired his supporters to do the same. Now, Dr Fauci has to live under the care of armed guards since last April.

During an interview with The Telegraph, Dr Fauci - who became a household name thanks to his press conference appearances in the early days of the coronavirus's spread throughout the US, often times looking dismayed by Mr Trump's comments - said the former president was vindictive and used his loyalists in other government offices to undermine him.

“Like he allowed [White House trade adviser] Peter Navarro to write an editorial in USA Today saying that almost everything I’ve ever said was wrong,” the doctor said. “He allowed the communications department of the White House to send out a list to all of the media, all of the networks, all of the cables, all of the print press, about all of the mistakes I’ve made, which was absolute nonsense because there were no mistakes.”

Eventually, Mr Trump sidelined Dr Fauci, barring him from further public appearances, and replaced him with Dr Scott Atlas, who was loyal to the president.

Mr Atlas had no expertise in infectious diseases and often parroted whatever talking point Mr Trump was pushing at the time.

Dr Fauci - who has worked with six presidents - said Mr Trump was not the first president he struggled to work alongside.

In the 1980's, Dr Fauci was serving under former President Ronald Reagan, and recalled the Republican's reluctance to take the AIDS crisis ravaging the LBGT community seriously. :rolleyes: 

Even still, Dr Fauci felt his relationship with that president was significantly better than the one he shared with Mr Trump, claiming Mr Reagan "never did anything to obstruct what I was trying to do."

He said Mr Trump's reliance on bunk "science" and insistence on repeating conspiracy theories directly undermined his attempts to let facts guide the country's coronavirus response.

“I was trying to let science guide our policy, but [Mr Trump] was putting as much stock in anecdotal things that turned out not to be true as he was in what scientists like myself were saying,” Dr Fauci said. “That caused unnecessary and uncomfortable conflict where I had to essentially correct what he was saying, and put me at great odds with his people.”

Mr Trump became fed up with Dr Fauci questioning and correcting him, and disparaged him both privately and publicly.

“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots,” Mr Trump said during a call with his staffers last year. “Fauci is a disaster.

The president also complained about the positive media attention Dr Fauci received.

Near the end of his time in office, Mr Trump - who was still convinced he would have a second term - openly pondered firing Dr Fauci.

“Now I actually want to go a step farther, but I realize the president is a kind-hearted man and a good man :rolleyes: ,” Mr Bannon said. “I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England, I’d put the heads on pikes, right, I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you’re gone – time to stop playing games.”

Dr Fauci called the comments "very unusual."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/dr-fauci-trump-terrible-things-b1804862.html

p2tb.jpg.729a9a7f610ab672e7cac6dafdca560

Trump to claim total control of GOP
Mike Allen | 20 hours ago - Politics & Policy

1613989830992.jpg

In his first post-presidential appearance, Donald Trump plans to send the message next weekend that he is Republicans' "presumptive 2024 nominee" with a vise grip on the party's base, top Trump allies tell Axios.

What to watch: A longtime adviser called Trump's speech a "show of force," and said the message will be: "I may not have Twitter or the Oval Office, but I'm still in charge." Payback is his chief obsession.

Axios has learned that Trump advisers will meet with him at Mar-a-Lago this week to plan his next political moves, and to set up the machinery for kingmaking in the 2022 midterms.

• Trump is expected to stoke primary challenges for some of those who have crossed him, and shower money and endorsements on the Trumpiest candidates.
  • State-level officials, fresh off censuring Trump critics, stand ready to back him up.

Why it matters: Trump's speech Sunday at CPAC in Orlando is designed to show that he controls the party, whether or not he runs in 2024.

• His advisers argue that his power within the GOP runs deeper and broader than ever, and that no force can temper him.
  • "Trump effectively is the Republican Party," Trump senior adviser Jason Miller told me. "The only chasm is between Beltway insiders and grassroots Republicans around the country. When you attack President Trump, you're attacking the Republican grassroots."

The big picture: The few Republicans who have spoken ill of Trump since the election — including House members who voted to impeach him, and senators who voted to convict — have found themselves censured, challenged and vilified by the parties in their home states.

What's next: Trump's leadership PAC, Save America, has $75 million on hand, and he has a database of tens of millions of names.

The long game: Many Trump confidants think he'll pretend to run but ultimately pass. He knows the possibility — or threat — gives him leverage and attention.

A Trump source said some Republicans have told him: "If you endorse me, I'll run."

• But advisers say that's not how it'll work. This week's meeting will aim to tap the brakes.
  • Instead, Trump is going to set up a formal process for vetting potential endorsees, including a requirement that they raise money and put together an organization.

What we're watching: Trump plans to argue in the CPAC speech that many of his predictions about President Biden have already come true.

• Look for Trump to lay into "the swamp" and Beltway insiders in a big way.
  • The Trump source said: "Much like 2016, we’re taking on Washington again."

https://www.axios.com/trump-2024-republican-party-cpac-b687bd9f-6702-47cb-b1ac-d112deb23880.html

WASHINGTON — President Donald J. Trump was sicker with Covid-19 in October than publicly acknowledged at the time, with extremely depressed blood oxygen levels at one point and a lung problem associated with pneumonia caused by the coronavirus, according to four people familiar with his condition.

His prognosis became so worrisome before he was taken to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center that officials believed he would need to be put on a ventilator, two of the people familiar with his condition said.

You would think that being on the verge of death would humble someone and encourage them to change their ways, but Trump seems to be nastier than ever.