COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

1 minute ago, acko said:

I was gonna post

tenor.gif?itemid=11243649

But i don't even think it's funny anymore.

He is the exception.

7 minutes ago, promise to try said:

is boris johnson  positive?

divine justice.sorry.

He'll be fine, the piece of shit. He gets access to all the tests and treatments he could possibly need, unlike others.

3 hours ago, Nonoka said:

The question of shared European debt is not an issue to be treated lightly -  I don't agree with the German or Dutch position, but their concerns aren't pointless. This is something the governments have to sell and explain to their people, and the German population - one of the most supportive for European integration, don't forget - is very divided on this issue. 

Having said that, let's not be one-sided when it comes to the EU's actions. Yes, the leaders of the member states are in disarray, but the European institutions themselves are clearly trying to help as much as they can with their limited competences.

IMO, this epidemic shows all the more again that more federalization and strengthening of European institutions is what's necessary in dealing with international crises. The will and commitment to a strong aid program is clearly there in the EU institutions, but sadly, this is overshadowed in the news again by the endless quarrels between the member states. 

I hope this is a lesson the member states will learn - unfortunately, my fear too is that the opposite thing could happen, i.e. states will channel their frustration against the EU and call for its dismantling. We're already seeing effects in Italy, where Russia is securing a propaganda coup with its helping 'efforts'  (which are mostly a farce only), while the EU is made to look as an ignorant by-stander.

There is practically NO INFO in Bulgaria that it was the EU who helped China in January with medical supplies so its only natural that China gave back a month later to Italy. IN our news its always China and Russia (!!!!) that have helped Italy, while EU has done zero. All lies. EU has deblocked enormous amount of money to help fight this crisis and France and Germany have alone already donated more medical supplies to Italy and Spain than China and Russia. But hey, I guess no-one cares about the facts these days...

Well, Ursula von Der Leyen told Spanish media, that China asked the EU to send the help in a very very discreet way. It seems that China's authorities didn't want to alarm the population (or wanted to save face). That's why the EU help was not reported. 

BTW there's an absolute storm against Germany and Netherlands in Spanish social media right now. Serious media is reporting that Frits Rosendaal, Dutch's expert on pandemics, is criticising Italy and Spain for giving treatment to elderly people. He thinks those beds should be for  others and the elderly should be kept home. He calls our position "the Mediterranean culture about the elderly".

I tried to contrast the info because I'm too appalled for words but I can't find anything in English. I REALLY REALLY hope it's not true.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

BTW there's an absolute storm against Germany and Netherlands in Spanish social media right now. Serious media is reporting that Frits Rosendaal, Dutch's expert on pandemics, is criticising Italy and Spain for giving treatment to elderly people. He thinks those beds should be for  others and the elderly should be kept home. He calls our position "the Mediterranean culture about the elderly".

I tried to contrast the info because I'm too appalled for words but I can't find anything in English. I REALLY REALLY hope it's not true.

Absolutely disgusting, if true.

6 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

But I thought it was a Chinese thing based on what Trump said? 🤦‍♂️

Is it considered American now? What is her nationality? 

5 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

The US has surpassed China and Italy for highest number of cases and Trump thought it was a hoax...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/coronavirus-outbreak-us-latest-trump

I wonder if he and his family gets it, if he would still think of it as a hoax then or what. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Well, Ursula von Der Leyen told Spanish media, that China asked the EU to send the help in a very very discreet way. It seems that China's authorities didn't want to alarm the population (or wanted to save face). That's why the EU help was not reported. 

that wouldnt surprise me from the netherlands. 

If this health crisis is as severe in other countries as is being in Italy and Spain we will see the true colours of some politicians. Not only Johnson and Trump consider that the economy should come first. 

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

few days ago Germany was blaming Ischgl in Austria for spreading the Coronavirus

they are always looking for a scapegoat :confused:

Nice attempt for downplaying the situation in Ischgl. I suppose, the evil Germans forced the district attorney of Innsbruck to start an investigation. 

In the meantime, the evil Germans have accepted more than 120 Italian and French patients in critical condition to be treated in IC units in German hospitals.

Can we please stop playing the blame game at this moment? It is merely a distraction of the really important things that matter now. 

7 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Nice attempt for downplaying the situation in Ischgl. I suppose, the evil Germans forced the district attorney of Innsbruck to start an investigation. 

In the meantime, the evil Germans have accepted more than 120 Italian and French patients in critical condition to be treated in IC units in German hospitals.

Can we please stop playing the blame game at this moment? It is merely a distraction of the really important things that matter now. 

Your trigger word seems to be "Germany"?

Know three people who caught the virus in Ny area. One passed away already. Pretty sad and scary. 

Hope that the quarantining yourself will not be a long term issue. Think it might depend on where you live.

Nyc is f**ked at the moment and social distancing sucks.

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Ich find Nationalstolz nicht so toll , naja aber ich kriege meine Nachrichtenupdates auch von eRteEl, :lmao: vielleicht war das das Problem. :lol: 

Das hat nichts mit Nationalstolz zu tun. Sowas geht mir am A***h vorbei. Mir fällt nur allgemein auf, dass Deutschland immer wieder als Sündenbock herhalten muss. Ich kann nur vermuten, dass Deutschland aufgrund seiner Vergangenheit hier als leichtes Opfer gesehen wird. Wobei man sagen muss, dass Deutschland es den Leuten, die unangemessene Kritik äußern aber auch leicht macht, weil sich Deutschland, insbesondere deutsche Politiker, in gewisser Weise einen Maulkorb verpasst hat. Wahrscheinlich hat man Angst, dass jede Äußerung als eine Art Kriegserklärung verstanden werden könnte. Und machen wir uns nichts vor, es gibt gerade innerhalb der EU Länder, die das dann auch genauso auslegen. In Deutschland hat man mitunter schon den Eindruck, dass Deutschland als Geldgeber gerne gesehen ist, aber sich jegliche Einmischung oder Kritik zu verkneifen hat. Langsam haben die Leute davon aber genug. 

Und RTL? Der Sender ist bei mir gesperrt, Dank Frauke Ludowig und RTL Exclusiv. Alles Madonna Hasser. Auf der anderen Seite sind alle Beiträge mit Madonna Songs hinterlegt. Idioten!

4 hours ago, elijah said:

There is practically NO INFO in Bulgaria that it was the EU who helped China in January with medical supplies so its only natural that China gave back a month later to Italy. IN our news its always China and Russia (!!!!) that have helped Italy, while EU has done zero. All lies. EU has deblocked enormous amount of money to help fight this crisis and France and Germany have alone already donated more medical supplies to Italy and Spain than China and Russia. But hey, I guess no-one cares about the facts these days...

Yes, it's frustrating.

Speaking of this, the Commission just uploaded this fact-sheet on their main website and social media channels, that's at least something...although by far not enough to counter the massive disinformation floating around.

EUDjSHaWoAIsZ2e?format=png&name=4096x409

5 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Yes, it's frustrating.

Speaking of this, the Commission just uploaded this fact-sheet on their main website and social media channels, that's at least something...although by far not enough to counter the massive disinformation floating around.

EUDjSHaWoAIsZ2e?format=png&name=4096x409

Well, I really hope that for the next crisis (hope there isn't but anyways) EU Commission does a better PR. Because sofar China and Russia are miles better at the pr than EU. I know its not time for PR, but I m sure that China and Russia are using this time for exactly that. And its not even PR, the facts must be out.

Well, some were wondering why some countries have more material than others to face the pandemic. Was it because those countries were better prepared or have a more efficient system? Nope. It's because their governments FORBID the companies to sell material to the neighbors while people were dying. Those firms were the official distributors in public Spanish hospitals. 

This is not a blind item. The names are Germany and France. Information by the very serious newspaper La Vanguardia. 

This pandemic is going to change a lot many things.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20200324/4874322651/especulacion-mercado-bloquea-llegada-material-sanitario-espana-coronavirus.html?facet=amp&__twitter_impression=true 

CF0F5814-3589-4A29-A7D3-FE75C7DBB459.jpeg