*FLUSHED* Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

horn

I’m still absolutely gobsmacked that despite all his fuck ups, ridiculous, egotistical and scary behaviour, a record amount of Americans still turned out to vote for him. WTF is going on in your country???

Record label Mexican Summer has cut ties with Ariel Pink after the indie musician drew criticism for attending the pro-Trump rally in Washington D.C. earlier this week.

“Due to recent events, Mexican Summer and its staff have decided to end our working relationship with Ariel Rosenberg AKA Ariel Pink moving forward,” Mexican Summer tweeted Friday.

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 2.04.34 am.png

---

Wasn't he the piece of shit who had a massive go a M a few years back?

2 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

I’m still absolutely gobsmacked that despite all his fuck ups, ridiculous, egotistical and scary behaviour, a record amount of Americans still turned out to vote for him. WTF is going on in your country???

Hi! American here. Born and raised. This country is absolutely full of morons. I can't even begin to describe the stupidity that flows throughout this place. There's plenty of racism and ignorance to go around! The United States has such a dark and twisted history it's ALWAYS been like this. No matter what the white washed history books try and tell you.

I always have a nice chuckle when I see those "tHis Is nOt wHo wE aRe" tweets :rotfl:this is EXACTLY what America is :rotfl:

Just a few hundred years ago we had slavery. Black people were lynched daily. White supremacy was the standard! (and in many ways...still is)

America has always been fucked up and I'm tired of people trying to pretend otherwise! 

Some would say TOO LITTLE TOO LATE about all these social media and tech companies suddenly taking action over their part in this radicalisation just a matter of days before a brand new administration takes power.

36 minutes ago, Kim said:

Some would say TOO LITTLE TOO LATE about all these social media and tech companies suddenly taking action over their part in this radicalisation just a matter of days before a brand new administration takes power.

However demonic Fox TV are crying to high heavens that the radical left has censored the right. Unfortunately I fear this would lead to more radicalisation and capsulation of the alt right. There might even appear right wing "twitter", "facebook" etc. Now they can play the victim card. Maybe more effective would have been if there is an administrative body that imposes penalties to people who are are spreading fake news.

It's true though that they have to be consistent. Ban trump, but also ban those in power (or with a lot of influence) who said horrible things from the other side. theres a lot of scary homophobic and anti western tweets from other extremists.. 

14 minutes ago, elijah said:

Maybe more effective would have been if there is an administrative body that imposes penalties to people who are are spreading fake news.

But the committees with power to do that fall into Democrat hands in a few days - hence the sudden shift. 

32 minutes ago, Nikki said:

It's true though that they have to be consistent. Ban trump, but also ban those in power (or with a lot of influence) who said horrible things from the other side. theres a lot of scary homophobic and anti western tweets from other extremists.. 

I think it's hypocrytical...and I'm not at all impressed by the ban. The damage has been done.

31 minutes ago, acko said:

I think it's hypocrytical...and I'm not at all impressed by the ban. The damage has been done.

exactly. and every day there'd be news about his meltdowns on the platform.. they benefited hugely. now that his term ends they get rid of him (which conveniently gives them good moral pr too)

While it’s good that something is finally done about this fascist, the problem of why ppl voted for him and/or keep endorsing these radical and dangerous ideas will not go away by canceling him and his supporters. It’s such a fucked up world atm. 

10 hours ago, Barbie said:

Hi! American here. Born and raised. This country is absolutely full of morons. I can't even begin to describe the stupidity that flows throughout this place. There's plenty of racism and ignorance to go around! The United States has such a dark and twisted history it's ALWAYS been like this. No matter what the white washed history books try and tell you.

THIS! Horrid. And was all 'brewing' *pre T. If it wasn't wouldn't have gotten to this point & pre T (barely bubbling beneath surface). States like different planets now let alone countries. I mean...CO/CT/CA vs WY/WV/**FL lol. Um..ya sh!t is BAD. 

But @potus is property of Trump? And @flotus of Melania? 

I thought those were official accounts for the president and the first lady. Whoever they are. 

Will Twitter delete the followers and hand the account to Joe Biden and Dr. Biden?

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

But @potus is property of Trump? And @flotus of Melania? 

I thought those were official accounts for the president and the first lady. Whoever they are. 

Will Twitter delete the followers and hand the account to Joe Biden and Dr. Biden?

As far as I know, yes. Clean slate.

1 hour ago, whyme? said:

I think the events at the Capitol spoke for themselves. There's no need to ban or impeach because then it becomes about banning, censoring, etc... and the right will twist the fuck out of it.

It is necessary, I think. It takes away a crazy person from a high post in security, it takes away any possibility that he's a candidate and it takes away all privileges that comes being a former president.

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It is necessary, I think. It takes away a crazy person from a high post in security, it takes away any possibility that he's a candidate and it takes away all privileges that comes being a former president.

True, anything that stops him standing again is desirable. The "right" will twist everything irrespective.