Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Brexit / British politics thread 🤡


Suedehead
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't understand. I was always under the impression that only the Queen can declare someone a Lord or that Lord is actually a title that can only be inherited since they are the British aristocracy? Whereas almost everyone can become a sir or dame. For achievements in the arts or sports for instance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what about that horrible human Tim Martin of JD Wetherspoon pubs? That huge brexiteer now crying since he has not enough staff because there is no access to EU workforce. That idiot now wants easy access for EU citizens to the British labor market. Well, I guess, to the minimum wage labor market. Jobs no Brit wants to accept. His stupidity is astounding. And can you imagine working as a European, most likely with an accent, at one of those pubs, serving Brexiteers, most likely even bullied by. Now that's what I call a toxic atmosphere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I don't understand. I was always under the impression that only the Queen can declare someone a Lord or that Lord is actually a title that can only be inherited since they are the British aristocracy? Whereas almost everyone can become a sir or dame. For achievements in the arts or sports for instance. 

No they're a mixture of peerages (hereditary) and govt appointed that Lizzie just signs off like she does everything. 

25 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And what about that horrible human Tim Martin of JD Wetherspoon pubs? That huge brexiteer now crying since he has not enough staff because there is no access to EU workforce. That idiot now wants easy access for EU citizens to the British labor market. Well, I guess, to the minimum wage labor market. Jobs no Brit wants to accept. His stupidity is astounding. And can you imagine working as a European, most likely with an accent, at one of those pubs, serving Brexiteers, most likely even bullied by. Now that's what I call a toxic atmosphere. 

I suspect this is what a lot of them wanted - the cheap labour but without the rules and protections of the EU.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I've been hearing about shortage in fuel, some products missing in supermarkets and an overall crisis in regards of truck drivers that many try to deflect blaming on retirement (??).

So what's really going on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

So I've been hearing about shortage in fuel, some products missing in supermarkets and an overall crisis in regards of truck drivers that many try to deflect blaming on retirement (??).

So what's really going on?

Yeah we're heading into a winter of food and fuel shortages and an energy crisis. Nothing at all to do with the B WORD that no one is allowed to mention.

Jealous much?

mail 1.jpg

 

mail 2.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do they really think that is happening in the rest of Europe? 

Frankly, I hope people there and in the rest of the so called First World realise that immigration is vital to our lives. What we should do is give decent fair wages and rights to the migrants instead of sending them back home! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and it's not only truck drivers. Then there's agriculture workers too. And soon it will be health care workers. 

And in the end they will have a free movement agreement and a free trade agreement with all the obligations of being in the EU and none of the benefits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Are people blind or do Britons not have access to the internet to see that this is a GB problem only. I mean wtf, this ain’t the 1970s :lmao:

I saw a poll where the top reason for this situation as per the responded was retirement. Seriously wtf. Do they really think truck drivers reached retirement age en masse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I saw a poll where the top reason for this situation as per the responded was retirement. Seriously wtf. Do they really think truck drivers reached retirement age en masse?

Long live Murdoch’s Sun and the BBC …

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing is, the truck driver shortage in the UK solved some issues in western Europe. None of the truck drivers that had to leave the UK are unemployed. They were all hired by German and Dutch companies. They make as much money or more than they used to in the UK. And they are closer to their families since drivers are mainly from Eastern Europe. And they are treated with way more respect now. The UK wants them to come back? Those drivers don't give a f*ck. 

The fact, that the real custom controls at UK borders have not even begun, should be a grim outlook for what's to come considerding how dire the situation is already. But of course, none of this has anything to do with Brexit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, karbatal said:

Frankly, I hope people there and in the rest of the so called First World realise that immigration is vital to our lives. What we should do is give decent fair wages and rights to the migrants instead of sending them back home! 

Thank you very much. All of this is common sense and it makes one wonder why there are still people, politicians, companies not acting accordingly. Some industries are running out of workers, mainly because they still do not pay decent wages. In fact they find the most stupid excuses why they don't find people for hire. In the end, their very own stupidity will destroy their businesses. 

Here is an example: In Germany it is a huge issue in the hospitality industry. Once hotels and restaurants were allowed to re-open (Well, technically hotels did not have to close. They were not allowed to welcome tourists for many months, but business travelers were allowed. Of course, many of them closed because it was unsustainable without tourists and only a fraction of business travel in times of home office.), they realized, their staff was gone. Why? Because they looked around in other industries and quickly realized, they can much as much or much more money for less work in other industries. In fact, this is going on for years now. Yet, business owners and managers are turning a blind eye and find the most ridiculous explanations why people are no longer willing to work in hospitality, when the answer is really simple: money and work/life balance. Their ignorance will be their own demise. And they deserve it. 

And yes, immigration is the only solution. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The fact, that the real custom controls at UK borders have not even begun, should be a grim outlook for what's to come considerding how dire the situation is already. But of course, none of this has anything to do with Brexit. 

Just this week they quietly announced they'd put back (for the third time) implementing border checks till some time in 2022. Smugglers paradise. Not exactly the "taking back control" of borders that they promised.

A country with a proper media would be all over this stuff of course instead of actively covering it up....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people are not precisely stupid. I've always considered people really intelligent. Another thing is if it's easier to stomach that version than the harsh reality.

Nobody likes being wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I think people are not precisely stupid. I've always considered people really intelligent.

This wouldn't be the biggest selling newspaper (in England) if we were dealing with an intelligent populace... let's be real...

sun.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kjqtwv4x7jp71.png

Well, those CEOs and VPs who make 500x the amount of the frontline workers better roll up their sleeves and get to work. They shouldn’t have a problem doing the work of a few thousand people each right? Seeing as how they’re the “top talent” and all that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kim said:

This wouldn't be the biggest selling newspaper (in England) if we were dealing with an intelligent populace... let's be real...

sun.jpg

 

:lol: 

Yes I get what you mean. But what I mean is that many times people simply want to read or listen to what reaffirms their position and blocks the fears. But inside they know. 

By the way, I'm always very very happy when you get back to the forum ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:lol: 

Yes I get what you mean. But what I mean is that many times people simply want to read or listen to what reaffirms their position and blocks the fears. But inside they know. 

By the way, I'm always very very happy when you get back to the forum ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thank you darling 😘

Yeah I get what you mean, but stupid people are still stupid people.

I still laugh at how The Sun changes their stance for their Scotland edition - what with us being a "united" kingdom and all... but a fine example of media manipulation/capitulation

bozz.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, karbatal said:

I think people are not precisely stupid. I've always considered people really intelligent. Another thing is if it's easier to stomach that version than the harsh reality.

Nobody likes being wrong. 

People are not that dumb when on their own. They can be surprisingly considerate. But in hives and hordes they are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Kim said:

Britain in 2021. More and more like a FAILED STATE every day. 

 

Heard this on the news today. Irony is a bitch, isn’t it? The same assholes who yelled all of these fascist slogans against immigrants (aka EU members who were allowed to travel and work within the EU and therefore also in the UK at that time) to realize their wet dream of Brexit, “just now” realize that truck drivers and “staff” are missing.
I know I’m a bad person but I cannot stop laughing over this insanity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...