Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

26 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Heard this on the news today. Irony is a bitch, isn’t it? The same assholes who yelled all of these fascist slogans against immigrants (aka EU members who were allowed to travel and work within the EU and therefore also in the UK at that time) to realize their wet dream of, realize “just now” that truck drivers and “staff” are missing.
I know I’m a bad person but I cannot stop laughing over this insanity. 

Oh I think it's hilarious. I'm long past pretending to have understanding for thick arseholes who've fucked themselves over because they didn't really like that couple with the funny accent that stay in the next street.

Anyway they're now saying they'll allow 5k (lol) temporary 3 month (lol) visas for any foreigner who wants to come over, get shouted at in the street, work under shit conditions, then fuck off home on Christmas Eve or else be forcibly removed. I'm sure they're just queuing up for such an offer...

Debased cunts with memories of convenience that only acknowledge their needs at present deserve to be roughed up by the universe. Actions have consequences and consequences bring understanding (in theory).

41 minutes ago, elijah said:

How much till Britain rejoins EU or at least Scotland and united Ireland? 😐

I hope at least Scotland. 

About the rest,, I think some agreement will be reached similar to the one with Norway, Iceland and such.. It includes the basic freedoms and rights, including freedom of movement,, but the London government will sell the idea that the country is free from Brussels bourocrats.

35 minutes ago, elijah said:

How much till Britain rejoins EU or at least Scotland and united Ireland? 😐

No British party has rejoining the EU as part of their manifesto. Only the SNP in Scotland.

The Northern Ireland protocol keeps them in the single market remember, so the only part of the UK that didn't get what it voted for is Scotland.

All quite galling when you consider that we are a net exporter of energy yet are caught up in all this shit because of the political choices of another country.

7 hours ago, Kim said:

No British party has rejoining the EU as part of their manifesto. Only the SNP in Scotland.

The Northern Ireland protocol keeps them in the single market remember, so the only part of the UK that didn't get what it voted for is Scotland.

All quite galling when you consider that we are a net exporter of energy yet are caught up in all this shit because of the political choices of another country.

The Scotland situation is really absurd. The least Boris could have done if he wanted to keep UK united is negotiate the same deal for Scotland that he did for Northern Ireland...

13 hours ago, elijah said:

The Scotland situation is really absurd. The least Boris could have done if he wanted to keep UK united is negotiate the same deal for Scotland that he did for Northern Ireland...

Nah, that would just highlight even more the need for Scotland to permanently get away from an England/Wales that's eating itself. Better for them that we all face the same shit.

The Irish situation is different because, well...they have a history of blowing people up and so the peace agreement between north and south needs to stay in place, which it won't if a hard border (for goods and services) is erected again.

9 hours ago, Kim said:

Nah, that would just highlight even more the need for Scotland to permanently get away from an England/Wales that's eating itself. Better for them that we all face the same shit.

The Irish situation is different because, well...they have a history of blowing people up and so the peace agreement between north and south needs to stay in place, which it won't if a hard border (for goods and services) is erected again.

Yes, the Good Friday agreement… but I never thought that Scotland was de facto the only part of UK that didn’t get what they voted for. NI at least is within the common market. And you are right, it would probably have led to a quicker split of Scotland with the other parts of UK

Always worrying when it's left up to foreign media to print the truth...

Britain Is Heading Into a Nightmarish Winter

LONDON — Long lines outside gas stations. Panicked drivers fighting one another as the pumps run dry. Empty supermarket shelves. Soldiers deployed to distribute fuel across the country. And in the background, the pandemic stretching on, food rotting in fields and families sinking into poverty. This is Britain in 2021.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/01/opinion/britain-fuel-crisis-johnson.html?smid=tw-share

19 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

And yet the majority in mostly England votes for this horrible boil. 

I'm sure they think it's because the French this, Merkel that, Corona this, Carbon Zero policies that...

On 10/2/2021 at 9:51 PM, Kim said:

Appalling sociopath.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:41 AM, karbatal said:
On 10/2/2021 at 9:51 PM, Kim said:

Appalling sociopath.

Expand  

I would say psychopath

23 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

And yet the majority in mostly England votes for this horrible boil. 

I will NEVER understand how people in the UK can accept the callousness of this government. He is a heartless idiot who people just shrug off. 

4 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I will NEVER understand how people in the UK can accept the callousness of this government. He is a heartless idiot who people just shrug off. 

He hates the same things they hate. 

That is how sociologists explain the rise of Trump and most far tight groups in Europe. 

It's Twitter turned into politics: slam those who think differently and celebrate their problems even if that affects you too. 

On 10/3/2021 at 4:13 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

I just love his silly hair, hehe

On 10/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, Kim said:

Always worrying when it's left up to foreign media to print the truth...

Britain Is Heading Into a Nightmarish Winter

LONDON — Long lines outside gas stations. Panicked drivers fighting one another as the pumps run dry. Empty supermarket shelves. Soldiers deployed to distribute fuel across the country. And in the background, the pandemic stretching on, food rotting in fields and families sinking into poverty. This is Britain in 2021.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/01/opinion/britain-fuel-crisis-johnson.html?smid=tw-share

They just interviewed some Tories for a German news station this morning and apparently it’s all just some „bumpers on the road“. Don’t you worry. They have everything under control and this was to be expected. All is well. :manson:

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Oh never mind that. Have some fish n chips, hehe.

Kim, it is like some kind of bizarre nightmare. Special gathering of brainless bimbos and morons with Boris as the admired dopey clown king. My God, he makes Australians bogans look super intelligent. To think he is the Prime Minister.