COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

57 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Das hat nichts mit Nationalstolz zu tun. Sowas geht mir am A***h vorbei. Mir fällt nur allgemein auf, dass Deutschland immer wieder als Sündenbock herhalten muss. Ich kann nur vermuten, dass Deutschland aufgrund seiner Vergangenheit hier als leichtes Opfer gesehen wird. Wobei man sagen muss, dass Deutschland es den Leuten, die unangemessene Kritik äußern aber auch leicht macht, weil sich Deutschland, insbesondere deutsche Politiker, in gewisser Weise einen Maulkorb verpasst hat. Wahrscheinlich hat man Angst, dass jede Äußerung als eine Art Kriegserklärung verstanden werden könnte. Und machen wir uns nichts vor, es gibt gerade innerhalb der EU Länder, die das dann auch genauso auslegen. In Deutschland hat man mitunter schon den Eindruck, dass Deutschland als Geldgeber gerne gesehen ist, aber sich jegliche Einmischung oder Kritik zu verkneifen hat. Langsam haben die Leute davon aber genug. 

Und RTL? Der Sender ist bei mir gesperrt, Dank Frauke Ludowig und RTL Exclusiv. Alles Madonna Hasser. Auf der anderen Seite sind alle Beiträge mit Madonna Songs hinterlegt. Idioten!

Vielleicht kannst du die Informationen nicht erreichen? Ich habe heute das NDR Info Radio Sendung gehört und nur ein sehr kleines Kommentar war zu hören. Dass die EU in zwei Wochen ein neues Treffen haben wird. Nichts von was passiert.

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Das hat nichts mit Nationalstolz zu tun. Sowas geht mir am A***h vorbei. Mir fällt nur allgemein auf, dass Deutschland immer wieder als Sündenbock herhalten muss. Ich kann nur vermuten, dass Deutschland aufgrund seiner Vergangenheit hier als leichtes Opfer gesehen wird. Wobei man sagen muss, dass Deutschland es den Leuten, die unangemessene Kritik äußern aber auch leicht macht, weil sich Deutschland, insbesondere deutsche Politiker, in gewisser Weise einen Maulkorb verpasst hat. Wahrscheinlich hat man Angst, dass jede Äußerung als eine Art Kriegserklärung verstanden werden könnte. Und machen wir uns nichts vor, es gibt gerade innerhalb der EU Länder, die das dann auch genauso auslegen. In Deutschland hat man mitunter schon den Eindruck, dass Deutschland als Geldgeber gerne gesehen ist, aber sich jegliche Einmischung oder Kritik zu verkneifen hat. Langsam haben die Leute davon aber genug. 

Und RTL? Der Sender ist bei mir gesperrt, Dank Frauke Ludowig und RTL Exclusiv. Alles Madonna Hasser. Auf der anderen Seite sind alle Beiträge mit Madonna Songs hinterlegt. Idioten!

Ja das mit der Vergangenheit stimmt, wir Ösis kennen das auch 😞 .

Die Ischgl-Kritik kam von Punkt 12, weiß um ehrlich zu sein nicht warum ich mir den Scheiß reinzieh, aber manchmal muss ein bisschen Trash sein :rotfl: .

Home-Office stinkt, aber ich bin froh, dass ich nicht gekündigt werden muss wie viele andere jetzt 😞 . 

Haha, das stimmt so total mit Frauke :lol: , die Arschkriecherin.Sie ist mit den Topstars per Du, weißt du? :chuckle: 

Ich schleiban austa be clair, es kumpent üske monstère,
Aus-be aus-can-be flaugen, fräulein uske-be clair

2 hours ago, GOD said:

:rotfl:

2 hours ago, GOD said:

Just made a search on Google, :dead:

Coronavirus: Teenage boy whose death was linked to COVID-19 turned away from urgent care for not having insurance

Mayor confirms teenager’s death with heart-breaking statement: ‘The Friday before he died, he was healthy ... By Wednesday, he was dead’

A 17-year-old whose death was initially linked to the novel coronavirus despite not having any previously reported health conditions was denied treatment at a California medical facility over his lack of insurance, according to the mayor.

R Rex Parris, the mayor of Lancaster, California, confirmed the teen’s death in a video posted to YouTube on Wednesday, in which he warned residents to take the global pandemic seriously and practice self-isolation and social distancing measures. 

“The Friday before he died, he was healthy,” the mayor said about the teenager. “By Wednesday, he was dead.” 

The mayor said the teen “didn’t have insurance, so they did not treat him” when he arrived at an urgent care facility in the area. The medical staff then told the child to go to a local public hospital.

“En route to AV Hospital, he went into cardiac arrest,” the mayor said. “They were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours. But by the time he got there, it was too late.”

The teen’s death comes amid a wave of reports about young victims suffering deadly symptoms from Covid-19, defying previous assumptions that the novel virus was only fatal for some older patients and people with severe underlying conditions. 

Another teen in Louisiana was reported to have passed away this after contracting the coronavirus, as well as a 21-year-old woman in the UK who also had no underlying health issues.

However, Los Angeles’ County Department of Public Health later said the teen’s death was taken off a list of deaths associated with Covid-19 in the area. The department said the CDC would complete an investigation into the teen’s death. It remained unclear what symptoms he may have been experiencing prior to his death.

As health officials warned the country’s hospital system was already reaching capacity, the US confirmed at least 85,000 cases of the coronavirus by Friday. The death toll has meanwhile risen to nearly 1,300, with those figures likely to continue soaring in the coming days. 

New York has seen the vast majority of confirmed cases, with nearly 40,000 in total as the state managed to distribute a significant amount of testing kits despite challenges the federal government had procuring test to send to states across the country. 

Doctors and nurses on the front lines of the unfolding crisis previously told The Independent the virus was impacting young people the same way it was older patients in some cases.

One resident physician from Mount Sinai in New York City issued a stark warning during a Thursday interview.

“Relatively young people — age 30 through 50 — often male, with little to no known past medical history are getting sick from this virus, getting intubated, [and] dying,” they said. “The principles of social distancing are not solely for protecting your grandparents.”

Another New York-area nurse said: “What I really want the public to know is that the old and sick are not the only ones who are getting severely ill and dying from this virus. Both of my patients I took care of over the weekend were in their 30’s. Both with no known past medical history.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-teenager-death-california-health-insurance-care-emergency-room-covid-19-a9429946.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR144GAGhYBuLEpkeov0RxFrcVjQfHS8I0ojb_6GkIurxxAAzvI2WebMVcc#Echobox=1585313812

The corruption and the state we have with the US is caused by both parties.

Blaming only one side, or one person is short sighted. 

15 hours ago, karbatal said:

Well, some were wondering why some countries have more material than others to face the pandemic. Was it because those countries were better prepared or have a more efficient system? Nope. It's because their governments FORBID the companies to sell material to the neighbors while people were dying. Those firms were the official distributors in public Spanish hospitals. 

This is not a blind item. The names are Germany and France. Information by the very serious newspaper La Vanguardia. 

This pandemic is going to change a lot many things.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20200324/4874322651/especulacion-mercado-bloquea-llegada-material-sanitario-espana-coronavirus.html?facet=amp&__twitter_impression=true 

CF0F5814-3589-4A29-A7D3-FE75C7DBB459.jpeg

Better prepared? No one was prepared for that. above is obviously about such things as masks, rubber gloves and clothing. And yes, it is absolutely true that deliveries to foreign countries were stopped. Why? Because the system in the EU is set up that in health crisis each country is on its own. Also the reason why there is no proper response from Brussels. Because technically, it is none of their business. Germany stopping deliveries makes perfect sense since there are not enough of above materials in Germany as well. And why, because a) no one expected such a demand b) those materials are no longer produced in Germany (you know, because labor costs in Germany are so expensive that it lowers the profits of already filthy rich medical companies), they are coming from China c) the delivery chain to China has been cut of because of the situation in Wuhan and d) many deliveries destined for Germany were disappearing from foreign airports all of a sudden. Again, the system is set up that the each country must protect its citizens first. Is it fair? Well, who will answer the question under those circumstances. But what Germany cannot be blamed for, is the number of ICU beds with ventilators. It appears that Germany has a far higher number per capita available than any other country in the so called first world. I have no exact reasons why that is because Germany over the last 20 years has made huge cuts in hospital bed capacities as well. Also, the majority of hospitals in Germany are owned by the federal states or cities they are located in or they are privately owned by companies such as Vivantes. Except for army hospitals, there is hardly any hospital owned by Germany/German government. Again, HealthCare is the responsibilty of each country or community. For any cuts in this particular social system, only the governments of those countries or communities should be blamed for.

If there is already one lesson we have learned from the whole thing, it is that todays delivery chains are not properly working or not working at all in crisis. Why were they created in the first place? To save money. That's why most companies do not have storage anymore. I remember a time, if some part on your car had to be replaced, it was done immediately. Now you have to leave your car for 2 days or longer because the part needed, needs to be delivered from some place far away. Currently, there are so many factories shut down because they rely on parts mostly from China and they can't get them. Even worse, the whole situation with medication. There is an accident in a producing facilty somewhere in India and for months you cannot get a certain type of Ibuprofen or stuff? Now imagine this is medication needed for cancer treatment. Ridiculous. The whole chain is set up for pure greed. This needs to end. And interestingly, it appears that many companies are already planning to switch to a "reliable" delivery chain instead of a "cheap" delivery chain, which now costs them more. In the end this will bring back production to Europe for products that were considered way too expensive to produce in Europe (because of labor costs). 

1 hour ago, GOD said:

Well, currently there is one particular party and a president of a particular party in power.  Therefore it is perfectly fine to blame them for what they are doing AT THE MOMENT. 

Also, I would like to argue that the state of the social systems in the US is more the doing of the Republican Party. After all, they are the ones proclaiming that the free market is the solution for each and everything. And of course, prayers. 

1 hour ago, GOD said:

Gurl I think the people earned a free pass 2 blame Republicans and that retarded orange pseudo dictator u got in the white house right now. 

Better prepared? No one was prepared for that. above is obviously about such things as masks, rubber gloves and clothing. And yes, it is absolutely true that deliveries to foreign countries were stopped. Why? Because the system in the EU is set up that in health crisis each country is on its own. Also the reason why there is no proper response from Brussels. Because technically, it is none of their business. Germany stopping deliveries makes perfect sense since there are not enough of above materials in Germany as well. And why, because a) no one expected such a demand b) those materials are no longer produced in Germany (you know, because labor costs in Germany are so expensive that it lowers the profits of already filthy rich medical companies), they are coming from China c) the delivery chain to China has been cut of because of the situation in Wuhan and d) many deliveries destined for Germany were disappearing from foreign airports all of a sudden. Again, the system is set up that the each country must protect its citizens first. Is it fair? Well, who will answer the question under those circumstances. But what Germany cannot be blamed for, is the number of ICU beds with ventilators. It appears that Germany has a far higher number per capita available than any other country in the so called first world. I have no exact reasons why that is because Germany over the last 20 years has made huge cuts in hospital bed capacities as well. Also, the majority of hospitals in Germany are owned by the federal states or cities they are located in or they are privately owned by companies such as Vivantes. Except for army hospitals, there is hardly any hospital owned by Germany/German government. Again, HealthCare is the responsibilty of each country or community. For any cuts in this particular social system, only the governments of those countries or communities should be blamed for.

If there is already one lesson we have learned from the whole thing, it is that todays delivery chains are not properly working or not working at all in crisis. Why were they created in the first place? To save money. That's why most companies do not have storage anymore. I remember a time, if some part on your car had to be replaced, it was done immediately. Now you have to leave your car for 2 days or longer because the part needed, needs to be delivered from some place far away. Currently, there are so many factories shut down because they rely on parts mostly from China and they can't get them. Even worse, the whole situation with medication. There is an accident in a producing facilty somewhere in India and for months you cannot get a certain type of Ibuprofen or stuff? Now imagine this is medication needed for cancer treatment. Ridiculous. The whole chain is set up for pure greed. This needs to end. And interestingly, it appears that many companies are already planning to switch to a "reliable" delivery chain instead of a "cheap" delivery chain, which now costs them more. In the end this will bring back production to Europe for products that were considered way too expensive to produce in Europe (because of labor costs). 

If you are a firm to DISTRIBUTE material for public health care you can't stop providing because your government wants to keep the material. That sets a dangerous precedent for the EU. From now on all goods should be distributed in every country by a national company? Fine. I hope so. Because Germany and France share half Europe in supermarkets, for example. Let's make Lidl, Kaufland and Auchan operate only in their own counties. Who knows if food will be delivered if there's any shortage. If they stopped vital health material to go to hospitals with people dying, the rest is very likely to happen. 

Well, currently there is one particular party and a president of a particular party in power.  Therefore it is perfectly fine to blame them for what they are doing AT THE MOMENT. 

Also, I would like to argue that the state of the social systems in the US is more the doing of the Republican Party. After all, they are the ones proclaiming that the free market is the solution for each and everything. And of course, prayers. 

26 minutes ago, acko said:

Gurl I think the people earned a free pass 2 blame Republicans and that retarded orange pseudo dictator u got in the white house right now. 

My response was directly to the following headline: 
Teenage boy whose death was linked to COVID-19 turned away from urgent care for not having insurance
I can't solely blame Trump for this poor boy that was turned away for not having insurance. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

The major of Porto has proposed the union of Portugal and Spain as a euro region. :lol: And it's trending like fire with Spaniards saying yeaaaaah! 

We can dream...

actually, a mediterranean region could be a good idea, if the EU goes south

32 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

I hate this thread so much.

Sorry. I think it's mostly (if not all) my fault. I'm always this super opinionated when I'm nervous. I'm not in my best moment in this thread. 

I think of you a lot because you are now working so much and in the very centre of the situation. I send you all my love and I will stop talking about other countries (it's unnecessary in times like these) and will bring some positive vibe. 

Love you ❤️❤️

Best friends 79 yold father has it! 😞 For days was feeling meh/ like a cold...'maybe' MILD fever but not horrible at all. Laid low, took Tylenol around 4 days, seemed to be over it then..abruptly 'couldn't move' but somehow managed to get to cell & call for ambulance. Gets to hospital waited for a bit then admitted to room. THAT night spoke to my friend and she said he sounded totally coherent, alert, 'stabilized' etc...then Oxygen levels abruptly crashed, put on a Ventilator and heavily sedated. ICU nurse told her 'not 1 person' in his state survived. Going on 2 days later she's unable to even get through, get an update etc!! 😞 (FYI he's in the NJ/NYC area) Anyone here know anyone in similar situation where they DID survive? Due to sadistic bonkers US govt. keeping this shit 'down low' for THREE months still only getting schooled w/ in last few days on how bad..horrific this is. Any chance someone in that state can pull through? 

On 3/27/2020 at 9:52 AM, Genevieve Vavance said:

China just reported 55 new cases, you know no way , I mean good if it is so BUT .. :unsure:

Yes, doubt should always be welcomed and applied. Keep in mind though that China is an autocratic country therefore it was possible for authorities to lock down the country without intermediary stages. That's why despite starting there they have managed to break off the contagion quite early on.

I also think they have a return of the virus now. I don't see much transparency in how the West has traced back the origin of this virus and its response to it. Particularly from two Western countries, two very "muscular" countries, the US and the UK

On 3/27/2020 at 12:43 PM, acko said:

Fuck Mark Rutte. I say SOLIDARITY now for all EU citizens.

I don't give a fuck if it costs me my tax money.

Yes

So many technocrats and local politicians are showing their true colours. If the EU as a political construct is only about a common currency and taxation of its 500m citizens then it's to be demolished and rebuilt from scratch. The original 1958 idea was to promote solidarity and a cultural exchange between countries and to avoid more wars on the continent. Now it's really showing that it is anything but. How can you have a common currency and 28 different fiscal systems to begin with? It's insanity. 

The EU must stop serving the banking cartels and start defending people's rights and their well being, otherwise it will be just a cold, mechanical, useless wreck very soon. 

On 3/27/2020 at 2:03 AM, GOD said:

I got the impression he was going in Trump's total opposite direction. And that his action was lauded by the public. In this video they're actually saying he prevented medical supplies from reaching their destination?

On 3/27/2020 at 12:47 PM, runa said:

giphy.gif

:chuckle:

Canada, a beacon of hope in North America and the Western world in general, civilised, clean, cultured, bilingual, education and healthcare are more important than warmongering, job market not as fucked up as in other countries, beautiful scenery, great nature etc 

No butcho macho John Wayne nonsense

21 minutes ago, XXL said:

How can you have a common currency and 28 different fiscal systems to begin with? 

I agree... We need a further (extreme) integration. A proper European constituency, constitution.. social security... An Army. 

On 3/27/2020 at 4:52 PM, Genevieve Vavance said:

China just reported 55 new cases, you know no way , I mean good if it is so BUT .. :unsure:

Imported cases from US, UK & Europe.

That's why they had FINALLY decided to close their border.

But the government has reported an increasing number of imported cases in recent days. It reported 67 new cases of the disease on Thursday, all from abroad.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/26/821972324/china-temporarily-closes-its-borders-to-foreign-nationals

14 minutes ago, XXL said:

:chuckle:

Canada, a beacon of hope in North America and the Western world in general, civilised, clean, cultured, bilingual, education and healthcare are more important than warmongering, job market not as fucked up as in other countries, beautiful scenery, great nature etc 

No butcho macho John Wayne nonsense

Spot ON!! Just all of it. LOL  LOATHE the US now. Un friggin believable its *attached to the entire northern part of the country (thousands of miles where u could have 1 foot in 1 country 1 foot in another) yet SO 200% different now. Pre 2016 was generally basically joined at the hip in most if not all ways. Post 2016 day by day and Canada became more like 3016 while the US regressed back to 1816!!  Besides everything u said perfectly Canada (for some reason) is NOT Murdoch (and the sinister like) infested. Hmm....

On 3/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I suppose, the evil Germans forced the district attorney of Innsbruck to start an investigation. 

In the meantime, the evil Germans have accepted more than 120 Italian and French patients in critical condition to be treated in IC units in German hospitals.

Can we please stop playing the blame game at this moment? It is merely a distraction of the really important things that matter now. 

Why the defensiveness? :lol:

I don't believe anyone thinks any particular population or nationality is evil, anyone in their right mind and with a modicum of education that is

Personally, I certainly don't blame ANY nationality at all. I blame centralised power, now showing its true colours. I blame the technocrats and politicians. They are doing everything they can at the moment to give ammo to all the "exiters" arguments and I really don't like it.

Even France which is generally very much aligned with German political intentions is saying this delaying real tangible action is unacceptable

5 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Spot ON!! Just all of it. LOL  LOATHE the US now. Un friggin believable its *attached to the entire northern part of the country (thousands of miles) and was always generally basically joined at the hip in most if not all ways. Then 2016 and Canada overnight became like 3016 while the US regressed back to 1816!!  

:lol:

Don't get me wrong I love the US too, I grew up with the US Myth, and part of that dream is true, but for a country so advanced in many ways it has shown to be so incredibly backwards in many ways and that's the saddening thing. It's like the media keeps the entire world in a trance lying about the true motives behind wars etc, which are NOT in the interest of ANY population at all, a lie and fabrication start to finish

Because it used to stand for the place where people who were persecuted for religious or other reasons could run to and aspire to create something for themselves. That ideal is completely lost there, it is kind of lost and faded in general in the world now.