George Floyd and BLM discussion

What a fucking hypocrite

Now UK Home Secretary Priti Patel is urging Londoners not to protest about George Floyd's murder because she's worried about Coronavirus  :rolleyes:

I just fucking can't. What about the whole Dominic Cummings pathetic affair with related embarrassing interview that the rules forbid anyway?

What about taking measures three months late compared to any other European country? What about the farce lockdown and the list goes on and on

She really gets on my nerves and her nastiness and utter hypocrisy is beyond palpable. Are they afraid that if Trump wins again (heaven forbid) the UK protests might damage the possibility of British politicians of striking a deal with the US having turned their contemptuous backs to mainland Europe?

These people are so pathetic. The damage over the health emergency alone they have caused is a sufficient call for a revolt. Yet they are still talking about Brexit as if it were a successful process already sorted for the country

This crisis is showing me how much I didn't know about the situation of the black community in the USA. I've been learning a lot these past years in this forum, thanks to many people that sometimes called me out because I had zero idea on many things. But now I'm learning a bit more.

I hope this is happening to other people too. Because I'm sure may Europeans are asking themselves what happens in their own countries. 

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

This crisis is showing me how much I didn't know about the situation of the black community in the USA. I've been learning a lot these past years in this forum, thanks to many people that sometimes called me out because I had zero idea on many things. But now I'm learning a bit more.

I hope this is happening to other people too. Because I'm sure may Europeans are asking themselves what happens in their own countries. 

Yeah, these things and similar happen also in UK, France and for sure Spain knowing how our police acts during peaceful demonstrations. And the Guardia Civil is basically a fascist organization from the Falange.

4 hours ago, Django said:

Yeah, these things and similar happen also in UK, France and for sure Spain knowing how our police acts during peaceful demonstrations. And the Guardia Civil is basically a fascist organization from the Falange.

There's obviously racism and violence everywhere in the world, Europe included but never to this ingrained and institutionalised level where you have similar incidents on a monthly if not weekly basis and police forces for the most part showing such complete disregard for lawful and civilized procedures AND not being held ACCOUNTABLE by the State. It's the culture and the laws that are fucked up in the United States

Also, on the twin issue of violence and gun control, let's not kid ourselves, in Europe you have very specific laws if you want to buy a fire arm, it's not like anyone could walk into a store and get a gun or rifle stat with no serious checks and red paper processes to go through FIRST

Whereas so many certified mental cases can easily get access to weapons in the US. Things in Europe are VERY different on both fronts and those two issues of racism and the whole "I'm entitled to my rifle" culture are very much intertwined. It's all about "lemme show ya what a big man I am"

Fuck that toxic mentality

The entire US system should get real

And say hello to 2020

This instead looks very much 1820

I don't even know what we are arguing about

It's all so blatantly obvious. Just get that 360 overhaul you badly need. And send the army and police to those who preach hatred and violence instead

3 hours ago, XXL said:

There's obviously racism and violence everywhere in the world, Europe included but never to this ingrained and institutionalised level where you have similar incidents on a monthly if not weekly basis and police forces for the most part showing such complete disregard for lawful and civilized procedures AND not being held ACCOUNTABLE by the State. It's the culture and the laws that are fucked up in the United States

Also, on the twin issue of violence and gun control, let's not kid ourselves, in Europe you have very specific laws if you want to buy a fire arm, it's not like anyone could walk into a store and get a gun or rifle stat with no serious checks and red paper processes to go through FIRST

Whereas so many certified mental cases can easily get access to weapons in the US. Things in Europe are VERY different on both fronts and those two issues of racism and the whole "I'm entitled to my rifle" culture are very much intertwined. It's all about "lemme show ya what a big man I am"

Fuck that toxic mentality

The entire US system should get real

And say hello to 2020

This instead looks very much 1820

I don't even know what we are arguing about

It's all so blatantly obvious. Just get that 360 overhaul you badly need. And send the army and police to those who preach hatred and violence instead

This! 

The police are so much better in Europe. The UK police aren't even armed most of the time. We cannot compare our forces to those of the US where black people are being slain for 'looking suspicious'. 

If just one of these crimes happened here, the country would be in uproar.

But this goes right to the top in the US and ties in with gun control, the NRA, white supremacists with Trump at the top. 

And I don't see how it will improve. I still think Trump could win the next election.

Guys please... Maybe violent racism is not as normal as in the USA but Europe is incredibly racist. Look what happened with the refugees. The illegal immigrants from central Africa being exploited in Spanish fields. The corona cases in slaughterhouses in Germany where immigrants lived in horrid conditions. Even then economic racism against South European countries from northern countries. And I'm not touching the UK issues with black communities, where children die by the dozens by stabbing from different gangs. In Paris during lockdown there were revolts in the neighbourhoods where poor Muslim people suffered brutality from police when asked why they were on the street.

That's why I find a bit hypocrite some of those marches for Floyd here in Europe. 

11 hours ago, Django said:

Oh, and in Germany too. Of course:

Ohne Grund. Without reason? We don't know what happened shortly before. You can see there is a person in the back on the ground being handcuffed. We don't know about the interaction between the young man and the female officers, the male officer is referring to something I can't figure out. What I can clearly hear is someone yelling "Hurensohn" (son of a bitch) at the police officer. A slur word almost exclusively used by young people with an immigrant background (Turkish or Lebanese) to offend the police or other people. This here is no example of a racist cop or excessive police brutality. This is an example of people jumping on the bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Ohne Grund. Without reason? We don't know what happened shortly before. You can see there is a person in the back on the ground being handcuffed. We don't know about the interaction between the young man and the female officers, the male officer is referring to something I can't figure out. What I can clearly hear is someone yelling "Hurensohn" (son of a bitch) at the police officer. A slur word almost exclusively used by young people with an immigrant background (Turkish or Lebanese) to offend the police or other people. This here is no example of a racist cop or excessive police brutality. This is an example of people jumping on the bandwagon. 

:lmao:o

Oh please...

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Guys please... Maybe violent racism is not as normal as in the USA but Europe is incredibly racist. Look what happened with the refugees. The illegal immigrants from central Africa being exploited in Spanish fields. The corona cases in slaughterhouses in Germany where immigrants lived in horrid conditions. Even then economic racism against South European countries from northern countries. And I'm not touching the UK issues with black communities, where children die by the dozens by stabbing from different gangs. In Paris during lockdown there were revolts in the neighbourhoods where poor Muslim people suffered brutality from police when asked why they were on the street.

That's why I find a bit hypocrite some of those marches for Floyd here in Europe. 

Karbatal I disagree 

My premise wasn't at all that racism isn't present in Europe or that we don't have nationalist, populist or downright racist parties, I've said what's been going on on a regular basis in the US for years, i.e. unarmed black people being shot for no reason at all or teenagers armed to the teeth shooting down everyone they can hit in high schools it is absolutely not the norm.

You can't compare shooting someone unarmed for "looking suspicious", and it's more often than not if they are black, to the examples you produced in the above post

The police here have to abide by a certain code of conduct. In the US there's no code to begin with. Huge difference. 

Can you imagine here a policeman chocking someone to death in broad daylight and not being immediately arrested? With visual document of the crime to boot. Absolutely not. There are no comparisons to be made

4 hours ago, jonski43 said:

This! 

The police are so much better in Europe. The UK police aren't even armed most of the time. We cannot compare our forces to those of the US where black people are being slain for 'looking suspicious'. 

If just one of these crimes happened here, the country would be in uproar.

But this goes right to the top in the US and ties in with gun control, the NRA, white supremacists with Trump at the top. 

And I don't see how it will improve. I still think Trump could win the next election.

Totally  👍

I'm sorry but to say the US and Europe are on the same level of tolerated, state sponsored, unjustified violence is utterly false. Also, European leadership does not know an equivalent body to the NRA holding them perpetually hostage, with which they'd happy to do business with and take money from for electoral purposes

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yep, the old "it wouldn't happen here" bullshit. 

All my Black friends who travelled to and lived for long periods of time in Europe have all said Europe has plenty of racism. Different kinds of racism than what they experienced the U.S. but nonetheless still racist and in some cases even worse than the U.S.

Australian Minister says Black Lives Matter protesters 'incredibly selfish'
By Max Koslowski
June 7, 2020 — 1.01pm

Federal Finance Minister Mathias Cormann has said the tens of thousands who protested against Indigenous Australian deaths in custody selfishly risked a second coronavirus outbreak.

About 30,000 protesters took to the streets of Melbourne on Saturday and at least 20,000 marched through Sydney's CBD, defying health warnings to raise the alarm over Aboriginal deaths in custody and over-incarceration one week after African American George Floyd was killed by white police officers in the United States.

Senator Cormann said protesters were "selfish" and "quite irresponsible" for ignoring health advice when other gatherings such as funerals have been curbed.

"It is quite irresponsible what we have seen here," he said on Sky News on Sunday morning. "I think it is incredibly selfish, it is incredibly self-indulgent. Yes, it does impose unnecessary and unacceptable risk onto the community."

"When people are prevented from attending funerals of their loved ones, to think that it is so important to pursue these sorts of activities, when it is very clear that that imposes unnecessary and unacceptable risk on the community as a whole, I believe is rather irresponsible," Senator Cormann added.

Labor Indigenous Affairs spokeswoman Linda Burney pointed out that Senator Cormann's state of Western Australia has some of the highest proportions of Indigenous Australian incarceration in the country.

"Mathias Cormann should know better than to describe these protests yesterday, this cry from the heart of many thousands of people across the world and in Australia, as self-indulgent and reckless," Ms Burney said.

Deputy Labor leader Richard Marles said while he urged protesters not to attend on Saturday, Senator Cormann's comments were "tone deaf".

"I had concerns about such a mass gathering in the middle of the pandemic. I used my voice in the lead-up to the protest to make that point," Mr Marles said on ABC's Insiders program.

"If you are born Indigenous in this country, your life stands to be a lot worse," he added. "I don't feel like I'm in a position to say to Indigenous Australians who are protesting against that that this is a self-indulgent act.

"I would have preferred that we didn't see the mass gathering but it's happened and I understand it."

Police will fine Melbourne Black Lives Matter rally organisers $1652 each for breaching health directions after earlier warning members of the activist group Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance they could face fines if the rally went ahead.

The Sydney rally was authorised by the NSW Court of Appeal after initially being marked unlawful by the Supreme Court after an earlier application by NSW Police.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/minister-says-black-lives-matter-protesters-incredibly-selfish-20200607-p5508l.html

The people has the freedom & rights to protest! 

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

But Boris Johnson is willing to take in 3m of Hong Kong protesters! 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/03/asia/uk-hong-kong-china-boris-johnson-bno-intl-hnk/index.html

I wonder will he take in millions of African Americans as well due to the protest? :1251: 

Nobody has said there isn't racism in Europe. There is, but, once again, the continued, frequent gunning down of black people by American cops for literally nothing and clearly supported by government is something way beyond anything seen here. 

15 minutes ago, horn said:

But Boris Johnson is willing to take in 3m of Hong Kong protesters! 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/03/asia/uk-hong-kong-china-boris-johnson-bno-intl-hnk/index.html

I wonder will he take in millions of African Americans as well due to the protest? :1251: 

Well we all know Bozo just said that because he was under increasing pressure for staying silent about the whole thing.

But I'm sure when they're finished deporting those from Caribbean commonwealth countries who are here perfectly legally (Windrush Scandal) they might take in a few Hongkongers  from the old colony.

As long as they don't mind being demonised by the press as a swarm of insects and shouted at in the street by toothless Brexiteers telling them to go back to where they came from...

4 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

:thumbsdown:

Germany is one of the most racist countries on earth! 

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Nobody has said there isn't racism in Europe. There is, but, once again, the continued, frequent gunning down of black people by American cops for literally nothing and clearly supported by government is something way beyond anything seen here. 

This

I'm speaking for Italy specifically now

If a cop starts shooting in the street indiscriminately, for no reason, he or she will be arrested, prosecuted and go to jail. And it's vastly the case for most of Europe. 

Racism does exist EVERYWHERE duh

John Wayne's weekly, state sponsored and totally unaccountable shoot out only happen somewhere else. There's a significant difference

4 hours ago, Django said:

Europe is racist and its police sucks balls too. Just because in the US is really bad, it doesn't make Europe good. 

Exactly. 

And just imagine how many abuses are in countries like Spain unreported because illegal immigrants won't dare or won't even know how to report them. 

20 minutes ago, XXL said:

This

I'm speaking for Italy specifically now

If a cop starts shooting in the street indiscriminately, for no reason, he or she will be arrested, prosecuted and go to jail. And it's vastly the case for most of Europe. 

Racism does exist EVERYWHERE duh

John Wayne's weekly, state sponsored and totally unaccountable shoot out only happen somewhere else. There's a significant difference

Yes, it's a very different situation. But Italy has precisely shown the worst face of racism this past year with Salvini blocking the landing of refugees and even shrugging when they were being left to die. The Spanish NGO boat rescuing those migrants from the sea was even facing an Italian trial, accused of helping the human trafficking mafias. 

Every country has a racist and xenophobic story that's being exacerbated these past years. Sometimes it's a policeman suffocating an unarmed man. Others, letting people die. 

In Spain illegal immigrants from Central Africa were sleeping on the streets near big slaughterhouses during the lockdown because they had no job and no house.