MadonnaNation.com Forums

I think I just had a prolapse to BATUKA

Bopped, popped and locked so hard I think something may have fallen out? Shaking and crying violently still 

What a song 

What a performance

What a woman 

What a message

MADAME X

@acko @Gus @HolidayGuy @Je5u5

@Jazzy Jan @jonski43 @horn @Junior @Dr Lecter @eroticerotic @Katypatra @Stephen @Mensch @Kurt420 @XXL

@Kim  @Mattress @karbatal

I invite you all and everyone to join me

Yeah.

Edited by Suedehead
4 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Bopped, popped and locked so hard I think something may have fallen out? Shaking and crying violently still 

What a song 

What a performance

What a woman 

What a message

MADAME X

@Jazzy Jan @jonski43 @horn @Junior @Dr Lecter @eroticerotic @Katypatra @Stephen @Mensch @Kurt420 @XXL

Yeah.

I realised I was drumming my legs through the whole performance of this at the show 😆 I must have looked a complete pillock.

I love this song. The music really resonates and gets me moving.

This could have been a single.

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

I realised I was drumming my legs through the whole performance of this at the show 😆 I must have looked a complete pillock.

I love this song. The music really resonates and gets me moving.

This could have been a single.

I agree à cassette single ! Batuka /Looking For Mercy.... I love how they printed the lyrics in the cassette liner notes 

During my Lisbon show the stranger next to me grabbed my hand and held it for the duration of the performance.

1 hour ago, acko said:

The performance I'm looking forward 2 the most! When the VHS comes out. 

Last I heard it was Betamax only.

It wasn't as instant for me as some of my favorite MX tracks, though I've come to like and appreciate it more.

3 hours ago, Suedehead said:

What a song 

What a performance

What a woman 

What a message

MADAME X

Yeah

Eerie, powerful

But they continued playing

It's always the damn Church!

I'm shaking

Batuka is an amazing song and is one of the best songs on Madame X

It's a long way

It's a long day

Things have to change

There's a storm ahead

Swear the road is long

1 hour ago, funkydita said:

During my Lisbon show the stranger next to me grabbed my hand and held it for the duration of the performance.

It was so FUCKING POWERFUL in Lisbon wasn't it!? 

But even in London I nearly died to be honest

9 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

It was so FUCKING POWERFUL in Lisbon wasn't it!? 

But even in London I nearly died to be honest

TBQH, I think I I ended up speaking in tongues instead of singing along. If anything she was on even better form at my first London show than my Lisbon show.

Honestly, for me, the most beautifully staged performance and the real heart of the show.

This is by far the best thread title I've ever seen thank you.

Batuka is a very powerful song. It was much better live in Lisbon. When the Batukadeiras came in the place nearly collapsed with all the cheering. It's an incredibly moving song especially with the visuals too. I hope when the Madame X tour film comes out we hear her voice high in the mix as she performed it so well.

In my MX top 5, so looking forward to the dvd for this song!!! 💓

8EB6E9F8-DC69-4AAD-9287-C45A1D4AE4DA.thumb.jpeg.7d9eb3d7aeb841c042f04c0ea41a9bbc.jpeg

It makes me wanna dance but in a different way :dramatic:

201.gif

Cant wait to c the live version ; from all clips ive seen it seems like a real highlight!

@Suedehead just tuck it back up there, And proceed 😎

one of my fav songs from MX! a little disappointed you didnt tag me there though! 😊I LOOVEEEE Batuka and sing it all the time😍

18 hours ago, Suedehead said:

What a song 

What a performance

What a woman 

What a message

MADAME X

Yeah.

Batuka was everything I ever dreamed but never thought could actually come true. As a huge fan of Brazilian Bahia culture, mainly the candomblé, capoeira, the Iemanja (goddess of the sea) centered worshipping by the Baianas, I always dreamed that Madonna would do something eccentric like that and do a song in the style of the Baianas. Although Batukadeiras are not Baianas, and they're not from Brazil but Portugal, their style of music is still very similar and still in Portuguese language. So when I heard those drums, and the chanting, and Madonna leading while the ladies followed, I literally burst into an emotional rollercoaster where I thought I was dreaming, couldn't believe it, tried to hold my huge smile and my tears. It is the best gift Madonna could have ever given me personally. The video was another huge surprise! Batuka isn't a single, and M didn't have to do a video for it. But I'm so beyond happy that she did. The sound of waves, the Batukadeiras in their white puffy dresses, the dance moves, drums, everything is euphorically magical!! 

This is THE song that I INSTANTLY fell in love with(edit:well this and Extreme Occident) when I first listened to the album😍 words can't describe how much I love BATUKA!

7 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Batuka was everything I ever dreamed but never thought could actually come true. As a huge fan of Brazilian Bahia culture, mainly the candomblé, capoeira, the Iemanja (goddess of the sea) centered worshipping by the Baianas, I always dreamed that Madonna would do something eccentric like that and do a song in the style of the Baianas. Although Batukadeiras are not Baianas, and they're not from Brazil but Portugal, their style of music is still very similar and still in Portuguese language. So when I heard those drums, and the chanting, and Madonna leading while the ladies followed, I literally burst into an emotional rollercoaster where I thought I was dreaming, couldn't believe it, tried to hold my huge smile and my tears. It is the best gift Madonna could have ever given me personally. The video was another huge surprise! Batuka isn't a single, and M didn't have to do a video for it. But I'm so beyond happy that she did. The sound of waves, the Batukadeiras in their white puffy dresses, the dance moves, drums, everything is euphorically magical!! 

:wow::clap: