Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Farage's speech at the EU, what an asshole.

WHY is the GP still stanning raging awful assholes since 2016 and stronger and scarier than ever 4 years later! When the fuq when this END? Eerie but prob. NO coincidence EXACT same day separate but equal shiate happens in the US w/ the Senate today! Worst day since he 'won' then the entire day of 11/9/16. 'That' same feeling of loss, evil winning & despair. These sinister fckers all know 'what' they're doing worldwide.  

I feel as though we're on this trajectory toward peril that we just can't stop, until the breaking point. There's too much momentum and too much to undo.

It's sad, and scary.

4 hours ago, horn said:

Will Scotland & Northern Ireland leave United Kingdom?

It will be interesting to watch, as Spanish perspective, how London manages intentions of a second referendum in Scotland. We're managing so badly the situation in Spain but I feel it's not very easy to handle when there's a real danger of leaving. 

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

The UK is still in Europe. It has not moved continents. 

no ?
Ooooh. I thought they would belong to Scandinavia from now on, or Russian continent. 
I'm all mixed up.

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

It will be interesting to watch, as Spanish perspective, how London manages intentions of a second referendum in Scotland. We're managing so badly the situation in Spain but I feel it's not very easy to handle when there's a real danger of leaving. 

The whole world was condemning Catalonia for trying to be get out of Spain and fighting for freedom & independence. 

The Spain government even removed the entire Catalan government and imprisoned the ministers. No one says a word, not Trump, not Theresa, and not even the SJW.

2 years later, HK did the same thing for trying to get out of China and fighting for freedom & independence BUT the whole world condemned China for not letting HK go.

Hypocrisy :rolleyes: 

Let's see if the world would condemn Scotland and/or Northern Ireland for trying to get out of UK.

15 hours ago, horn said:

The whole world was condemning Catalonia for trying to be get out of Spain and fighting for freedom & independence. 

The Spain government even removed the entire Catalan government and imprisoned the ministers. No one says a word, not Trump, not Theresa, and not even the SJW.

2 years later, HK did the same thing for trying to get out of China and fighting for freedom & independence BUT the whole world condemned China for not letting HK go.

Hypocrisy :rolleyes: 

Let's see if the world would condemn Scotland and/or Northern Ireland for trying to get out of UK.

It's not the same to compare both situations. Just for the record the Catalonian gov was not removed nor were all in jail. And nobody in Catalonia is fighting for freedom, unless freedom is creating your own country. Taiwan is rebelling against a dictatorship.

When I say we're managing the situation badly I mean from BOTH parts. Nobody here is explaining the cost of independence and the bourocracy nightmare, for example. Or who pays the retirement pension. Or what happens with the euro in Catalonia, or the border... 

If Scotland is independent and the practical plans to make it successful are public, maybe it helps to solve other situations. 

On 2/1/2020 at 8:45 AM, horn said:

Will Scotland & Northern Ireland leave United Kingdom?

I think nothing is written in stone yet. All those conservatives that for three fucking years couldn't vote Theresa May's plan yet suddenly and mysteriouly gathered around that clown Johnson are still going to face the EU apparatus in terms of deal negotiation. There is still after all the possibility of a no deal by December 31 2020, that's the EU deadline. And in any case very little would change, just like Norway's case they never wanted in the EU but de facto have to abide by all its treaties and regulations. Boris Johnson or anybody else in British politics is a deluded mess by still winking at a declining power like the US, declining in terms of its currency considered good reserve currency globally, indebted to the sky because of the constant wars based on lies etc etc

The truth is that some people still think that this are the Empire days (in case of Britain) or the 40s and 50s when the US was "crowned" saviour of the world

@runa  darling :laugh:

Europe is geographically speaking a continent. A state in the European area could not be a EU member state but still be part of Europe (the continent) and not the political construct. The British Isles are of course not part of mainland Europe being islands but they are nonetheless part of the European continent

:kiss2:

Just a little clarification

2 hours ago, XXL said:

I think nothing is written in stone yet. All those conservatives that for three fucking years couldn't vote Theresa May's plan yet suddenly and mysteriouly gathered around that clown Johnson are still going to face the EU apparatus in terms of deal negotiation. There is still after all the possibility of a no deal by December 31 2020, that's the EU deadline. And in any case very little would change, just like Norway's case they never wanted in the EU but de facto have to abide by all its treaties and regulations. Boris Johnson or anybody else in British politics is a deluded mess by still winking at a declining power like the US, declining in terms of its currency considered good reserve currency globally, indebted to the sky because of the constant wars based on lies etc etc

The truth is that some people still think that this are the Empire days (in case of Britain) or the 40s and 50s when the US was "crowned" saviour of the world

Interestingly the deadline was set by Boris Johnson. From my perspective, the moment all lies will be revealed. The UK will end up with the Norwegian model and in result pay billions and will still need to obey EU rules and regulations. In the end, nothing has really changed except that they have lost all influence. But they will have a "great" deal with the US. Mark my words, the NHS will be on table, no matter what Johnson or any other conservative or Brexit Party member will tell you.

And can we talk about this asshole Nigel Farage. What a disgusting show he gave. This guy is such an idiot. His call for other countries to leave the EU, namely Poland and Hungary? He thought the EU would consider that a threat? I'm sure, most of Europe thought "Yes, please. Yes leave. The sooner, the better." The most contstant offenders in the EU are the most heavily subsidized by the EU. As if they would leave the EU on their own. Seriously? Why should they? The EU is not even penalizing them for all their offences, in fact still transfers billions in subsidies to them.  

6 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Interestingly the deadline was set by Boris Johnson. From my perspective, the moment all lies will be revealed. The UK will end up with the Norwegian model and in result pay billions and will still need to obey EU rules and regulations. In the end, nothing has really changed except that they have lost all influence. But they will have a "great" deal with the US. Mark my words, the NHS will be on table, no matter what Johnson or any other conservative or Brexit Party member will tell you.

And can we talk about this asshole Nigel Farage. What a disgusting show he gave. This guy is such an idiot. His call for other countries to leave the EU, namely Poland and Hungary? He thought the EU would consider that a threat? I'm sure, most of Europe thought "Yes, please. Yes leave. The sooner, the better." The most contstant offenders in the EU are the most heavily subsidized by the EU. As if they would leave the EU on their own. Seriously? Why should they? The EU is not even penalizing them for all their offences, in fact still transfers billions in subsidies to them.

Amen

Couldn't have said it better

When I recently heard they have just released a new commemorative 50p coin in celebration of the country finally leaving the EU I have been laughing so hard for three straight days. These are exactly the kind of empire nostalgia meaningless endeavours that I have often referred to in this thread

The truth is Britain joined the EU when it was convenient to them and their crushed economy in the mid 70s, already received a myriad concessions, from border control to keeping the pound sterling, what else did they want? But they didn't mind benefitting from the rich subsidies coming from Brussels, did they?

This is not a world that can function country by country but it has a tendency to interrelate by blocks. Looking at the old model of keeping one foot in Europe and two others in the US being constantly subservient to them, keeping being friends of Israel who is in violation of several UN legislation points, keeping pouring money into Gulf Countries, namely Saudi Arabia the main scandalous example and provoking other countries into war and conflict is the old and wrong way of doing things

If all these people don't stop playing this greedy, brutal, warring, nonsensical game then there's no way WW3 won't happen. But then don't tell people that Russia, Iran and China are the bogus man 

28 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

But they will have a "great" deal with the US. Mark my words, the NHS will be on table, no matter what Johnson or any other conservative or Brexit Party member will tell you.

This above all

Disgusting

34 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Interestingly the deadline was set by Boris Johnson. From my perspective, the moment all lies will be revealed.

:chuckle: