1 in 5 Russians want gays and lesbians ‘eliminated,’ survey finds

1 in 5 Russians want gays and lesbians ‘eliminated,’ survey finds

Elizabeth Kuhr

Russians have bigger fish to fry than eliminate LGBT people. That country is going down the shits at an alarming pace with increasing poverty rates and disproportionate inequalities between regions.

It's funny none of the western countries government e.g. UK/Germany/France/Canada/Australia/Spain etc, not even US or Trump administration, dare to accuse Russia lack of human rights.

You don't see them accusing Middle-Eastern countries having no human rights AT ALL either. In addition, Trump is telling the world Saudi is his friend.

And yet all of them are accusing China lack of human rights.

A bunch of hypocrites.

4 hours ago, runa said:

I'm pretty sure you would get the same numbers elsewhere, tbqh, even in USA. 

Absolutely wrong. Putin has done all he can to demonise gays and this is a direct result of his rule. He has been targeting half of

Europe with disinformation about gays and the moral degradation of the west (he is aligned with ultra conservatives from the west too). And it pains me to admit his hybrid war against the west succeeds in Eastern Europe. EU should wake up and expose him for what he really is.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:55 AM, VogueMusic said:

“A lot of people in Russia would not want to see gay people existing,” said Kochergina. “Not necessarily to kill them but to have a society where this does not exist as a phenomenon.”

“Not necessarily to kill them, but...”

tenor.gif

Dropping an awesome queer horror short here, I think it's worth a watch. :fag: And yes, fuck the Russian government.

Guest eroticerotic

Everyone is gay so I don't think they want gays eliminated. 🙂 People seemed to have a problem with hyper sexual women throughout history as well. 

Which makes me  think, people have a problem with the hyper sexual persona and The hyper focus on sexual activity in general. I think it's about the lifestyle, not the orientation. or sex.

The dialogue is very very limited and it is still very one sided, despite the progress made as far as tolerance. Long way to go when it comes to self acceptance.

This is disgusting but tbh i expected the number to be higher. When you see the extremely homophobic government and culture that Russia has i assumed at least half of Russians would want to see gays eliminated.

I, maybe naively, think that they have to said that. People are mainly afraid and stuck in this spiral were if it's illegal, is the government tells you it's bad, must be right. Since promoting the existence of the LGBTQ+ is forbidden it might afraid people to speak their truth outside what the government tells you. 

THAT SAID. Pretty sad to see that the human rights are completely shut away after the Olympics. It was all over the news at that time and if political forces from all around the globe were just a bit more oppressive toward Russia. I still don't know why it is still tolerate. 

THAT SAID, Russia is just one of many also... This is just surreal to think it's still an issue. On another level, classic dictatorship moves to blame a particular group/groups for everything while the main problem is the government itself. 

4 hours ago, horn said:

Anti-gay places/countries like Dubai, Russia, Saudi are on my no-go list.

I mean if they don't welcome us, why should we visit them?

I completely agree with you. It is out of the question that i'm going to spend a cent in countries where homosexual residents are victims of social stigma, incarceration or deaths. We are not talking about countries where there are traces of "good" old homophobia, but countries where it is still cultivated politically and openly encouraged.

On 5/3/2020 at 6:43 PM, MadFan said:

Dropping an awesome queer horror short here, I think it's worth a watch. :fag: And yes, fuck the Russian government.

Love it. Tnx for the link.

Erm, there have been news about the concentration camps for gay people in some parts of the country, and my friends tell me some A/B-list TV personalities are saying gays shouls be burned alive the way they did it in Nazi Germany, so yeah... the number seems kinda low.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:04 AM, runa said:

I'm pretty sure you would get the same numbers elsewhere, tbqh, even in USA. 

This.  Even more in some other countries that are even more backwards with LGBTQ rights!

We have to remember that we have come a long way, but we have a long way to go.

18 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

coming partly from Balkan most of them are curious closeted homophobes who want to try some dick up their ass but are afraid of peer pressure from other closeted fags.

This pretty much. No one can convince me a total straight man could be homophobic. Most have their gay tendencies, of which they are afraid of.

11 hours ago, ThomasW said:

4 in 5 Americans want (gov)Russians eliminated, #5 is the cheeto

Because US can't dominate this world with the existence of Russia, China, Germany, France & North Korea.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:33 AM, elijah said:

This pretty much. No one can convince me a total straight man could be homophobic. Most have their gay tendencies, of which they are afraid of.

and they are always SUPER straight, like okay we get it, that's always a sign :lol: 

On 5/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, Martin B. said:

I completely agree with you. It is out of the question that i'm going to spend a cent in countries where homosexual residents are victims of social stigma, incarceration or deaths. We are not talking about countries where there are traces of "good" old homophobia, but countries where it is still cultivated politically and openly encouraged.

Agree. I think as a world “ society “ we tolerate and excuse extreme cultural practices and cruel religious fanaticism. Places that show extreme cruelty and discrimination towards gay people and towards women as well should never be excused. Will always value human rights over cultural and religious barbaric “ rights” at all times.