*FLUSHED* Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

horn

American members - do you feel that those in the USA who supported Trump previously are finally getting the message of how destructive and dangerous he is ?  Or are they excusing him again and trying to shift the blame   ? 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

American members - do you feel that those in the USA who supported Trump previously are finally getting the message of how destructive and dangerous he is ?  Or are they excusing him again and trying to shift the blame   ? 

I feel like the ones that switched from Trump to Biden in 2020 get it. From what I see though, the ones that supported him in 2020, even despite the Capitol attack still support him. His most ardent of supporters seem to have doubled down and love him more than ever. The more I see and read, it seems they TRULY believe he's some sort of savior sent to start a revolution. It's utterly terrifying to me. 

With that said, I personally do not know many Trump supporters.....the ones I do know, I've distanced myself from these past few months especially. I will say, I talked to a friend of mine the night the election was called, a long time friend of nearly 20 yrs and it's like a different person now. It's so very sad and disturbing to me. This is a person that voted for Obama both times and even prior to that was always a very sensible person. She has totally drank the Kool Aid now though.....an aunt of mine is the same way. Completely unrecognizable from the woman she used to be.

7 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I feel like the ones that switched from Trump to Biden in 2020 get it. From what I see though, the ones that supported him in 2020, even despite the Capitol attack still support him. His most ardent of supporters seem to have doubled down and love him more than ever. The more I see and read, it seems they TRULY believe he's some sort of savior sent to start a revolution. It's utterly terrifying to me. 

With that said, I personally do not know many Trump supporters.....the ones I do know, I've distanced myself from these past few months especially. I will say, I talked to a friend of mine the night the election was called, a long time friend of nearly 20 yrs and it's like a different person now. It's so very sad and disturbing to me. This is a person that voted for Obama both times and even prior to that was always a very sensible person. She has totally drank the Kool Aid now though.....an aunt of mine is the same way. Completely unrecognizable from the woman she used to be.

Sorry about that Kurt 😥 it is awful to see people change like that. It is the same with once intelligent, lovely and principled people I know who are now full blown conspiracy theorists who now support Trump totally.  It is like being in a scary alternative universe. You expect Trump devotion from some but when it is people you once thought a lot of,  to hear their crazy reasoning for supporting a man that you know they once would have been repulsed by is horrible and baffling. 

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Sorry about that Kurt 😥 it is awful to see people change like that. It is the same with once intelligent, lovely and principled people I know who are now full blown conspiracy theorists who now support Trump totally.  It is like being in a scary alternative universe. You expect Trump devotion from some but when it is people you once thought a lot of,  to hear their crazy reasoning for supporting a man that you know they once would have been repulsed by is horrible and baffling. 

Thank you Jazzy! Likewise to you! Like you say, it is horrible to see those you care for that were once "normal" become completely brainwashed and live in an alternate reality. I find it baffling that even you, experience this and you're basically a world away from me. How one earth do Aussies get on board with this? Seems to be such the antithesis of the great things I hear about Oz. Not suggesting that it's reflection of the majority of the people there but still, just bizarre that Trump's cult-like pull really does span across the world.

I try to be an optimistic person for the most part but I just don't know where we go from here. How do you convince practically half of the country that an election they STRONGLY feel was stolen, was completely legit? If 60+ state court cases thrown out (many by Trump appointed judges), Attorney General, head of Cyber Securities and 2 Supreme Court rejections don't convince them, then I don't think anything can. 

I'm very happy Joe/Kamala are going to be at the helm in less than a week now but I absolutely do NOT envy them in any way. They have a long, hard, dare I say almost impossible task ahead of them.

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Thank you Jazzy! Likewise to you! Like you say, it is horrible to see those you care for that were once "normal" become completely brainwashed and live in an alternate reality. I find it baffling that even you, experience this and you're basically a world away from me. How one earth do Aussies get on board with this? Seems to be such the antithesis of the great things I hear about Oz. Not suggesting that it's reflection of the majority of the people there but still, just bizarre that Trump's cult-like pull really does span across the world.

I try to be an optimistic person for the most part but I just don't know where we go from here. How do you convince practically half of the country that an election they STRONGLY feel was stolen, was completely legit? If 60+ state court cases thrown out (many by Trump appointed judges), Attorney General, head of Cyber Securities and 2 Supreme Court rejections don't convince them, then I don't think anything can. 

I'm very happy Joe/Kamala are going to be at the helm in less than a week now but I absolutely do NOT envy them in any way. They have a long, hard, dare I say almost impossible task ahead of them.

Kurt, there are 2 groups of people that love Trump in Australia ( most Australians are disgusted in him ) 

group 1 - the racist right wing element who also love Pauline Hanson. Luckily in the minority. 

group 2 - hard core conspiracy theorists who are so far down the rabbit hole. Because Trump embraces conspiracy theories and actively and deliberately promotes them, they side with him. These are the people I am more shocked with as once they would have hated Trump. 

4 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

This is the reason why it is not enough to go after the orange cunt alone. The whole family needs to be dragged through town so that nobody else has a chance to hold office ever again. Disgusting people. 

Agree. The cult of Trump includes his horrible children and their spouses. America needs to cleanse them all from politics. Sickening family 

On 1/16/2021 at 8:46 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Kurt, there are 2 groups of people that love Trump in Australia ( most Australians are disgusted in him ) 

group 1 - the racist right wing element who also love Pauline Hanson. Luckily in the minority. 

group 2 - hard core conspiracy theorists who are so far down the rabbit hole. Because Trump embraces conspiracy theories and actively and deliberately promotes them, they side with him. These are the people I am more shocked with as once they would have hated Trump. 

I think literally no one loves him here. Even the right wingers were embarrassed when he got elected.. I remember a memo leaked back in the day saying they should avoid talking about Trump cuz it would reflect poorly on them :rotfl:even my aunt Linda who is carnie folk and travels the BeNeLux with her entourage to work on fairgrounds thinks Donald Trump is that crazy orange man from the memes. 

20 hours ago, acko said:

I think literally no one loves him here. Even the right wingers were embarrassed when he got elected.. I remember a memo leaked back in the day saying they should avoid talking about Trump cuz it would reflect poorly on them :rotfl:even my aunt Linda who is carnie folk and travels the BeNeLux with her entourage to work on fairgrounds thinks Donald Trump is that crazy orange man from the memes. 

Acko, does Trump lover Rupert Murdoch own any of your media in Belgium ? His right wing puppet reporters in his papers here and on his Sky news pay tv channel have always supported Trump. 

12 hours ago, Junior said:

Pathetic that they still cling on to Trump

Lindsay Graham is a pathetic weasel 

:wacko:

Trump approval remains stable in new NBC poll, with Republicans unmoved after Capitol violence

Eighty-seven percent of Republicans approve of how Trump is doing his job in a new NBC News poll, but half of all voters say he is "definitely worse than most" presidents.

Carrie Dann is a political editor for NBC News.

Jan. 17, 2021, 2:00 PM UTC

210115-donald-trump-ew-104p_7814b7fac5a9

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump is the only president in history to be impeached twice— this time for his role in encouraging a deadly assault on the Capitol by his supporters — but he is poised to leave office with a job approval rating that is fairly typical of his entire time in office.

A new NBC News poll found that 43 percent of voters nationwide gave Trump a positive job approval rating, just barely down from 45 percent who said the same before the November election and the 44 percent who approved of his performance shortly after he took office in 2017.

The same poll found that 35 percent of voters — including 74 percent of Republicans but just 30 percent of independents and 3 percent of Democrats — believe President-elect Joe Biden did not win the election legitimately.

Sixty-one percent of all voters — but just 21 percent of Republicans — say Biden did win legitimately.

While a record 10 House Republicans broke ranks to vote for Trump's impeachment last week, his approval rating among Republicans shows few signs that GOP voters are widely disillusioned with him.

Almost 9 in 10 Republicans — 87 percent — give Trump a thumbs-up, compared with 89 percent who said the same before the November election.

And even for the half of Republicans who say they prioritize the GOP in general over allegiance to Trump, his high approval remains unmoved by recent events.

Among Republicans who say their primary loyalty is to Trump over the party, 98 percent approve of his performance. For those who say they prioritize the party over the president, his approval still stands at 81 percent — virtually unchanged from October. (The findings contrast with some other recent national polls showing Trump's job rating lower. Unlike other surveys that sampled all U.S. adults, NBC News' poll surveyed registered voters.)

In the NBC News survey, nearly a third of GOP voters surveyed — 28 percent — said Trump's words and actions related to the violence at the Capitol reinforced their vote for Trump.

Just 5 percent said they now regretted their support for him, and two-thirds — 66 percent — said their feelings had not changed.

While 52 percent of voters overall say Trump is solely or mainly responsible for the protests that led to rioters' overtaking the Capitol, including 91 percent of Democrats and 44 percent of independents, just 11 percent of Republicans agree. (About half of Republicans, however, place responsibility on "social media companies" and "Antifa.")

"While a few Republican elected officials have broken with Trump, Republican voters are sticking with him for now," said Democratic pollster Jeff Horwitt of Hart Research, who conducted the poll with Republican pollster Bill McInturff of Public Opinion Strategies. "As we've seen over the course of his term, major event after major event does little to shake Trump's standing with Republicans."

Trump's standing among those outside the GOP remains similarly unchanged. He gets a positive job assessment from 44 percent of independents and just 5 percent of Democrats in the latest poll, shares that are also nearly identical to those in pre-election surveys.

Previous NBC News polling has, indeed, found Trump's approval among voters to be remarkably stable despite his tumultuous presidency, fluctuating only between a high of 47 percent and a low of 38 percent.

The latter rating came in late 2017, after Trump was widely criticized for his response to violence after a gathering of white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Half of voters call Trump 'worst than most' presidents

About half of the electorate — 49 percent of voters — ranks Trump as "definitely worse than most" presidents, a share recently rivaled only by the 48 percent who said the same of the departing President George W. Bush in late 2008.

An additional 9 percent say Trump is "not as good as most."

Forty percent of voters rank Trump as either "one of the very best" presidents (19 percent) or "better than most" (21 percent). That's significantly lower than majorities who gave above-average reviews to Bill Clinton (56 percent) or Barack Obama (55 percent) when they left office.

But Trump's lukewarm review still doubles the 20 percent of voters who gave Bush an above-average ranking when he departed the White House in 2009.

Trump's legacy, like views of his performance throughout his presidency, is defined by hard partisan lines.

Those viewing his presidency as "better than most" or "one of the best" include 82 percent of Republicans but just 40 percent of independents and just 4 percent of Democrats.

When Obama and Clinton exited office while enjoying relatively high approval ratings, a higher share of those in the opposite party — 20 percent and 27 percent of Republicans, respectively — ranked their presidencies as above average.

Biden, Harris best Trump on favorability scale

While the poll finds Trump's personal favorability ratings underwater, the Democrats heading to the White House fare better.

Biden has a net favorability rating of +4 (44 percent positive, 40 percent negative), while Vice President-elect Kamala Harris has a net rating of +0 (41 percent positive, 41 percent negative).

That's compared with Trump's net personal rating of -13 (40 percent positive, 53 percent negative).

Biden's wife, Jill Biden, has a personal favorability rating of +14 (40 percent positive, 26 percent negative). Notably, however, a majority of Republicans — 59 percent — give her a negative rating, a particularly high marker of antipathy for an incoming first lady from members of the opposing party.

Before Obama's inauguration, 33 percent of Republicans gave Michelle Obama a negative personal rating. And before Trump's inauguration, 44 percent of Democrats gave Melania Trump a similarly poor grade.

7 hours ago, Junior said:

:wacko:

Trump approval remains stable in new NBC poll, with Republicans unmoved after Capitol violence

Eighty-seven percent of Republicans approve of how Trump is doing his job in a new NBC News poll, but half of all voters say he is "definitely worse than most" presidents.

Carrie Dann is a political editor for NBC News.

Jan. 17, 2021, 2:00 PM UTC

210115-donald-trump-ew-104p_7814b7fac5a9

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump is the only president in history to be impeached twice— this time for his role in encouraging a deadly assault on the Capitol by his supporters — but he is poised to leave office with a job approval rating that is fairly typical of his entire time in office.

A new NBC News poll found that 43 percent of voters nationwide gave Trump a positive job approval rating, just barely down from 45 percent who said the same before the November election and the 44 percent who approved of his performance shortly after he took office in 2017.

The same poll found that 35 percent of voters — including 74 percent of Republicans but just 30 percent of independents and 3 percent of Democrats — believe President-elect Joe Biden did not win the election legitimately.

Sixty-one percent of all voters — but just 21 percent of Republicans — say Biden did win legitimately.

While a record 10 House Republicans broke ranks to vote for Trump's impeachment last week, his approval rating among Republicans shows few signs that GOP voters are widely disillusioned with him.

Almost 9 in 10 Republicans — 87 percent — give Trump a thumbs-up, compared with 89 percent who said the same before the November election.

And even for the half of Republicans who say they prioritize the GOP in general over allegiance to Trump, his high approval remains unmoved by recent events.

Among Republicans who say their primary loyalty is to Trump over the party, 98 percent approve of his performance. For those who say they prioritize the party over the president, his approval still stands at 81 percent — virtually unchanged from October. (The findings contrast with some other recent national polls showing Trump's job rating lower. Unlike other surveys that sampled all U.S. adults, NBC News' poll surveyed registered voters.)

In the NBC News survey, nearly a third of GOP voters surveyed — 28 percent — said Trump's words and actions related to the violence at the Capitol reinforced their vote for Trump.

Just 5 percent said they now regretted their support for him, and two-thirds — 66 percent — said their feelings had not changed.

While 52 percent of voters overall say Trump is solely or mainly responsible for the protests that led to rioters' overtaking the Capitol, including 91 percent of Democrats and 44 percent of independents, just 11 percent of Republicans agree. (About half of Republicans, however, place responsibility on "social media companies" and "Antifa.")

"While a few Republican elected officials have broken with Trump, Republican voters are sticking with him for now," said Democratic pollster Jeff Horwitt of Hart Research, who conducted the poll with Republican pollster Bill McInturff of Public Opinion Strategies. "As we've seen over the course of his term, major event after major event does little to shake Trump's standing with Republicans."

Trump's standing among those outside the GOP remains similarly unchanged. He gets a positive job assessment from 44 percent of independents and just 5 percent of Democrats in the latest poll, shares that are also nearly identical to those in pre-election surveys.

Previous NBC News polling has, indeed, found Trump's approval among voters to be remarkably stable despite his tumultuous presidency, fluctuating only between a high of 47 percent and a low of 38 percent.

The latter rating came in late 2017, after Trump was widely criticized for his response to violence after a gathering of white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Half of voters call Trump 'worst than most' presidents

About half of the electorate — 49 percent of voters — ranks Trump as "definitely worse than most" presidents, a share recently rivaled only by the 48 percent who said the same of the departing President George W. Bush in late 2008.

An additional 9 percent say Trump is "not as good as most."

Forty percent of voters rank Trump as either "one of the very best" presidents (19 percent) or "better than most" (21 percent). That's significantly lower than majorities who gave above-average reviews to Bill Clinton (56 percent) or Barack Obama (55 percent) when they left office.

But Trump's lukewarm review still doubles the 20 percent of voters who gave Bush an above-average ranking when he departed the White House in 2009.

Trump's legacy, like views of his performance throughout his presidency, is defined by hard partisan lines.

Those viewing his presidency as "better than most" or "one of the best" include 82 percent of Republicans but just 40 percent of independents and just 4 percent of Democrats.

When Obama and Clinton exited office while enjoying relatively high approval ratings, a higher share of those in the opposite party — 20 percent and 27 percent of Republicans, respectively — ranked their presidencies as above average.

Biden, Harris best Trump on favorability scale

While the poll finds Trump's personal favorability ratings underwater, the Democrats heading to the White House fare better.

Biden has a net favorability rating of +4 (44 percent positive, 40 percent negative), while Vice President-elect Kamala Harris has a net rating of +0 (41 percent positive, 41 percent negative).

That's compared with Trump's net personal rating of -13 (40 percent positive, 53 percent negative).

Biden's wife, Jill Biden, has a personal favorability rating of +14 (40 percent positive, 26 percent negative). Notably, however, a majority of Republicans — 59 percent — give her a negative rating, a particularly high marker of antipathy for an incoming first lady from members of the opposing party.

Before Obama's inauguration, 33 percent of Republicans gave Michelle Obama a negative personal rating. And before Trump's inauguration, 44 percent of Democrats gave Melania Trump a similarly poor grade.

😞😡 staggering and depressing to see anyone defending or accepting the behaviour and actions of this sociopathic moron.  He is going to leave a frightening stain on American politics for a long time. 

Compare the Nixon Watergate scandal where republicans did not accept his corruption. Trump makes a crook like Nixon seem like a choir boy in comparison. 

11 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Acko, does Trump lover Rupert Murdoch own any of your media in Belgium ? His right wing puppet reporters in his papers here and on his Sky news pay tv channel have always supported Trump. 

Lindsay Graham is a pathetic weasel 

No...but make no mistake we have our own mess. Sadly.

8 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

They better clean the White House from top to bottom to get rid of all the toxin filth out there before the Bidens move in. 

Imagine the orange stains on the furniture.