Rafa Nadal wins a 13th French Open. Ties Federer with 20 Major titles

52 minutes ago, Barbie said:

He dismantled an undefeated (this year) Djokovic. I'm not counting the "loss" from the US Open either because that was a mess. Nadal is just......a monster on clay. Nobody is safe! 

That was savage! What a warrior

I’ve met Roger, Rafa and Novak and Rafa as anyone will tell you is the nicest and is a huge SWEETHEART. Winning his 13th(!!!!!!!!! ) French Open is insane! How many more will he win!🙈One of if not THE most impressive stat in all sport! It is the hardest slam to win physically too. 20th slam! He played incredibly in the final! He adapts and improves wow! So much respect for this athlete! ❤️  He’s also won/beaten Roger and Novak in slam finals on their preferred surface the same can’t be said about them  

This generation of mens tennis is incredible the suspense of seeing who will come out with the most majors is so great!

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

He's so fucking dumb. I'm glad he's good at something. 

Why do you say that because his english isn’t as good as the other 2? 

On 10/13/2020 at 3:48 PM, SheldonCooper said:

I’ve met Roger, Rafa and Novak and Rafa as anyone will tell you is the nicest and is a huge SWEETHEART. Winning his 13th(!!!!!!!!! ) French Open is insane! How many more will he win!🙈One of if not THE most impressive stat in all sport! It is the hardest slam to win physically too. 20th slam! He played incredibly in the final! He adapts and improves wow! So much respect for this athlete! ❤️  He’s also won/beaten Roger and Novak in slam finals on their preferred surface the same can’t be said about them  

This generation of mens tennis is incredible the suspense of seeing who will come out with the most majors is so great!

Oh wow - you've met them all? Lucky you.

13 French Opens is indeed INSANE. What an incredible achievement!

26 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

Oh wow - you've met them all? Lucky 

I have Rogers Cup season tickets so i go all week here and also i’ve been to Wimbledon and The US Open quite often. It’s fairly easy to meet the players. They walk around between matches, practises and media days.  Most players r quite nice. 

18 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

I want to go to Rogers Cup one year - when the men play in Montreal. Looks like a great tournament

I have seaso tickets come with me 🙂

On 10/17/2020 at 11:03 PM, SheldonCooper said:

Why do you say that because his english isn’t as good as the other 2? 

?
Because I'm Spanier like he is and he's not only dumb in Spanish but he doesn't pay the taxes here. 

10 minutes ago, karbatal said:

?
Because I'm Spanier like he is and he's not only dumb in Spanish but he doesn't pay the taxes here. 

I love him a lot ( he has a wonderful rapport with Australian tennis fans ) but I totally understand your frustration about taxes. So many tennis players don’t pay taxes to their countries and instead live in tax haven countries and it is sad to see. 

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

?

Oh!🙈😳

that’s why top players “reside” in Monte Carlo. 

On 10/19/2020 at 5:33 PM, SheldonCooper said:

Oh!🙈😳

They should play for Monte Carlo then and have that passport. 

Not to mention when recently he said that all political parties, including right extremists, where valid in government if they are good. Of course now all fascists in Spain are cheering him. He can't be any dumber. What a moron. 

23 minutes ago, karbatal said:

They should play for Monte Carlo then and have that passport. 

Not to mention when recently he said that all political parties, including right extremists, where valid in government if they are good. Of course now all fascists in Spain are cheering him. He can't be any dumber. What a moron. 

When my brother and i spoke to him for 25min almost he came across as a lovely intelligent man but 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

14 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

When my brother and i spoke to him for 25min almost he came across as a lovely intelligent man but 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Surely he will be lovely. And a good person. And plays wonderfully tennis. But it happens with many sportspeople that they have only sports in their heads

On 10/20/2020 at 2:33 AM, SheldonCooper said:

Oh!🙈😳

But Nadal doesn't reside in Monte Carlo and has never claimed to. He lives in Mallorca. Doesn't he pay Spanish taxes? I thought he was one of the few players who actually hasn't changed his residence to a tax haven to avoid paying taxes in his home country. Do I have it wrong?

5 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

But Nadal doesn't reside in Monte Carlo and has never claimed to. He lives in Mallorca. Doesn't he pay Spanish taxes? I thought he was one of the few players who actually hasn't changed his residence to a tax haven to avoid paying taxes in his home country. Do I have it wrong?

In Nadal case, he created a firm to tribute in the Spanish Basque Country (a fiscal paradise in Spain but let's not open that can of worms) and for a sum of 19 million euros he only paid 10.000 euro in taxes. The Spanish treasure discovered the plot and made him pay the money. That was 2012. In 2017 he had the guts to say in an interview "in other country I would pay less taxes but I wouldn't be so happy". The very nerve. But of course that's how PR works.

he is a very polite guy, and he is the best spain has had in any sports. He is really nice when he talks about things related to his job and his everyday life. But when he talks politicx, sexism...let´s say only right and far right political parties are happy with him.

And he, or muguruza, or...pay taxes in monaco, andorra, switzerland...that should bann anybody from playing for any flag.

And bizkaia, gipuzkoa, ara ba and navarre have a different taxation system from the rest of the state: when something like a taxation paradise happen (it has happened), the law has cut it from the roots (I´m remembering the holiday taxes in the 90s, for example). But we pay everything that has to be paid