COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

7 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

It's astonishing to see some people not taking this seriously. 

Because it's FLORIDA.

Remember the Springbreak incident? But they didn't learn from the lesson.

In my country we are bombarded with news how hospitals are full, and I live near the main biggest hospital in my town and there is no people in the tends outside of hospital, only army and medical stuff is walking around. I live on 9th floor and I can see everything. Something is really weird about all of this. My best friend is from Italy and she is stuck more then 4 weeks in the apartment, no one died in her circle and no one died in her friends circle. Anyway poor girl broke up with her girlfriend , both of them were fighting all day, now they are not speaking to each other but her girlfriend is stuck in her place 

Edited by Cherishisword

8 minutes ago, Cherishisword said:

In my country we are bombarded with news how hospitals are full, and I live near the main biggest hospital in my town and there is no people in the tends outside of hospital, only army and medical stuff is walking around. I live on 9th floor and I can see everything. Something is really weird about all of this. My best friend is from Italy and she is stuck more then 4 weeks in the apartment, no one died in her circle and no one died in her friends circle. Anyway poor girl broke up with her girlfriend , both of them were fighting all day, now they are not speaking to each other but her girlfriend is stuck in her place 

Unfortunately I do not think its a conspiracy. People ARE DYING hon. And the les girls should thank the quarantine: they would probably hit the same end without it, but in the distant future.

5 minutes ago, elijah said:

Unfortunately I do not think its a conspiracy. People ARE DYING hon. And the les girls should thank the quarantine: they would probably hit the same end without it, but in the distant future.

People are dying every day. 

Italy has 61 million people and in last 10 years every day dies around 2000 people. In last 4 weeks in Italy every day died around 2000 people, but half of them died from diagnosed Corona virus. that is not a "conspiracy"

for me this is just so weird and sad bc I wanna go to work and do my thing. this just sucks 

Edited by Cherishisword

4 minutes ago, Cherishisword said:

Italy has 61 million people and in last 10 years every day dies around 2000 people. In last 4 weeks in Italy every day died around 2000 people, but half of them died from diagnosed Corona virus. that is not a "conspiracy"

for me this is just so weird and sad bc I wanna go to work and do my thing. this just sucks 

Oh just shut up.

1 hour ago, Cherishisword said:

You mean news about the USA?

17 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

You mean news about the USA?

It said Berlin :chuckle: 

are hospitals really full there, I just read something today (US article) that with all infections Germany has the lowest mortality rate, and they were asking the question why that is so.

1 hour ago, Cherishisword said:

?

Oh dear :lmao:

We are in Spain crossing our fingers so the peak has finally happened. Or at least is soon to pass. I hope the rest of the countries don't have to go through this situation. 

Be safe, guys

55 minutes ago, Cherishisword said:

:dead:

oh wow. ok. there's no word, :rotfl:

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

It said Berlin :chuckle: 

are hospitals really full there, I just read something today (US article) that with all infections Germany has the lowest mortality rate, and they were asking the question why that is so.

That's why I was thinking she is talking about the US? This is all over the news. The situation in New York with people in beds in the hallway, a doctor calling it a war zone. I have yet to hear or read about full hospitals in Germany or Berlin. They all have capacities. No shortages in ICU beds. That's why they are able to accept patients from Italy and France. Also, Berlin has set up an emergency plan for hospitals and they are still on Level 1, which means only 16 hospitals are involved, all non vital operations are called of. On Level 2, 16 further hospitals will be added. Then those 32 hospitals have to make 60% of all their ICU beds available for Corona patients. On Level 3, another 10 hospitals will be added. This means all 42 hospitals in Berlin with ICU beds will be dealing with Corona patients. Overall Berlin has 1000 ICU beds. They are currently building a temporary hospital with another 1000 beds on the fairgrounds. The last I have heard is that there are two dozen Corona patients in ICU beds in Berlin. 

Also, can you imagine the sensationalist reports on RTL if there were full hospitals?

I work in a hospital in NJ.  I am not frontline patient facing, but I am aware and can visual see what is going on around me.  It has consumed me, my emotions, my anxiety.  I never thought I would live through something like this.  My co workers are truly heros.  

@Cherishisword Stop clowning around. All of your posts are dumb fictional deranged trash. And you were begging to post in the Lady Gaga thread when you joined which is very suspicious. You’re clearly a troll from some other reductive and bitter forum coming here to cause trouble. Take your games elsewhere. *FLUSH*

The Danish government just announced that the coronavirus lockdown measures in Denmark seem to be working.

Provided that the number of new hospitalisations remains stable for the next two weeks, the Danish government will begin a gradual and controlled opening of the Danish society after Easter.

52 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

@Cherishisword Stop clowning around. All of your posts are dumb fictional deranged trash. And you were begging to post in the Lady Gaga thread when you joined which is very suspicious. You’re clearly a troll from some other reductive and bitter forum coming here to cause trouble. Take your games elsewhere. *FLUSH*

Thanks!

Guest jamesshot
On 3/28/2020 at 6:11 AM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Well, currently there is one particular party and a president of a particular party in power.  Therefore it is perfectly fine to blame them for what they are doing AT THE MOMENT. 

Also, I would like to argue that the state of the social systems in the US is more the doing of the Republican Party. After all, they are the ones proclaiming that the free market is the solution for each and everything. And of course, prayers. 

Thank you! Well said! When you blame both sides neither side is held accountable. Are the Democrats perfect? No. But 80% of the shit that has be brought upon us here in America is the fault of the GOP full stop. They were aided, many times, by conservative Democrats (true conservative Democrats who likely later switched parties). Democrats have been the party all to willing to compromise (which everybody says they want) which has resulted in them supporting (not creating) bad policy.

3 hours ago, runa said:

everyone in that church should be arrested too, if you ask me

Well, they claimed that God will make them immune to the virus... that's what the founder of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus (Christian sect) Lee Man-hee (He claimed he had met Jesus... yeah right) in Korea said and continued having mass gathering despite warning from the local government.

And guess what, they are the one who's responsible for the spike of virus outbreak and became the largest COVID-19 cluster in Korea.

The founder refused to give in initially until the Korean government decided to ask for a murder investigation into that Christian sect, he then admitted he's wrong and be responsible for it and apologized on national TV. 

Meanwhile,

In March 2020, the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) expressed concern that religious freedom rights of Shincheonji members may be violated in South Korea by "exaggerating the church's role in the outbreak," and stated that, "USCIRF has received reports of individuals encountering discrimination at work and spousal abuse because of their affiliation with the church.

Boohoo... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

It's rather transparent, wouldn't you say? :sassy: 

6 hours ago, ThinkOfMe said:

I work in a hospital in NJ.  I am not frontline patient facing, but I am aware and can visual see what is going on around me.  It has consumed me, my emotions, my anxiety.  I never thought I would live through something like this.  My co workers are truly heros.  

Same here I work in healthcare.  I'm not frontline patient facing as well but close enough to see/hear all that's going on.

I share your very sentiments.  You'll be in my prayers along with all the patients/residents and all here 

My heart also goes out to all the medical / healthcare workers . You guys are the heroes and I hope we can all get past this together with the least loss of lives as we possibly can .

It's  heartbreaking having to read the climbing figures of confirmed cases and deaths everyday .

Stay strong , healthy , clean and safe everyone ❤️

Another thing that corona has proved: Monarchy is useless and a waste of money and resources. Hopefully this institution will die along with the virus.

Coronavirus: Thai king self-isolates in Alpine hotel with harem of 20 women amid pandemic

Tens of thousands of Thais risk breaking law to criticise him online

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-thailand-king-maha-vajiralongkorn-grand-hotel-sonnebichl-germany-a9431936.html