George Floyd and BLM discussion

28 minutes ago, horn said:

I guess you've got your answer.

Sorry, I am dense today. I don't understand what you mean. Media I'm seeing is reporting on the racist murder, the useless behaviour of Trump, the protests... Black people having a positive image. What else is missing? 

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Sorry, I am dense today. I don't understand what you mean. Media I'm seeing is reporting on the racist murder, the useless behaviour of Trump, the protests... Black people having a positive image. What else is missing? 

They send national guards in just 1 day of protest.

Just look at how merciless these national guards are.

1 hour ago, horn said:

They send national guards in just 1 day of protest.

Just look at how merciless these national guards are.

I thought. you were referring to the media coverage. 

Anyway, we both agree. about the other things

I've just seen in Twitter this video... I am so appalled

And only a couple of weeks ago, those white supremacist were carrying guns and entering government buildings and nobody even touch them

The Whole Foods store I work at in downtown Manhattan had a couple windows cracked last night but it fared better than other stores nearby. A CVS store close by had all of its windows completely smashed. An Adidas store and North Face store nearby were looted. If there’s rioting again tonight hopefully I’m out of work before then!

ETA: They’re letting us leave a couple hours early tonight. Most of the businesses in the area are boarding up their windows today.

The four policemen idiots were already fired and charged for murder, what else do they want?

They torch and loot stores, what for? Did they ever think of ordinary people working on those stores who will lose days of income because of what they did? These rallyists are being infiltrated by destabilizers. 

Guest eroticerotic

I don't think George Floyd would have wanted black businesses, black cops, or black cities to be harmed, caught in the crossfires. Apparently also in Dallas, there was a stack of bricks neatly placed on pallets for protestors to use? 

The focus needs to go back to why racism still exists and towards putting those cops in jail for murder, and also what can be done to remove cops like that from service. 

13 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

The four policemen idiots were already fired and charged for murder, what else do they want?

They torch and loot stores, what for? Did they ever think of ordinary people working on those stores who will lose days of income because of what they did? These rallyists are being infiltrated by destabilizers. 

Are you nuts? Are you aware that today or tomorrow another person will be murdered  by sheer racist fear as so many before? 

Gay rights wouldn't started being considered until some brave women and men started rioting. Well in fact HUMAN RIGHTS didn't start until brave French started a revolution. 

Enough with the mild society. Frankly, that's the reason why we all are poorer and  out labour rights are going to the pits. Because we're asleep!

10 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

I don't think George Floyd would have wanted black businesses, black cops, or black cities to be harmed, caught in the crossfires. Apparently also in Dallas, there was a stack of bricks neatly placed on pallets for protestors to use? 

The focus needs to go back to why racism still exists and towards putting those cops in jail for murder, and also what can be done to remove cops like that from service. 

If I were killed by racist policemen I would want the world to burn. He is DEAD. He can no longer ever fulfill any dream. Do you think he would care of an Adidas store?

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

If I were killed by racist policemen I would want the world to burn.

Get some help.  Really.  You should not want peaceful people to suffer. 

I would never want the world to burn for the horrific actions of one person.  You want the WORLD TO BURN.

YOUR OWN FUCKING WORDS.

SICK. 

Justice needs to be served.  Not the World To Burn.

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

I would never want the world to burn for the horrific actions of one person.  You want the WORLD TO BURN.

YOUR OWN FUCKING WORDS.

SICK. 

I have wanted for 10 years the world to burn and make a revolution because this society is going to the pits since nobody moved. I am the proud son of a worker who turned cars down and used fire to get better working rights. I would do the same.

Understood? No leave me alone because I don't know who you are. 

8 minutes ago, Jaz said:

YOUR OWN FUCKING WORDS.

SICK. 

The world IS burning bub.

What are YOU doing to stop it?

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Ugh these newbies being woke...

Been on this forum longer than you.  Unless you were here before Dotmusic days, which I doubt.

Also, maybe you didn't mean you supported literal fires.  I hope not.

15 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

Yes, I agree with you on that point. 

Again, as with many recent issues, it seems to me like many are only thinking in black or white patterns. It's either "You must totally support all forms of protests" or the exact opposite. 

Sorry, but what does any of this in the below clips have to do with fighting against racial inequality? Protesting a crime by committing a crime yourself, as robbery and theft clearly is?

And it's not just the big chain stores that got robbed and looted, as clearly seen here. Again, what does destroying the property - and in many cases therefore the livelihood - of innocent people have to do with protesting the actual issues that are at hand?

7D82_X299_775C_9+(2).jpg54efa4b2-9104-4433-901e-ac279ff57dbc.jpe

Having said that, it should be noted that the majority of people are not acting like this, as with most protests in recent years (also from what I've observed here in Europe), it's the minority consisting of anarchists and criminal looters, who often latch on any protest so they can act out these things without having to fear condemnation. There are plenty of clips over social media proving majority of protests are not looking like this (as with the videos posted above by other members).

I fully support everyone standing up and marching against the systemic racism and police brutality, and I understand a certain extent of chaos and rioting is to be expected in huge protests like these, but people who are responsible for producing scenes like these above, I will never support. Sorry, not sorry.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

The world IS burning bub.

What are YOU doing to stop it?

You don't know me, but I love your posts.  I just don't think that burning shit helps things.  Is that crazy?

10 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Been on this forum longer than you.  Unless you were here before Dotmusic days, which I doubt.

Also, maybe you didn't mean you supported literal fires.  I hope not.

You enjoy your 40 hours working week because some people filled the streets with blood. 

I wish labour fight were thought in schools.

I wish you the best (being honest).  You don't know me or my work (or lack of).  I still wish you the best.  I won't reply to you again in this thread.  I hope you can find peace.

5 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I wish you the best (being honest).  You don't know me or my work (or lack of).  I still wish you the best.  I won't reply to you again in this thread.  I hope you can find peace.

Thanks for your kind words

5 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I was waiting for something like that to happen for a long time, the power of the PEOPLE

enought with social injustice

The elites live absolutely scared of masses. They know that it's about time there's another revolution. I don't know when it will be, but it'll happen.

15 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

This is far more than just George Floyd. That’s just the the tip of the iceberg. The numerous cases of police brutality and racism recently and which has been going on since like...forever. 

23 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The elites live absolutely scared of masses. They know that it's about time there's another revolution. I don't know when it will be, but it'll happen.

Trump will be Louis XVI and Melanomia Marie Antoinette