George Floyd and BLM discussion

Guest eroticerotic
7 hours ago, karbatal said:

If I were killed by racist policemen I would want the world to burn. He is DEAD. He can no longer ever fulfill any dream. Do you think he would care of an Adidas store?

No but he would care about his fellow black people losing their businesses, seeing their cities in further turmoil, and seeing black cops targeted.

I believe people that know him have attested to that, but, also just logically, I don't think he would have wanted them in the crossfires. He would most likely wanted justice which we need to get back to focusing on. Charging those cops with murder.

Also, the majority of the protests have not been violent. I live in Upper Manhattan and everyone has been peaceful here. Can't say the same for Downtown Manhattan or other parts of other major cities. However that violence is what is being reported, and encouraged, by very suspicious people.

It's election year. I trust no one who wants to keep minorities consistently in the same position and encourage violence, poverty, government dependency and resentment. If nothing has changed we need to evaluate who we've kept in office on a local/state level. and in congress. TERM LIMITS. We need law enforcement reform and education reform. We don't need to loot, destroy, or kill. Violence is a temporary solution utilizing fear, that has long term consequences. Hello 2020.

8 hours ago, Jaz said:

Been on this forum longer than you.  Unless you were here before Dotmusic days, which I doubt.

Also, maybe you didn't mean you supported literal fires.  I hope not.

He was on dotmusic.

11pm curfew in NYC now. The late night riots and looting were worse last night, especially In Lower Manhattan. Just about everything has been getting boarded up today like there’s  a hurricane coming. 

18 minutes ago, Junior said:

11pm curfew in NYC now. The late night riots and looting were worse last night, especially In Lower Manhattan. Just about everything has been getting boarded up today like there’s  a hurricane coming. 

There's A LOT of international support for the black community. Demonstrations in front of the USA embassy in many cities. I hope Trump stops doing stupid things and addresses this issue as it deserves. But it's too much to ask, I guess.

15 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

These artists/celebrities/people who encourages protests, can someone tell them to tell their protesters don't do the looting and torching...

Maybe some people think that it's time to protest?

Macy’s 34th Street in NYC was getting looted tonight. The riots and looting around the city started earlier tonight before the 11pm curfew. The NYC curfew will be at 8pm tomorrow night.

I´m surprised at the list of celebrities who have been paying the bails for the people in prison: harry styles, justin beiber!

anyways, this shit happens everytime the police kills somebody, is been happening for ages, I remember rodney king...and after that, a lot of killings that IO can´t even name.After this, trump will win the elections, and back to usual.

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

anyways, this shit happens everytime the police kills somebody, is been happening for ages, I remember rodney king...and after that, a lot of killings that IO can´t even name.After this, trump will win the elections, and back to usual.

You never know, it could be the perfect storm thanks to the pandemic and the rapidly deteriorating standard of living in the USA, not to mention terrible leadership.

27 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

You never know, it could be the perfect storm thanks to the pandemic and the rapidly deteriorating standard of living in the USA, not to mention terrible leadership.

I hope you are right and that this time will be different

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

I really thought trump would easily win again, but with everything going on.. I could see him not getting re-elected. shame Biden is such a weak candidate.

Depends upon who he chooses as his VP.  Obviously Michelle Obama would be ideal, but I'm not sure she wants it.  After Michelle, I would want Warren or Harris.  After that, I would want Hillary.

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

Depends upon who he chooses as his VP.  Obviously Michelle Obama would be ideal, but I'm not sure she wants it.  After Michelle, I would want Warren or Harris.  After that, I would want Hillary.

You forgot Oprah on your list. 😉

Guest jamesshot

Biden actually is not the weak candidate people think. He isn't exciting. But he is solid and he is the polar opposite of what we have and need now. I've heard more Republican voters around where I live so say they will vote Biden because they like him and he isn't some scary "far left loon" whatever that is. Sanders would be another divisive leader. I do love Warren but Biden will be a great transition leader. All the next president will be doing is cleaning up the disaster from another Republican president. 

What is going on in the USA is long overdue. Most thought when police were issued body cams things would change. Even with body cam and cell phone video showing blatant murders of unarmed people of color nothing changed. They seemed to rub it in our faces. It seems the profession of a police officer attracts either your proud individual who wants to truly protect and serve their community with pride and fidelity or it attracts sociopaths, right wing thugs and/or white nationalists. 

Gays protested and rioted when they had had enough. 

As a white male, I have no idea what it is like for black males but I do know I would be terrified every day if I were a black male. I have known for a long time the doors opened up to me being a white male. I can hide being gay if I choose. I would have lost several jobs if my employer knew I was gay. Since I've been out, I have been attacked (not physically) by coworkers and bosses for being gay. So I can only understand that terror. 

Most of the actual looter and rioters are just agitators either on the far left or far right. There is zero doubt white nationalists and even some in the law enforcement community are actively participating in some of the violence pretending to be protesters.  Actual police are even shooting at journalists with rubber bullets and tear gas. They aren't even hiding their tendencies even during protests against that very behavior.

Police need a reckoning. They also need help. They need better training, screening, mental health help. But this has got to change. No more. 

The USA is in deep trouble. This is unlike anything I have ever witnessed or my parents have ever witnessed. Maybe we need this. 90% of our wealth is in the hands of less than 10%. Think about that. That is unsustainable and is absolutely part of the problem with everything including deaths from COVID-19. We have the most corrupt, incompetent administration in our history. Trump makes G W Bush look like George Washington by comparison. 90% of this is directly due to Republicans and conservatives. 

Most of all I think we all need to listen. I heard that on TV this morning and it is so true. We need to just listen. 

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

Biden actually is not the weak candidate people think. He isn't exciting. But he is solid and he is the polar opposite of what we have and need now.

Even some of those against Trump are still somewhat addicted to the shit show aspect of it all. Literally, every single day for 4-5 yrs now we've had a CONSTANT barrage of insanity. I've heard others (even myself) say before that Biden is boring, middle of the road, "status quo" but I truly think we need someone a bit more leveled and centered at this moment. I do believe now more than ever that he MUST choose a female POC as his running mate. After the past week, I don't think that's really an option at this point.

Even with all the bullshit of the past 4 yrs and all the "deplorables" seemingly crawling out of the woodwork like termites, I do still firmly believe they're desperate. This IS their last big hurrah, their last breath so to speak and once we get them out....whether it be 2020 or 2024, that's going to be it for them. We will not allow it to happen again on this level. 

23 hours ago, karbatal said:

There's A LOT of international support for the black community. Demonstrations in front of the USA embassy in many cities. I hope Trump stops doing stupid things and addresses this issue as it deserves. But it's too much to ask, I guess.

Guest eroticerotic

Today was a big voting day in many states, but people decided to post black squares on social media instead. 

I think Trump will win.

4 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

Today was a big voting day in many states, but people decided to post black squares on social media instead.

How does one negate the other?  People can show solidarity on their social media platforms with the black square...and vote too.The black square does not mean 'stay home, do nothing'.

Guest eroticerotic
7 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

How does one negate the other?  People can show solidarity on their social media platforms with the black square...and vote too.The black square does not mean 'stay home, do nothing'.

didn't say one negates the other, but no one with a strong platform is using their platform about the other. 

6 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

didn't say one negates the other, but no one is talking about the other. 

Fair enough. But no one's really talking about Covid-19 that much either. And cases are now surging once again.

7 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Exactly

Just now, VogueMusic said:

Fair enough. But no one's really talking about Covid-19 that much either. And cases are now surging once again.

I was wondering about Covid in USA. It's as if no longer exists there! 

Guest eroticerotic
15 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I know; which is eye opening. Basically alot of people do what they are told to do and don't seem to question or research anything. You better believe though Trump supporters are going to be voting for him in these preliminaries.

On a lighter note, Newark NJ my hometown is doing great with peaceful protesting, which, if you know its history, is amazing!

https://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj/5-inspiring-glimpses-newark-s-peaceful-george-floyd-protest

Teen who recorded George Floyd video is getting therapy for trauma

By PETER SBLENDORIO

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

JUN 02, 2020 | 10:42 AM

Darnella Frazier, the teenage girl who recorded footage showing the moments leading up to George Floyd’s death, has been receiving therapy for trauma, her lawyer said.

“I know she is doing very well under the circumstances and she seems to be really very positive, and that’s encouraging,” lawyer Seth B. Cobin told the Daily News. “I suspect talking to the therapist is probably very helpful, just being able to get this story out and not keep it bottled up inside.”

Floyd, an African-American man, died May 25 in Minneapolis after an arresting officer knelt on his neck while he was handcuffed. Ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was charged last Friday with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter, with a criminal complaint accusing him of kneeling on Floyd’s neck for more than eight minutes.

An autopsy by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner and an independent autopsy both determined Floyd’s cause of death was a homicide.

The video recorded by Frazier, which shows Chauvin with his knee on Floyd’s neck, was met with widespread outrage.

Chauvin and three other Minneapolis cops have since been fired.

Frazier, 17, spoke with officials from the FBI’s Civil Rights Division and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension on Saturday to provide a witness statement.

The teenager and her family have decided not to stay at the their home, which is located near the site of the incident.

Frazier addressed the online critics accusing her of not doing enough to help Floyd in a Facebook post last week.

“Fighting would’ve got someone else killed or in the same position George (may he Rest In Peace) was in!” her post reads. “If it wasn’t for me 4 cops would’ve still had their jobs, causing other problems. My video went world wide for everyone to see and know!!”