COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

43 minutes ago, karbatal said:

People lives are far more important than any market. I feel proud that this time people mattered more than economy in many countries.

It could actually cause a problem bigger than that. Perhaps kill more people than this virus ever could by itself. You'll see what I mean in a few weeks.

17 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

It could actually cause a problem bigger than that. Perhaps kill more people than this virus ever could by itself. You'll see what I mean in a few weeks.

based on what?

Your own impression or scientifically proven facts ?

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

The alternative is not doing shutdowns and letting the virus spread and run rampant, and the death toll would increase by magnitudes.

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Then blame YOUR government and YOUR social system if an economic crisis bring deaths.

5 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Poor or like me who moved to the US 3 wees ago and (chose the perfect time to move), I signed up for my employer healthcare during the open enrollment window, but it doesn't actually start covering me until April 1 (absolutely nobody tells you this you just find out when you think you got the coronavirus) so now I'm fucking screwed or I pay out of pocket  :lmao:

I really hope ur okay hussy. Don't b 2 cavalier about the situation and take good care of urself x

3 hours ago, Andra said:

Oh sweet jesus. The President of the US tweeting out a NY Post (owned by Murdoch) article about some random guy in Florida touting Chloroquine as miraculously saving him within 3 hours of ingestion from 'certain death', calling it a 'great early result'. Nevermind that the 'journalist' never mentioned  if they actually spoke to any of the physicians involved or verified any of the claims made..... 

FUCK

I started to go from extreme anxiety, fear & panic in these past few weeks to just feeling numb. I’ve stopped trying to see anything in the future. I can’t. I am taking it day by day. Keeping informed (those briefings by NY Gov Cuomo are informative and coherent) but then also watching something else. Or listening to Madonna. Yesterday it was Pink Floyd. 

Ive also began to think about all the things I’m grateful for. That helps too. 

I don’t have many friends. Most of my family are dead. So I’m kinda used to being on my own. It was almost like everything I’ve dealt with these past few years or so has kinda prepared me for this terrible situation. It just took a few weeks to put it all into perspective. 

I read the stories from everyone in this thread and it’s heartbreaking and I pray for all of you that we make it all to the other side of this! 

Peace and love to you all. 🙏🏻💜🙏🏻

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

omg the Twitter comments are all "good done". Have people forgotten that only one week ago this person was defending herd immunity????? ONE WEEK!

:chuckle:

"Weeks..." pfft, stupid Boris. What planet does he live on?

He hasn't learned fuck all from China, Italy, Spain. Measures should be MUCH stricter. The UK should be in full lockdown, precisely because the NHS cannot bloody cope with this outbreak considering the limited amount of beds available and appropriate medical equipment it currently has to provide assistance for those who require it. There should be no bloody leisure walks or jogging, ffs, allowing that people will take it as an invite to go out more than they should and they shouldn't for quite some time. It will not solve itself in a matter of "weeks" as he foolishly put.

Why was this incoherent diddling muppet even allowed to enter into politics in the first place? I bet he is gonna change his tune in less than 72 hr when numbers will go higher in the UK... always too little too late, lazy sod.

Anyway, Bobo Muppet aside...

Wishing every single one of you to be safe and in good health, and keep safe, healthy in every sense, physical and mental - fully aware of how anxiety can take over with worry for loved ones, worry for oneself, fear, panic...

@ULIZOS I wish you well, take care and don't panic, you may not have it - take plenty of fluids, warm food and paracetamol as others have rightly suggested already. Take care and be safe.

@Andra I understand you very well, we don't speak much but I totally feel you - hope the light at the end of the tunnel will come very soon in Italy, my beloved Italy, for all of you. Wish you well.

@karbatal wish you well, hope the situation will soon slow down in Spain as well - be safe, stay safe.

@XXL every time I read Il Corriere della Sera I think of you and my friends there, hopefully there is hope of a ray of light at the end of the day - wish you well man, take care and stay safe

@Kelmadfan stay safe, we will make it through

As for me I take it one day at the time, had very sad days last week, this week starting with not watching any news, no media, nothing in the morning. It helps, especially since I got to focus on work, as I work remotely from home now, I am very busy and will continue to be very busy for a long while so that occupies my mind for a good chunk of the week.

Hope @Jazzy Jan @Butter9 you are both well, please be safe and stay safe - take care

2 hours ago, Kelmadfan said:

I started to go from extreme anxiety, fear & panic in these past few weeks to just feeling numb. I’ve stopped trying to see anything in the future. I can’t. I am taking it day by day. Keeping informed (those briefings by NY Gov Cuomo are informative and coherent) but then also watching something else. Or listening to Madonna. Yesterday it was Pink Floyd. 

Ive also began to think about all the things I’m grateful for. That helps too. 

I don’t have many friends. Most of my family are dead. So I’m kinda used to being on my own. It was almost like everything I’ve dealt with these past few years or so has kinda prepared me for this terrible situation. It just took a few weeks to put it all into perspective. 

I read the stories from everyone in this thread and it’s heartbreaking and I pray for all of you that we make it all to the other side of this! 

Peace and love to you all. 🙏🏻💜🙏🏻

❤️🙏

4 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

Oh sweet jesus. The President of the US tweeting out a NY Post (owned by Murdoch) article about some random guy in Florida touting Chloroquine as miraculously saving him within 3 hours of ingestion from 'certain death', calling it a 'great early result'. Nevermind that the 'journalist' never mentioned  if they actually spoke to any of the physicians involved or verified any of the claims made..... 

FUCK

And others are dying...(although this was not the exact same medication, disinformation is killing people):

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-man-dies-taking-chloroquine-234346609.html

2 hours ago, Gaudet said:

There should be no bloody leisure walks or jogging, ffs

I agree with everything you said except this. Gyms are shut & not everyone has equipment at home, if I couldn't exercise or ever leave the house I'd lose my fucking sanity. :lmao:

This virus is not airborne, It spreads through exhaled droplets of moisture which can land on surfaces that are touched by others. There's nothing wrong with a solo jog or walk if you keep clear of others.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and super thanks @runa! That was extremely helpful and a breath of fresh air after reading so many headlines that are just designed to freak us out and keep us hooked (I'm sure the media is making millions off of this since their ratings are up).

6 hours ago, Gaudet said:

"Weeks..." pfft, stupid Boris. What planet does he live on?

He hasn't learned fuck all from China, Italy, Spain. Measures should be MUCH stricter. The UK should be in full lockdown, precisely because the NHS cannot bloody cope with this outbreak considering the limited amount of beds available and appropriate medical equipment it currently has to provide assistance for those who require it. There should be no bloody leisure walks or jogging, ffs, allowing that people will take it as an invite to go out more than they should and they shouldn't for quite some time. It will not solve itself in a matter of "weeks" as he foolishly put.

Why was this incoherent diddling muppet even allowed to enter into politics in the first place? I bet he is gonna change his tune in less than 72 hr when numbers will go higher in the UK... always too little too late, lazy sod.

Anyway, Bobo Muppet aside...

Wishing every single one of you to be safe and in good health, and keep safe, healthy in every sense, physical and mental - fully aware of how anxiety can take over with worry for loved ones, worry for oneself, fear, panic...

@ULIZOS I wish you well, take care and don't panic, you may not have it - take plenty of fluids, warm food and paracetamol as others have rightly suggested already. Take care and be safe.

@Andra I understand you very well, we don't speak much but I totally feel you - hope the light at the end of the tunnel will come very soon in Italy, my beloved Italy, for all of you. Wish you well.

@karbatal wish you well, hope the situation will soon slow down in Spain as well - be safe, stay safe.

@XXL every time I read Il Corriere della Sera I think of you and my friends there, hopefully there is hope of a ray of light at the end of the day - wish you well man, take care and stay safe

@Kelmadfan stay safe, we will make it through

As for me I take it one day at the time, had very sad days last week, this week starting with not watching any news, no media, nothing in the morning. It helps, especially since I got to focus on work, as I work remotely from home now, I am very busy and will continue to be very busy for a long while so that occupies my mind for a good chunk of the week.

Hope @Jazzy Jan @Butter9 you are both well, please be safe and stay safe - take care

I'm ok . Bangkok has gone into soft Lock Down ( shopping malls and many public areas are closed . Restaurants can only serve food to go -no seating . Supermarkets and pharmacies are open ( almost if not all have run out of face masks ) .  My office is still open but we will implement " work from home ' from next Monday . 

Total cases are not upon to 827 with 4 deaths and 57 recovered and 7 in critical condition . 

I hope you are doing well @Gaudet and take good care .

3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and super thanks @runa! That was extremely helpful and a breath of fresh air after reading so many headlines that are just designed to freak us out and keep us hooked (I'm sure the media is making millions off of this since their ratings are up).

The best thing is funny TV / Movies and that's better to watch than the news. 

Just try to rest as much as you can, and we are here for you. Stay fabulous. x

6 hours ago, MadFan said:

I agree with everything you said except this. Gyms are shut & not everyone has equipment at home, if I couldn't exercise or ever leave the house I'd lose my fucking sanity. :lmao:

This virus is not airborne, It spreads through exhaled droplets of moisture which can land on surfaces that are touched by others. There's nothing wrong with a solo jog or walk if you keep clear of others.

Totally get what you mean

Unfortunately, from yesterday, through an even stricter government bill, they have banned solo jogs too now here in Italy, because of a few morons that didn't get the memo and went jogging in groups of three, five and seven. Sad

Coronavirus outbreak

Italian mayor flies his student daughters out of ‘unsafe’ England

Chief of virus-hit Bergamo says slow British response means they will be safer at home

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/italian-mayor-flies-his-student-daughters-out-of-unsafe-england

The mayor of Bergamo, the city hardest hit by Italy’s coronavirus outbreak, has flown his daughters out of the UK because he says the British government’s response to the pandemic has been too slow.

2703.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

Giorgio Gori, who has led the city since 2014, said the family had taken the decision because he viewed the UK’s response as so inadequate that his children would be safer at home, “even if we are at the centre of the epidemic”.

As of Monday night, there were 6,471 confirmed cases of coronavirus across the province of Bergamo.

Gori told Sky News: “I have two daughters, they are studying in England, one in Taunton in college and the other in Canterbury, she’s doing a master’s.

“And when I saw what the English government was thinking about this problem, I decided to bring them back, because I think that even if we are at the centre of the epidemic, probably they are more secure here than in England, because I don’t understand why the government didn’t decide in time to protect their citizens.”

Italy has been under lockdown for almost two weeks as it tries to contain the virus, which had killed 6,077 people as of Monday night. But there were some signs of progress on Monday, with the rate of new infections in Lombardy beginning to slow.

The situation in Bergamo, a province of 1.2 million people in the Lombardy region, has been particularly intense, with the sheer number of patients and deaths overwhelming hospitals and funeral services.

The army was deployed last week to transport bodies from Bergamo city to neighbouring provinces after the crematorium became overwhelmed.

The British death toll reached 335 on Monday, but critics of the government have accused Boris Johnson of acting too slowly and failing to enact measures that would slow the crisis.

Health secretary Matt Hancock said on Monday that people ignoring advice to stay at home were “very selfish”, adding that the government was willing to take more action if needed.