'God Control' should have been the first single from Madame X

4 hours ago, Showdown said:

What fans keep crying for a confessions? I keep seeing this but have yet to see anyone say that or at least not until FutureNostalgia came out and said they wanted her to work with Stuart again. Madame X was never gonna work especially as a summer album. Plus you had the whole Lisbon narrative for ages it seemed. For all the personas it seemed very one note other than eyepatch and I went to Lisbon to be a soccer mom. God Control does stand out and I wonder if it was the plan to be the main single with the video being released pre-album and if it was indeed going to be performed at Eurovision which makes alot more sense in the context of LAP and Dark Ballet. IMO Medellin should've been released way earlier like in Feb to be a taste followed by God Control in April/May then either Crave or IDSIF in June. Also Faz Gotoso should've been a single even if it didn't have a video it still streamed alot and with mixes it probably would've charted well.

Surprisingly it's more other fanbases that use that album to basically say all of her albums after suck so they romanticize "Confessions was her last great album, yadda yadda", you usually see it on YouTube comments, reviews and other publications.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:58 PM, dylanciccone_ said:

Surprisingly it's more other fanbases that use that album to basically say all of her albums after suck so they romanticize "Confessions was her last great album, yadda yadda", you usually see it on YouTube comments, reviews and other publications.

Oh...maybe sometimes but I rarely see comments that specific and will usually say something like she hasn't been great since the 90s or 80s. Its horrible how people just gloss over so many of her more modern hits. 

On 8/23/2020 at 6:55 AM, Showdown said:

Oh...maybe sometimes but I rarely see comments that specific and will usually say something like she hasn't been great since the 90s or 80s. Its horrible how people just gloss over so many of her more modern hits. 

This happens to all the greats. When Bowie was still alive every album he churned out since teh 90's was his BEST SINCE SCARY MONSTERS.

Prince was, depending who u talked to, his best since Sign O' The times or LoveSexy, and sometimes Diamonds & Pearls.

The fact that M's point of reference comes from her 3rd decade as a recording artist is a testament 2 her longevity...Dua Lipa wasn't lying
in that sense.