COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

34 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

What a beautiful woman, RIP!!💙

This crisis has really brought out the best (as in this case) and the worst in people.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

good message from debi..

btw, still annoyed with M going to nyc, even if it's the hamptons. it's so risky. especially with all those people in the house.

Thousands of people are returning to their homes to be with their families. 

Guest jamesshot

Every person on the front lines- janitors, grocery store workers, doctors, nurses, any one in health care, should have their pay doubled or tripled and given free healthcare. 

I hate when I hear people on TV say this is not a time to place blame but it is. Trump was told point blank this was going to happen, the virus was bad, highly contagious and there would be a major disruption to life. What does he do in return- doesn't protect the citizens he is sworn to protect. Instead, he lies, says the flu is worse, says it is a hoax, says cases will be zero within weeks, canceled (although prior to the virus) Obama's pandemic response team, CONTINUES to lie, spread misinformation, BRAG about his ratings, yell at and call reporters childish, elementary level names, traffic in divisiveness, tells Governors who are fighting for their citizens who are dying and sick to be nice or else, and the list goes on and on. Meanwhile, people are dying, sick, losing their jobs, security, minds. This has to be the biggest scandal, tragedy in American history aside from the Civil War. Yet our expectations are sooooooooo low for Trump, ANYTHING he does that is remotely human is praised to the heavens. 

So many states, mostly run by Republicans, were either late in calling for their states to be shut down or flat out refusing to do so because they want to impress Trump. Meanwhile, the rest of us, under most Democratic Governors, have been shut in where and the results are so far positive. However, If those Republican Gov states do not shut down soon, the rest of us will have to be shut down longer because of this.They are prolonging this for all of us. 

Typing this all out is surreal. I have read and reread it and it is hard to process this is real. I never imagined we would have a leader, or should I say "leader", who has acted like this in a time of such tragedy and suffering the likes of which no one alive has experienced. The entire Republican party is complicit. Fingers crossed they are wiped out of most offices come election time because if they are not, lessons will never get learned. 

Hey Mister DR, 
Put the mask on
I wanna distance from my baby...

Corona makes the people come apart
Corona kills the bourgeoisie and the rebel...

CCPvirus ... makes sense, and all the lies China regime has spouted about its death toll. When this epic fuck up is over for good, China should be seriously held accountable and so should the W.H.O.:

21 minutes ago, headonfire said:

When M said those same exact words the press immediately ganged up on her. 

so typical  ugh 😡

M says it: panned ; any other male says literally the same thing after: acclaim, praise, roses and champagne you name it

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

It's horrible that there's not material. It's happening in many countries. I don't agree though with quitting the job, quite frankly.

4 hours ago, ThomasW said:

so typical  ugh 😡

M says it: panned ; any other male says literally the same thing after: acclaim, praise, roses and champagne you name it

Everyone should be slammed for saying that a deadly virus is an " equaliser".  Sickness, care etc is never equal. Richer people have better care, medical help and support than poor people.   There is nothing equal about the Coronavirus. 

This virus is really bringing out the worst in many people. Working at emergency services, we hear it all.  Domestic violence, nastiness, pettiness and continual abuse. Luckily, helpful caring people are there as well to restore faith in humanity. 

13 hours ago, jamesshot said:

Every person on the front lines- janitors, grocery store workers, doctors, nurses, any one in health care, should have their pay doubled or tripled and given free healthcare. 

I hate when I hear people on TV say this is not a time to place blame but it is. Trump was told point blank this was going to happen, the virus was bad, highly contagious and there would be a major disruption to life. What does he do in return- doesn't protect the citizens he is sworn to protect. Instead, he lies, says the flu is worse, says it is a hoax, says cases will be zero within weeks, canceled (although prior to the virus) Obama's pandemic response team, CONTINUES to lie, spread misinformation, BRAG about his ratings, yell at and call reporters childish, elementary level names, traffic in divisiveness, tells Governors who are fighting for their citizens who are dying and sick to be nice or else, and the list goes on and on. Meanwhile, people are dying, sick, losing their jobs, security, minds. This has to be the biggest scandal, tragedy in American history aside from the Civil War. Yet our expectations are sooooooooo low for Trump, ANYTHING he does that is remotely human is praised to the heavens. 

So many states, mostly run by Republicans, were either late in calling for their states to be shut down or flat out refusing to do so because they want to impress Trump. Meanwhile, the rest of us, under most Democratic Governors, have been shut in where and the results are so far positive. However, If those Republican Gov states do not shut down soon, the rest of us will have to be shut down longer because of this.They are prolonging this for all of us. 

Typing this all out is surreal. I have read and reread it and it is hard to process this is real. I never imagined we would have a leader, or should I say "leader", who has acted like this in a time of such tragedy and suffering the likes of which no one alive has experienced. The entire Republican party is complicit. Fingers crossed they are wiped out of most offices come election time because if they are not, lessons will never get learned. 

Totally agree. I have heard people around here (but not me!) think “tRump is doing the best he can for our country....” NO. NO HE’S  NOT!  

This is what too much evangelicalism there is and not enough common sense and sheep-less thinking. 

( Am replying to Promise to Try earlier post ) They also saw it happening in Japan, S. Korea , Hong Kong , Taiwan and  Singapore and even Australia which are

developed ( first world )  countries too and they did almost nothing at all in preparation .  How could they think it wouldn't reach them in these day and age ? 

We've seen a lot of kindness here in Thailand with people giving out free masks , food etc but we've seen a lot of ugliness too such as people charging

over the top prices for necessities such as hand sanitizer .

I still ( STILL ) can not believe that cruise ships are still allowed to operate when most airlines have reduced or grounded their fleets .

I don't blame that nurse one bit. She did not sign up for this crap, to sacrifice her own life or risk her kids life or her family's life. When health workers sign up for this job they are told they will have the adequate protection, supplies. They DON'T. So how can you judge her for prioritizing her own health?