COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

30 minutes ago, acko said:

I agree... We need a further (extreme) integration. A proper European constituency, constitution.. social security... An Army. 

giphy.gif

On 3/27/2020 at 9:08 PM, karbatal said:

Well, some were wondering why some countries have more material than others to face the pandemic. Was it because those countries were better prepared or have a more efficient system? Nope. It's because their governments FORBID the companies to sell material to the neighbors while people were dying. Those firms were the official distributors in public Spanish hospitals. 

This is not a blind item. The names are Germany and France. Information by the very serious newspaper La Vanguardia. 

This pandemic is going to change a lot many things.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20200324/4874322651/especulacion-mercado-bloquea-llegada-material-sanitario-espana-coronavirus.html?facet=amp&__twitter_impression=true 

CF0F5814-3589-4A29-A7D3-FE75C7DBB459.jpeg

If this is true it's disgusting

What the US needs is a full-blown lockdown nationwide. Selective lockdown won't work and all lockdown has to be done at the same time so that the virus will be eliminated in all states at the same time also. Doing it selectively will only prolong the predicament. Economy? One month sacrifice of minimal to zero commerce at the expense of eliminating the virus is worth it. Economy can always recover after.

7 hours ago, XXL said:

I got the impression he was going in Trump's total opposite direction. And that his action was lauded by the public. In this video they're actually saying he prevented medical supplies from reaching their destination?

Of course he is doing better than Trump, anyone on that spectrum is better but, I feel this is a whole trick by the media to sensationalize Cuomo and have #Cuomoforpresident trending as Biden is a weak candidate. His job is to take care of people, heck even Rudy was praised post 9/11. 

4 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

What the US needs is a full-blown lockdown nationwide. Selective lockdown won't work and all lockdown has to be done at the same time so that the virus will be eliminated in all states at the same time also. Doing it selectively will only prolong the predicament. Economy? One month sacrifice of minimal to zero commerce at the expense of eliminating the virus is worth it. Economy can always recover after.

I agree that it should all happen at the same time. 

Guest eroticerotic

Its nice how people are predicting such a peaceful future after we get past the lockdown but that only highlights how stupid we are. HIV should have done that. We got worse.

9/11 should have done that at least in the US. We got worse.

It's going to continue to get worse until The lack of ethics people practice in this day and age, topples it all down. and we are back to wearing fig leaves. and get to start over again hopefully smarter (although I think this has happened a few times already, i.e. Egyptians, Mayans). 

It's not prophecy. It's common sense unless we actually start taking accountability for what we do.

29 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

The man appointed to see us through the pandemic finds time to do this. The United Nations need to call him out on this

What a fucking moron . He was late in declaring coronavirus a public heath emergency of international concern and he took his time before declaring it a pandemic . He said Thailand lacks humanity after we refused to let a cruise ship , Westerdam , dock in our port and gave praise to Cambodia for showing ' international solidarity ' after the ship docked in one of their ports . A few days later one of the passengers was found to be infected while trying to fly back home ( I think to the US ) from Malaysia . 

He's a truly selfish and incompetent moron .

21 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

What a fucking moron . He was late in declaring coronavirus a public heath emergency of international concern and he took his time before declaring it a pandemic . He said Thailand lacks humanity after we refused to let a cruise ship , Westerdam , dock in our port and gave praise to Cambodia for showing ' international solidarity ' after the ship docked in one of their ports . A few days later one of the passengers was found to be infected while trying to fly back home ( I think to the US ) from Malaysia . 

He's a truly selfish and incompetent moron .

🤮 That’s a whole new level of fukkery right there. A complete and utter fool he is !!

3 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

🤮 That’s a whole new level of fukkery right there. A complete and utter fool he is !!

Yep . A complete arsehole .

This is creepy:

Patient Infected With Two Strains of COVID-19 In Iceland

Published March 24, 2020

adobestock_325887851-scaled-e15850502014
f54ddb98ea1c8ee23c1238a5110e7cbd?s=70&d=
Words by
Photo by
Adobe Stock
It’s been confirmed that an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in Iceland has been infected by two strains of the virus simultaneously. The second strain is a mutation of the original novel coronavirus. It is thought that this could be the first recorded dual infection case of this kind.

Speaking to RÚV news yesterday, deCODE CEO, Kári Stefánsson confirmed the unusual infection. It is thought the mutated second strain could be more malicious or infectious because people infected by the dual-strain patient were only found to have the second strain. If this is the case, the virus could be mutating to become more infectious over time. However, Kári was unable to confirm this and suggested it could be a coincidence.

Kári also noted that the mutation found in the sample taken from this dually-infected patient is one that has not been found outside Iceland, according to international databases.

This is just one of the startling new discoveries deCODE has uncovered from its analysis of the genetic sequences of 40 COVID-19 strains found in Iceland. According to Kári, the diversity of genetic sequences found in COVID-19 samples taken in Iceland indicate that the virus was brought to Iceland from a wider range of areas than was previously thought. The main origins of Icelandic infections are currently thought to be Italy, Austria, and Britain. A football match in the U.K. is thought to be the source for seven infections in Iceland.

Kári also estimated that 1% of Icelanders are currently infected. The results of screenings have previously suggested that only 0.5% are infected, but Kári believes the true figure of infections may be higher as many may currently be asymptomatic and as a result not coming forward for tests.

Iceland is fortunate enough to boast some of the best testing capacities in the world right now, although there is currently a EU-wide shortage of medical swabs, which means testing may be more difficult in the coming weeks. Over 10,000 samples have been taken to date, providing Icelandic scientists with invaluable data and allowing the country to become a world leader in research into the genetic make-up of the virus.

https://grapevine.is/news/2020/03/24/patient-infected-with-two-strains-of-covid-19-in-iceland/

It is really weird how easily people would give up their own rights and freedom 😰

Would you get a vacine shot if suddenly bill gates discovers it? 😂

Edited by Cherishisword

I think many are simply not comprehending how long the social distancing is going to need to last in the USA. I’m not speaking of people on this forum, but in general. Many expect that things will start going back to normal by mid April, and that’s unlikely according to reputable sources like The Atlantic and most health experts who are interviewed.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

I think many are simply not comprehending how long the social distancing is going to need to last in the USA. I’m not speaking of people on this forum, but in general. Many expect that things will start going back to normal by mid April, and that’s unlikely according to reputable sources like The Atlantic and most health experts who are interviewed.

it's such a shameofshame. how you been? 

7 hours ago, Shane said:

I recommend every one to read the articles that The Atlantic is publishing. Really well documented, balanced and on point. I think it helps to have a wider vision about the virus. 

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

I have to send you an article karbi, is in spanish, the facts are really interesting

It is. It maps how the three different virus strains now spreading in Spain traveled. It shows for example how the links of our industry with Wuhan (Inditex - Zara) was pivotal. 

Thanks for sharing with me ❤️

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

I recommend every one to read the articles that The Atlantic is publishing. Really well documented, balanced and on point. I think it helps to have a wider vision about the virus. 

Yes, their coverage has been wonderful.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Yes, their coverage has been wonderful.

The Atlantic is one of the best in terms of depth of analysis and credibility of the people who write in it. It is the only magazine to which I still subscribe.

16 hours ago, Cherishisword said:

It is really weird how easily people would give up their own rights and freedom 😰

Would you get a vacine shot if suddenly bill gates discovers it? 😂

Heck no. Never trust a billionaire especially when he’s not even a doctor. 

19 hours ago, Kelmadfan said:

Unfcukingbelievable:

‪The United States Announces Assistance To Combat the Novel Coronavirus - United States Department of State https://www.state.gov/the-united-states-announces-assistance-to-combat-the-novel-coronavirus/#.XoEHJIWdGBw.twitter‬

I highly doubt this is real.

I mean US doesn't have enough these medical supplies & equipment, how the hell they could donate it to others?

Didn't Dumpster screaming at manufacturer reopen defunct plant to make ventilators now? :1251: 

It's contradicting.

1 hour ago, mtzlplk said:

At least the US is now headed in the right direction. Trump had very good advice from Dr. Fauci.

Well, this man has a lot of work to do to, to make good of what he is responsible for during the AIDS epidemic.  People should watch "how to survive a plague" if they don't know about Dr. Fauci.