COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

50 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm scared.

I have some health issues, and the situation is becoming more scary every day. I've been to the market and the supplies are getting bad. People on TV are saying that millions could die, and my father is very meak right now. If he gets the virus, he's history.

And whenever I stop to think about this, I get very scared. Because this virus speads like nothing we've ever seen. And if we have to keep the whole system in lockdown for too long, it will crumble.

And that's what biggest fear is. We can't sustain food, water, energy and money, if everybody's in lockdown. What are we supposed to do?

I connect strongly to some of what you're saying. I'm really concerned about both my parents. They're elderly and have some underlying medical issues which I believe would make it more difficult for them to survive if they contracted the illness.

Also, continue following all precautions, but try not to live in fear. You need to stay calm and level headed even under these trying times.

32 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Dead in a couple of weeks time?

I'm getting an Epstein deja-vu

If only Prince Andrew could be forced to travel to the US and face a US Court of Justice to testify (they're working on it, luckly) or if Epstein could talk from the grave, far more people in prominent places would be exposed and proven to be or have been involved

42 minutes ago, Nick said:

I connect strongly to some of what you're saying. I'm really concerned about both my parents. They're elderly and have some underlying medical issues which I believe would make it more difficult for them to survive if they contracted the illness.

Also, continue following all precautions, but try not to live in fear. You need to stay calm and level headed even under these trying times.

Thank you Nick. I hope you and your loved ones are victorious through this. It is scary in more ways than one, and I don't know what's gonna happen to the financial system. It has a domino effect potential, of a total catastrophe. Let's pray that it isn't the case. Let's stay calm and level headed like you said. It's the best we can do right now

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm scared.

I have some health issues, and the situation is becoming more scary every day. I've been to the market and the supplies are getting bad. People on TV are saying that millions could die, and my father is very meak right now. If he gets the virus, he's history.

And whenever I stop to think about this, I get very scared. Because this virus speads like nothing we've ever seen. And if we have to keep the whole system in lockdown for too long, it will crumble.

And that's what biggest fear is. We can't sustain food, water, energy and money, if everybody's in lockdown. What are we supposed to do?

I completely hear your concerns, especially with a sick, old, or weak parent. It's terrifying. My mom is also immunocompromised because she has ulcerative colitis. It's such a scary time for everyone because we don't know how to cure it, or when it will end.

Stop watching TV if you have to - they're in their glory because this is a ratings gold mine. And if this is any help: the reality is that history has and will always have pandemics, and in terms of mortality rate this one doesn't even hold a candle to another recent one like Ebola (though I appreciate that Ebola is harder to transmit), let alone Spanish flu. We're also in the best and most advanced position that we've ever been in medically and scientifically to fight it. Italy's peak is now expected to be some time between now and the end of next week, and then it should go down. The global position is not too far behind that. We're riding the worst of it now, but it will get better. 💋

1 minute ago, MadFan said:

I completely hear your concerns, especially with a sick, old, or weak parent. It's terrifying. My mom is also immunocompromised because she has ulcerative colitis. It's such a scary time for everyone because we don't know how to stop it, or when it will end.

Stop watching TV if you have to - they're in their glory because this is a ratings gold mine. And if this is any help: the reality is that history has and will always have pandemics, and in terms of mortality rate this one doesn't even hold a candle to another recent one like Ebola (though I appreciate that Ebola is harder to transmit), let alone Spanish flu. We're also in the best and most advanced position that we've ever been in medically and scientifically to fight it. Italy's peak is now expected to be some time between now and the end of next week, and then it should go down. We're riding the worst of it now, but it will get better. 💋

:clap:

Just turn off the news and go find funny memes or watch a funny movie. Worrying helps nothing. If I’m going to die I rather go it laughing not afraid because of the news that’s designed to suck you in and keep you hooked/worried. 

3 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Just turn off the news and go find funny memes or watch a funny movie. Worrying helps nothing. If I’m going to die I rather go it laughing not afraid because of the news that’s designed to suck you in and keep you hooked/worried. 

Precisely

@Dany Targaryen  @Nick

Hold Tight  ❤️❤️❤️

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/opinion/google-covid-trump.html?0p19G=7900

Google Gives Cover to Trump’s Lies

If one of the most powerful tech companies can’t call out the president’s dishonesty, who can?

Mr. Bensinger is a member of the editorial board

merlin_170478432_94b6f3ad-349c-4e7f-8235

President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic has been a case study in a management style marked by falsehoods and intimidation. Rather than risk inviting his ire, subordinates and fellow Republicans covered for him as he delayed a coordinated response to the coronavirus and it felled nearly 200 Americans.

His political allies haven’t been the only ones to fall into line. Just look at the way the president co-opted Google.

While declaring the national emergency last Friday, President Trump announced that he had enlisted Google to create a broadly available website to help facilitate testing for the virus. He said that 1,700 engineers were working on the site and had “made tremendous progress.”

It sounded ambitious and promising. If only it were true.

What followed were attempts by Google to placate the president and a mad scramble to get done what he’d said it was already doing.

So, I'm basically sure I got it, and I'm really fucking annoyed with how there're 3081408103903084098 articles about stupid shit like "coronavirus can last up to 4 - 48 hours on surfaces" but I can't find anything on what to actually do. 

Since I feel kind of bad, basically like the flu, but not terrible, I THINK I should just stay home? And only go out into the world to find medical help if I can't breathe?

Anyway, if I die I want to be displayed like this, k? thanks 

Edited by ULIZOS

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

So, I'm basically sure I got it, and I'm really fucking annoyed with how there're 3081408103903084098 articles about stupid shit like "coronavirus can last up to 4 - 48 hours on surfaces" but I can't find anything on what to actually do. 

Since I feel kind of bad, basically like the flu, but not terrible, I THINK I should just stay home? And only go out into the world to find medical help if I can't breathe?

Anyway, if I die I want to be displayed like this, k? thanks 

Isn't there some kind of protocol in Mexico? Is Mexico in a lockdown? 

@Kelmadfan Thanks for your kind massage . We are now at 721 confirmed cases . I hope all is well with you too 🙏

23 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

@Kelmadfan Thanks for your kind massage . We are now at 721 confirmed cases . I hope all is well with you too 🙏

Thank you, as well. You’re most welcome. I’m just in a holding pattern living day to day. Grateful for what I have. Hoping we all get through this together. 💜

42 minutes ago, PDC717 said:

What is he talking about? Is he having a stroke? Is the coke extra strong tonight?

He is basically saying - the health of the stock market might just have to take precedence over the health of US citizens and the rest of the world in 15 days (when that starts and ends who the fuck knows). At that time he could choose to end lock-downs and push people back to work and be back to calling it basically just the flu and saying that fewer people will die from it than if the economy is crashed and millions and millions are unemployed and forced into poverty which will 'cause more deaths'. This is based off something Steve Hilton said on The Next Revolution on Fox News (using reporting on an estimated 130,000 preventable deaths in the UK due to 'austerity measures' as his proof point - which is really quite dishonest when in actual fact the study he is citing was specifically addressing the impacts of underfunding of public healthcare. What is especially galling is that Hilton was Chief Strategist to PM David Cameron during the period of time when this underfunding occurred........)

Everything Trump tweets out can usually be traced back to something said on Faux News

FUCK THIS EVIL PIECE OF SHIT

59 minutes ago, Kelmadfan said:

Thank you, as well. You’re most welcome. I’m just in a holding pattern living day to day. Grateful for what I have. Hoping we all get through this together. 💜

We will 💛

Take good care .

4 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

He is basically saying - the health of the stock market might just have to take precedence over the health of US citizens and the rest of the world in 15 days (when that starts and ends who the fuck knows). At that time he could choose to end lock-downs and push people back to work and be back to calling it basically just the flu and saying that fewer people will die from it than if the economy is crashed and millions and millions are unemployed and forced into poverty which will 'cause more deaths'. This is based off something Steve Hilton said on The Next Revolution on Fox News (using reporting on an estimated 130,000 preventable deaths in the UK due to 'austerity measures' as his proof point - which is really quite dishonest when in actual fact the study he is citing was specifically addressing the impacts of underfunding of public healthcare. What is especially galling is that Hilton was Chief Strategist to PM David Cameron during the period of time when this underfunding occurred........)

Everything Trump tweets out can usually be traced back to something said on Faux News

FUCK THIS EVIL PIECE OF SHIT

I can’t even look at his disgusting face or hear his vile voice. 🤬

The sad thing is that with no real health care system the US will be hit like a third world country within the richest country in the world.
So sad for those who are 'poor'.

7 hours ago, PDC717 said:

What is he talking about? Is he having a stroke? Is the coke extra strong tonight?

The more he opens his mouth, the lower the Dow Jones goes.

All his predecessors know how to keep their mouth shut during the day and only making annoucement after the market close.

Maybe it's too early to say, but it seems that the contagion is slowing down in Lombardy. Yesterday the numbers of reported deaths and infected people reduced by half, despite being still high. We're hopefully starting to see the effects of the country lockdown.

1 minute ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Maybe it's too early to say, but it seems that the contagion is slowing down in Lombardy. Yesterday the numbers of reported deaths and infected people reduced by half, despite being still high. We're hopefully starting to see the effects of the country lockdown.

Yes. I cross my fingers and pray that today it goes down as well 

The Danish Prime Minister just announced that all coronavirus emergency measures in Denmark will be extended up to and including 13 April.

Leading virologists expect that daycare facilities, schools and universities will have to remain closed until August.

10 hours ago, elijah said:

Isn't there some kind of protocol in Mexico? Is Mexico in a lockdown? 

I just moved to the US and it’s a mess. My private healthcare doesn’t cover me until April 1, and I seriously don’t know what to do. 

2 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Daily death toll in Italy was still over 600, only dropped about 100 from the day before.