Your favourite "C-Trio" from Madame X  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite "C" trio from Madame X

• Crave
    • Crazy
    • Come Alive

1 minute ago, IsaacHarris said:

Come Alive

YES!!  My vote also.  When I saw the World of Madame X on Amazon about the origin of the instruments used on the song,  it made me love it even more.

1. Come Alive  :inlove:- should have been a single.  💕Has such a great fresh sound. 

2. Crave - I do love as well

Love all three — I think Crazy and Come Alive might be tied at the top for me, with Crave coming in a close second.

2 hours ago, Mooncrown11 said:

YES!!  My vote also.  When I saw the World of Madame X on Amazon about the origin of the instruments used on the song,  it made me love it even more.

Yes, @Mooncrown11, Come Alive resonates even more deeply right now — partially for the reason you stated — I love that background on the instrumentation (krakev, I though they were called in the doc, but I found krakebs and variant spellings online just now). I think she shared somewhere that her twin daughters experience being turned away from a class (gymnastics maybe, or dance?) — which Madonna suspected to be racially motivated. Knowing that, hearing her rally cry against that through the song, and feeling the inherently hopeful optimism infused through the voices of the children’s choir truly results in an uplifting song that takes flight and soars over adversity and oppression. 

But Crazy is so full of heartache, I just love wallowing in that melancholy, too. And Crave is full of longing. All such powerfully emotive songs.

oh so hard to pick up one, this sequence is the core of the album, is where she reached the peak of the fado melancholic feeling that she started with Killers and ends on Extreme Occident.

But Crazy is my favourite one, on whole album. Portuguese parts, she saying Você pensa que eu sou louca? sounds so funny to us, brazilians

CRAZY - classic Madonna lyrics and melody - on par with some of her greatest hits

COME ALIVE - absolutely elevated by the live performance, which was a highlight of the MX Tour. 

CRAVE (by far my least favorite song on the album) - I like this song, but it actually feels like the only song on MX that doesn't match the rest of the album. I suspect it was the last song recorded in an effort to give Interscope a more commercial single. 

Also, the best "C" song on MADAME X is - CIAO BELLA!

Crave. Wasn't my favorites when the track was first released but damn it, those vocals, the longing in her voice, how Swae manages to make the song so romantic. Truly one of her best collaborations. The video was very minimalist but manages to capture that early vibe of 80's pre-fame Madonna, the mole reappearing, the spontaneous choreo, the beautiful closeups and the symbolism of the doves. Truly magical.

Crazy is the only song on the album I haven't grown tired of yet (sorry 😞 ...i love all the songs but this is the only one that I have't given a break...i over played the shit out of this album lol)