COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

So sad about Mark Blum (Gary Glass) passing away from COVID-19😢

Just found out my cousin & her hubby are in quarantine at home. They went to Florida a week or so ago. (🤦‍♀️) She says they’re feeling okay but still kinda hit home. Seeing all the news out of NYC today had already been bad, this just was a gut punch.  Their whole family are separated now. My aunt is probably around 86 by now. She’s in quarantine too at her house, because she’d been around them too. Just a nightmarish day. 😢 

12 minutes ago, Kelmadfan said:

So sad about Mark Blum (Gary Glass) passing away from COVID-19😢

Just found out my cousin & her hubby are in quarantine at home. They went to Florida a week or so ago. (🤦‍♀️) She says they’re feeling okay but still kinda hit home. Seeing all the news out of NYC today had already been bad, this just was a gut punch.  Their whole family are separated now. My aunt is probably around 86 by now. She’s in quarantine too at her house, because she’d been around them too. Just a nightmarish day. 😢 

Saddened in reading this

Wishing you and your family all the best

A nightmare indeed

26 minutes ago, runa said:

Aaaaaaaa Hec you’re my hero   :lol:

He would have gone on to repeat the same dramatic shit in every single Corona thread from now till the day the emergency is over  :lol:  Who cares what anyone said two months ago or even a month ago ... Things have progressively evolved and nobody has a fucking crystal ball

2 minutes ago, XXL said:

He would have gone on to repeat the same dramatic shit in every single Corona thread from now till the day the emergency is over  :lol:  Who cares what anyone said two months ago or even a month ago ... Things have progressively evolved and nobody has a fucking crystal ball

Maybe the word I used is incorrect though. The problem in the situation we live is the bunch of fake news and misinformation everywhere, shared by so many people. In the end there is so much info, you don’t know who to believe... Many people are in panic and I don’t think it helps at all... 

That’s kinda mass hysteria to me if 100% of your post are related to the virus. This is obsession and I don’t think it’s healthy at all. That’s a psychologist they need, not a vaccine :lol: People spend way too much of their time reading and watching everything about the virus. 
They should take a little break.

14 minutes ago, runa said:

Maybe the word I used is incorrect though. The problem in the situation we live is the bunch of fake news and misinformation everywhere, shared by so many people. In the end there is so much info, you don’t know who to believe... Many people are in panic and I don’t think it helps at all... 

That’s kinda mass hysteria to me if 100% of your post are related to the virus. This is obsession and I don’t think it’s healthy at all. That’s a psychologist they need, not a vaccine :lol: People spend way too much of their time reading and watching everything about the virus. They should take a little break.

True :laugh:

Not healthy at all

Guest eroticerotic

so nyc now has the highest number of cases in the us. great. lol.  thought NYC would be ambitious and take heed the most as far as protocol, keeping numbers low. this is so crazy!

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

I sincerely hope that no other country goes through what is happening in Italy and Spain. I really hope that this was a case of perfect storm here and the rest of the world stays safe.

its already predicted US will be much worse

5 hours ago, XXL said:

I think the US government and the Trump administration have even managed to do worse than Dumpling Johnson. 

The only prominent American politician worthy of praise is Andrew Cuomo, for everything he's doing for the State of NY. God forbid that state falls because if NY falls the population in between coasts is done or at the very least severely impaired

3 hours ago, runa said:

That’s kinda mass hysteria to me if 100% of your post are related to the virus. This is obsession and I don’t think it’s healthy at all. That’s a psychologist they need, not a vaccine :lol: People spend way too much of their time reading and watching everything about the virus. 
They should take a little break.

But many people are dying, are in critical condition in hospitals, and has a higher death rate than the flu. Plus the possible recession that will follow from people losing their jobs. The virus isn’t something ‘minor’ that people are making a big deal for nothing.

people are worried because it can be life threatening and put them in hospital on life support. Even the young and healthy. And its very very easy to catch and infectious.

12 hours ago, XXL said:

:chuckle: 👍

Idiots will be idiots

The USA has now surpassed China in infected cases and has the most confirmed cases in the world right now.

Stay Strong ( and clean . personal hygiene is a must . DO NOT share things like cutlery /plates / towels etc . Have your own set . WASH YOU HANDS like there is no tomorrow .)

We are fighting this together ❤️

7 hours ago, XXL said:

Saddened in reading this

Wishing you and your family all the best

A nightmare indeed

Thanks. It’s been a rough day. I know there’s people much, much worse off, but it still it’s a swift kick in my gut. 

25 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Drumpf loves being #1! I’m sure he’s elated. (Even though he’s got no idea what elated means, thinks related to some hooker Named Elaine he met At maralago)

11 hours ago, XXL said:

I don't think China is to be blamed squarely for all of this. The US government in particular should stop pointing the finger at China or stupid propaganda tricks calling it the Wuhan Virus rather than COVID-19 or 👑 Virus, as everyone else, everywhere else calls it.

Since China is not to be trusted why does the World Health Organisation feels instead so safe in co-running a Bio4SL Laboratory in Whuan? The most dangerous level of Biohazard laboratories. That is indeed fishy and at the very least highly contradictory. Regardless of the origins of the virus itself. China is not to be trusted, yet they run a laboratory of that kind on their soil? I don't get it. It makes no sense whatsoever

I don't believe China but I certainly do not believe America First Brainwash Drilling either. The US have caused massive poblems in the world 1945 onwards. Let's not even talk about the past twenty years alone

It literally became an Empire and not for the people, of any country, US citizens included

China just reported 55 new cases, you know no way , I mean good if it is so BUT .. :unsure:

What about Portugal calling flat out  "DISGUSTING" the Dutch position on the EU? Portugal, once again, being the cool, fabulous country. 

Mark my words, people, that if Germany and Netherlands keep being this miserable  things are going to change big time. 

5 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

But I thought it was a Chinese thing based on what Trump said? 🤦‍♂️

Wow Germany and Netherlands.... showing their true colors... Even the president of Portugal said it's disgusting what they are saying and doing. The European Union is a farce and now it's showing with no sugar-coating. I doubt the EU will survive after this. Spain and Italy must and will remember what they did. 

REPULSIVE

2 minutes ago, Django said:

Wow Germany and Netherlands.... showing their true colors... Even the president of Portugal said it's disgusting what they are saying and doing. The European Union is a farce and now it's showing with no sugar-coating. I doubt the EU will survive after this. Spain and Italy must and will remember what they did. 

REPULSIVE

What has happened? Cant find any info on google. Its time for federalisation.

18 minutes ago, elijah said:

What has happened? Cant find any info on google. Its time for federalisation.

They basically refused to create a common financial response to the deep economic crisis that will come. But Neverlands absurda prime minister said that Italy and Spain should have saved money these years when economy was so great.

I have no words. Literally. The austerity measures imposed are the reason why our health systems are worse now than 10 years ago. People are dying. Our economy couldn't recover because of the very measures that Germany imposed and have resulted an absolute failure.

Macron has supported Italy and Spain position, along Belgium, Luxembourg and Ireland. 

Now that the UK is out, we can finally point who has been blocking important policies to build a strong EU. And it's always been the very two countries all along. 

The question of shared European debt is not an issue to be treated lightly -  I don't agree with the German or Dutch position, but their concerns aren't pointless. This is something the governments have to sell and explain to their people, and the German population - one of the most supportive for European integration, don't forget - is very divided on this issue. 

Having said that, let's not be one-sided when it comes to the EU's actions. Yes, the leaders of the member states are in disarray, but the European institutions themselves are clearly trying to help as much as they can with their limited competences.

Commission creates first ever rescEU stockpile of medical equipment 

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_20_476

European Commission to develop coordinated ‘exit strategy’ from lockdowns

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/commission-to-develop-coordinated-exit-strategy-from-lockdowns-151026

Commission proposes unprecedented suspension of EU’s fiscal rules 

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/commission-proposes-unprecedented-suspension-of-eus-fiscal-rules/

ECB shakes off limits on new €750bn bond buying plan

https://www.ft.com/content/d775a99e-13b2-444e-8de5-fd2ec6caf4bf

European Parliament Approves $40 Billion Emergency Package

https://www.voanews.com/europe/european-parliament-approves-40-billion-emergency-package

IMO, this epidemic shows all the more again that more federalization and strengthening of European institutions is what's necessary in dealing with international crises. The will and commitment to a strong aid program is clearly there in the EU institutions, but sadly, this is overshadowed in the news again by the endless quarrels between the member states. 

I hope this is a lesson the member states will learn - unfortunately, my fear too is that the opposite thing could happen, i.e. states will channel their frustration against the EU and call for its dismantling. We're already seeing effects in Italy, where Russia is securing a propaganda coup with its helping 'efforts'  (which are mostly a farce only), while the EU is made to look as an ignorant by-stander.