Beheadings on the streets of France

28 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Last week that poor teacher and now I belive two elderly people, one 70-year old woman going to church, I just imagined this being my grandma 😞 

Heartbreaking and so senseless and evil.  Such barbaric heartless acts. 

Absolutely horrible and devastating for a society. I had to report today lots of incredibly racists tweets today in the hashtag Christians Lives Matters. Religious extremists who kill for their faith and racists are fucking up the world for centuries. 

Sorry, but we have to call the reason for it: islam. Its a dangerous religion and very different to christianity. I m not for banning it completely, but those radicals have to be locked up and their mosques closed down. In Europe there should remain only the liberal islam who is accepting of LGBTQ, other faiths etc. (there is such mosque in Berlin). Islam shouldn't exist as an opposition to Europe. Within Europe, it should integrate, not the other way around. I stand by Macron 100 percent.

5 hours ago, elijah said:

Sorry, but we have to call the reason for it: islam. Its a dangerous religion and very different to christianity. I m not for banning it completely, but those radicals have to be locked up and their mosques closed down. In Europe there should remain only the liberal islam who is accepting of LGBTQ, other faiths etc. (there is such mosque in Berlin). Islam shouldn't exist as an opposition to Europe. Within Europe, it should integrate, not the other way around. I stand by Macron 100 percent.

Exactly. At some point criticism of Islam became conflated with prejudice against Muslims, and they're not the same.

Like any religion, it should be freely scrutinized, criticized, and yes, satirized and mocked in a FREE SOCIETY.

Not sure why we're allowed to do this with Christianity but it's Islamophobic and discriminatory to do with Islam.

13 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Exactly. At some point criticism of Islam became conflated with prejudice against Muslims, and they're not the same.

Like any religion, it should be freely scrutinized, criticized, and yes, satirized and mocked in a FREE SOCIETY.

Not sure why we're allowed to do this with Christianity but it's Islamophobic and discriminatory to do with Islam.

Exactly! Islam should not be excluded from being mocked. In many ways today it is much more the religion that should be mocked in a secular society. Especially after this. If the Muslims are feeling insulted by mere caricatures, they should go where Islam is more then just religion, but law of the land. There are many such countries. Muslims have to adapt to living in a secular society, not the secular society to crush its principles (freedom of speech). How much until they claim their religion dictates them to throw gays off tall buildings? This is not islamophobic. I have friends, very close friends who are Muslims, but in reality it’s high time Europe deals with that kind of Islam. And it has become mainstream...

7 hours ago, MadFan said:

THANK YOU!!!!!    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

9 hours ago, MadFan said:

Exactly. Muslim theologists who try to bring light are threatened and have to live with security in France. It is islamophobic to link Muslim religion with radicals. There are almost 2 billion Muslim people in the world and only a minority are radicals. Sadly many radicals are in government, prosecuting Muslims.

Radicals and dumbs are now clutching their pearls in some Muslim countries. But not all Muslims. 

On 10/31/2020 at 12:33 PM, karbatal said:

Exactly. Muslim theologists who try to bring light are threatened and have to live with security in France. It is islamophobic to link Muslim religion with radicals. There are almost 2 billion Muslim people in the world and only a minority are radicals. Sadly many radicals are in government, prosecuting Muslims.

Radicals and dumbs are now clutching their pearls in some Muslim countries. But not all Muslims. 

Yes, if you see pictures of Iran and other countries in the sixties and seventies, people were very "westernised" in their dress. There was an Islamic cultural Revolution that imposed the more radical form of Islam.

I feel that at some point the people will rebel but that is for them to do and not for the West to try and force.

49 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes, if you see pictures of Iran and other countries in the sixties and seventies, people were very "westernised" in their dress. There was an Islamic cultural Revolution that imposed the more radical form of Islam.

I feel that at some point the people will rebel but that is for them to do and not for the West to try and force.

It's very very difficult to rebel against a dictatorship. 

25 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Sure, it was the people who made the wall fall :lmao:

That's not what I was saying. I was showing how the cold war came to an end and the wall fell which felt impossible only months before.

All regimes ultimately fail from a variety of influences, pressure from the people, change in politicians, change in international influence etc.