Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X one year anniversary thread!


Recommended Posts

I still love this gorgeous record ❤️ and part of me still believes that if the tour is streamed on netflix it will reach the wider audience it deserves 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe she gave us this experimental, political masterpiece nearly FORTY YEARS into her career. The sounds, the languages, the lyrical content, the aesthetics, the music videos, the tour. It was all so...artistic and genuine. Whew! We don’t deserve her. TOP SHELF MADONNA.

Don’t forget the gifts we received this era:

19 new songs

6 music videos

3 album covers

Pressed on cassette (multiple versions)!

Metacritic of 70

Socially-conscious material

Brunette hair finally

Box set

Limited colored vinyls

A mini documentary

A universally acclaimed tour

Performed 75 shows

Pop up shop

An upcoming concert film in Lisbon

Album appeared on multiple year-end “best of” lists

An engaging social media presence

Amazing/limited merch

Intricate VIP book

Gorgeous tour book

Attained her ninth #1 album

Extended record-breaking dance #1 hits

Pride 50 performance

Stonewall appearance

Billboard Awards performance

GLAAD speech/honorary award

British Vogue shoot/cover

Madame X Sirius Radio

BLESSED!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Album is life, tour was sublime! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one of those items on your list would have been a gift if we knew it was coming - how excited would we have been for even dark hair (I know it sounds trivial!) but best for me was 6 videos 6 VIDEOS!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I cannot believe she gave us this experimental, political masterpiece nearly FORTY YEARS into her career. The sounds, the languages, the lyrical content, the aesthetics, the music videos, the tour. It was all so...artistic and genuine. Whew! We don’t deserve her. TOP SHELF MADONNA.

Don’t forget the gifts we received this era:

19 new songs

6 music videos

3 album covers

Pressed on cassette (multiple versions)!

Metacritic of 70

Socially-conscious material

Brunette hair finally

Box set

Limited colored vinyls

A mini documentary

A universally acclaimed tour

Performed 75 shows

Pop up shop

An upcoming concert film in Lisbon

Album appeared on multiple year-end “best of” lists

An engaging social media presence

Amazing/limited merch

Intricate VIP book

Gorgeous tour book

Attained her ninth #1 album

Extended record-breaking dance #1 hits

Pride 50 performance

Stonewall appearance

Billboard Awards performance

GLAAD speech/honorary award

British Vogue shoot/cover

Madame X Sirius Radio

BLESSED!

 

:clap:

7b84f434-3201-4efa-8345-3118d812f3fa.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you M for another masterpiece and a tour to remember, wonderful era from start to end

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than the pain she had to endure while on its promo trail, I enjoyed every minute of the quirky pop odyssey that was the Madame X era. What an album. What a woman! After so many years in the biz, it's no small accomplishment that Madonna is still a vital creative presence who's committed to breaking new ground musically. Love her for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an incredible album, I really hold this one so near & dear to me! Madonna truly is a one-of-kind musical artist to release a record like this so far into her career

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing album. I love it and since day one I knew it would belong to my Top 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

@Shaun 19 new songs? Did I miss one? 😮

WE MUST NOT FORGET THE GLORY OF SOLTERA 🤩🤩🤩

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Junior pinned this topic

One of the best albums of her career. I haven't stopped listening to it since its release.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still listen to this album as if it came out yesterday. Happy 1 year to Madame X!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

One of the best albums of her career. I haven't stopped listening to it since its release.

Me too, Madame X is my 3rd favorite album from her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A beautiful album that offers the listener an extraordinary discombobulated experience...definitely in her top 5 best albums...

peZ7bRCe_o.png

madonna-madame-x-facebook-photo.jpg

madonna-madame-x-tour-2019-thatgrapejuic

Link to post
Share on other sites

One year and still listening this great record ! Remember when we first see the first trailer /tease post in IG? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mario24 said:

One year and still listening this great record ! Remember when we first see the first trailer /tease post in IG? 

Oh yes, that red capital X, goosebumps 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the fact that despite Activist-Donna is all over the album, it doesn't feel preachy AT ALL - it's still Madonna the edgy pop songstress that we love through and through. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elysium said:

 

madonna-madame-x-tour-2019-thatgrapejuic

Sorry. I feel very embarrassed for anyone who isn't a fan of THAT ^^, and yet stans for the lessers whose names shall not be mentioned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A wonderful record and an outstanding evening at the Palladium! Fuck all those idiots who complained about the era since day 1. They will sure have to wait a couple of years for a new album :rotfl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looooooove

Seeing it performed live in Lisbon was a major highlight in my Madonna fandom life!

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...