Danish PM breaks down after minks were culled

horn

Danish PM breaks down after visiting mink farmer whose animals were culled
By Tamar LapinNovember 26, 2020 | 4:05pm

denmark-32.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=10

Denmark’s prime minister broke down in tears Thursday while visiting a mink farmer whose herd was killed on government orders meant to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen met with a father and son at their farm near Kolding in Western Denmark, telling reporters that the family has “had their life’s work shattered” in a very short time period.

“It has been emotional for them, and… Sorry. It has for me too,” Frederiksen said, pausing to take a break between words as her voice wavered.

The Danish leader had faced calls from the opposition for her to resign and a vote of no confidence in parliament following the order earlier this month to cull all 17 million mink in the country.

The directive was given after after authorities found a mutated version of COVID-19 in fur farms and factories. The strain could weaken the effectiveness of vaccines.

The government was later forced to admit that it did not have the legal basis to order the massacre of healthy mink and the Minister of Agriculture, Mogens Jensen, stepped down last week over the fiasco.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/danish-pm-cries-after-visiting-mink-farmer-whose-animals-were-culled/

A mink (coat) farm in Denmark? European western country? 17 MILLION minks? I'm VERY VERY :shock: 

Since it's legalized by the Danish government, so it's OK to skin these animals alive for $$$... :dazed: 

If such thing happens in Asia, the western media would have been out for blood.

44 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Oh I read more carefully the article and she cries for the economic situation of those families. It's ok then. 

It's so easy to assume things! 

What about the lives of 17 million mink? :dramatic: 

Would she cry for them if they were not culled? :1251: 

It has a look of crocodile tears about it. She needs to seem sympathetic. Well, I don't. People doing more ethical work and with more on the line frequently lose it all as well, for myriad reasons, oftentimes ones less fair, so... them's the breaks? Besides, chances are they'll be able to parlay the exposure into some other opportunity.

Are they skinned alive? I heard they were electrocuted first via the anus. Either way is horrific and the wearing of for should be left in the past.

By the way, they re-ran the Golden Girls here over lockdown and there's an episode where the girls breed mink to sell for fur. I couldn't believe they came up with that as a storyline.

48 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Are they skinned alive? I heard they were electrocuted first via the anus. Either way is horrific and the wearing of for should be left in the past.

By the way, there re-ran the Golden Girls here over lockdown and there's an episode where the girls breed mink to sell for fur. I couldn't believe they came up with that as a storyline.

But it was hilarious, as male started breeding with each other :lmao:

On 11/28/2020 at 10:26 AM, San said:

It was probably a saving grace for these poor creatures. Cunts who think this practice is acceptable.

I know. What they have to go through is horrific and barbaric. Animal cruelty is never taken seriously enough 😪