2007 RIAA Certifications

thebigham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Daughtry 2xp

Akon 2xp

Red Hot Chili Peppers 2xp

Oooh...these all JUST got past 1.9 million (Soundscan)!

I guess we can kiss the 2x platinum cert for COADF goodbye for a good long while. :gross:

Guest boytoyville

Oooh...these all JUST got past 1.9 million (Soundscan)!

I guess we can kiss the 2x platinum cert for COADF goodbye for a good long while. :gross:

That has nothing to do with shipments. :fag:

That has nothing to do with shipments. :fag:

I know that, but if even these albums - which are still charting high on the Top 200 - are getting certs so close to 2 million, I imagine shipments for everyone aren't what they used to be.

when the hell is Confessions going 2x Platinum?!

I'm quite confident it would have shipped 2million copies since it has sold slightly over 1.6million

grrr...

yeah and Soundscan doesn't even cover 100% of the sales out there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Word on the Street: Nothing But Love for Lloyd

WASHINGTON – After a three-year hiatus, Lloyd is back. His urban love song infused sophomore album entitled Street Love – with appearances by Lil’ Wayne, Young Joc and Nas – endeared itself with fans to a golden tune of more than 500,000 copies sold, according to the April tally of Gold and Platinum certifications by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

Columbia recording artist Beyoncé continues to celebrate with her sophomore album release of B’Day, which crossed the 3 million mark this month. At triple Platinum, this album is edging closer to the success of her quadruple Platinum solo debut album, Dangerously In Love. Beyoncé will continue her birthday celebration with a worldwide tour this spring and summer.

Country pop artist Billy Currington proves he’s doing quite a bit right by taking home his first ever Platinum award for the Mercury Nashville release of Doin’ Somethin’ Right. His single “Must Be Doin’ Somethin’ Right,” which certified digital Gold last year, was certified this month as a Gold Mastertone.

Warner Nashville country stars Big & Rich might be anxiously awaiting the results of their five Academy of Country Music Award nominations, but they can relax and enjoy their first triple Platinum award for Horse of a Different Color. The smash hit single “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” is currently certified as both a Gold Digital Single and a Gold Mastertone. The band is currently on tour promoting the forthcoming album, Between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace, which is scheduled to release in June.

Geffen Records R&B artist and Grammy award winner Mary J. Blige received her sixth multi-Platinum award for the seventh album of her career entitled, The Breakthrough. With this triple-Platinum certification, Blige has sold more than 18 million albums. Her latest release, Reflections (A Retrospective), continues to top the charts with its collection of greatest hits and new material.

EMI Gospel artist Smokie Norful continues to spread his urban inspirational music, certifying his sophomore release, Nothing Without You, Gold by selling more than half a million records. Norful’s 2002 project, I Need You Now, is currently certified Gold.

Volcano recording artist and musical humorist Weird Al’ Yankovic keeps his fans laughing to the tune of more than 500,000 copies, thus earning his tenth Gold award for Straight Outta Lynwood. His first track off the album, “White and Nerdy,” was certified as a Gold Digital single in February.

Epic rockers The Fray received their first ever Multi-Platinum Digital Single award for “How to Save a Life,” certifying it double Platinum for more than 2 million units this month.

The RIAA awarded a total of three Multi-Platinum, one Platinum and three Gold albums in April. All certifications are calculated by Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman. Complete lists of all album, single, and video awards can also be accessed at www.riaa.com

:clap::clap::clap:

All the Country Loves Carrie, as Underwood’s Some Hearts Is Certified for Sales of Six Million Copies!

ACM-Winning Album of the Year Becomes the First Female Country Debut to Hit the Six-Million Milestone Since 1999

Nashville, TN – She’s a two-time GRAMMY winner, reigning CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, and newly crowned ACM Top Female Vocalist, and the incredible success story of Carrie Underwood reaches still greater heights as her 19 Recordings/Arista Records/Arista Nashville debut album, Some Hearts, is now RIAA-certified Sextuple Platinum for sales of six million copies. One of only two female country debuts ever to reach this milestone, Some Hearts now ranks alongside Leann Rimes’ Blue as the best-selling debut by a country female in RIAA history.

Released November 15, 2005, the disc’s unstoppable sales momentum has powered it to #1 for a remarkable 26 of its 78 chart weeks – holding the #1 position on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart across multiple weeks in 2005, 2006, and 2007.

With a 29% sales jump to more than 56,700 copies sold this past week, Some Hearts reclaims the #1 position on Billboard’s Top Country Albums and surges to #8 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart. This sales leap preceded Carrie’s performance and triple win on Tuesday’s 42nd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, where she was awarded Video of the Year (“Before He Cheats”) and two of the night’s top prizes: Top Female Vocalist and Album of the Year, for Some Hearts.

“Wasted,” the fourth #1 country airplay single from Some Hearts (following the success of “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” and “Before He Cheats”), also becomes a #1 video this week on GAC’s viewer-voted Top 20 Country Countdown.

Underwood’s massive cross-format appeal has also delivered Top 10 success at Hot AC and Mainstream Top 40 with “Before He Cheats,” becoming a Top 5 favorite video on VH1’s VSpot Top 20 Video Countdown as well as the first country video ever to air on MTV’s TRL and the first country video added to MTV since 1999.

With this week’s SoundScan sales numbers, “Before He Cheats” also breaks new ground on the digital frontier, as release-to-date total sales vault to 1,228,511 downloads, ranking “Before He Cheats” as the best-selling digital country song in chart history.

Some Hearts remains the best-selling, single-disc country album by a solo artist (male or female) in the last six years (since Tim McGraw’s Greatest Hits released in November of 2000) and the best-selling, single-disc country album by any artist since the release of the Dixie Chicks’ Home in August 2002.

Fans can be watching for American Idol’s Season Four champion as she returns to the Idol stage for a performance on the show’s May 23 season finale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nothingfails0603

I think it's good that albums are actually certified what they sell these days. It was insane in the 90's when "wow, the cd has sold 6 million copies, let's just assume it'll sell another four" and certifying it diamond. So many artists have overshipped certifications that make them look bigger than they really were.

Guest Bad Robot

I think it's good that albums are actually certified what they sell these days. It was insane in the 90's when "wow, the cd has sold 6 million copies, let's just assume it'll sell another four" and certifying it diamond. So many artists have overshipped certifications that make them look bigger than they really were.

I still can't believe the overcertification for Backstreet Boys' "Black & Blue."

8xP out of the box for an album that only sold something like 4.5m.

Guest missy bi_tch

will madge get another certification? it seemed like she takes forever to get her albums/singles certified.... :rant:

perhaps when the new album is out

Guest Beautiful Stranger

I still can't believe the overcertification for Backstreet Boys' "Black & Blue."

8xP out of the box for an album that only sold something like 4.5m.

It has scanned 5.4 million and sold millions at the record clubs.

lmao= I am most certain/confident that every single one of the 3x plat records sold from "Hannah Montana" are 99.9% from the US (with 90% of those records bought from the states where K-Mart/Wal-Mart are the only show in town ;) LOL

Guest Beautiful Stranger

lmao= I am most certain/confident that every single one of the 3x plat records sold from "Hannah Montana" are 99.9% from the US (with 90% of those records bought from the states where K-Mart/Wal-Mart are the only show in town ;) LOL

Well yes, since the RIAA only certifies US sales. :electropop: