Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

5 hours ago, nightcutter said:

But he has funny untamed blonde hair Jan. 

And he comes across as so cuddly and... different. Like he could be one of us...

Seriously, loads of Brits fell for this friendly bumpkin act. He came across to many as likeable and relatable when the exact opposite was the case. I despaired when he was elected PM.

Yes, I watched a great documentary on him which basically said he relied on that friendly stupid image to get away with everything. The thing is, why do people want a dopey person as their leader anyway. Incompetent stupid people as leaders or bosses are always both ruthless and cunning underneath to both fool people and save their own skins. 

3 hours ago, Kim said:

These any good, Jan?

tenor.gif

Yes 😀 If you like rich chocolate biscuits which are gooey inside, they are delicious.

Is that sexist moron Tony Abbott ( our hated ex PM ) still advising Boris on trade ?  

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes, I watched a great documentary on him which basically said he relied on that friendly stupid image to get away with everything. The thing is, why do people want a dopey person as their leader anyway. Incompetent stupid people as leaders or bosses are always both ruthless and cunning underneath to both fool people and save their own skins. 

But if that population support him and like what he's doing then...?

I mean, this was from a few days ago, same week as we reached 100k dead and the worst death toll in Europe...

Just now, Kim said:

But if that population support him and like what he's doing then...?

I mean, this was from a few days ago, same week as we reached 100k dead and the worst death toll in Europe...

Yes, it is mind boggling and crazy how he is still so supported. He is the leader in a pandemic that has cost thousands of lives and he has never had a plan or anything.  I would of thought people would be disgusted in him and his heartless party, but he just keeps chugging on. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes, it is mind boggling and crazy how he is still so supported. He is the leader in a pandemic that has cost thousands of lives and he has never had a plan or anything.  I would of thought people would be disgusted in him and his heartless party, but he just keeps chugging on. 

There's no effective opposition in England and they just keep on voting Tory regardless. All the rest of us can do is try and get out somehow *shrug*

On 1/29/2021 at 9:55 PM, Suedehead said:

I really doubt it'll be a Tory majority in the next general election although the way things are going you never really know. SMH.

Well plans are afoot to make sure that nothing but right wing propaganda is pumped into homes in the coming months/years.

Major Tory donor Richard Sharp appointed as new Chairman of the BBC, Paul Dacre (Daily Mail nutter) who doesn't believe in press regulation tipped as Johnson's favourite to chair OFCOM and the launch of Britain's very first 24hr Fox News style channel, GB News.

Not looking good I'm afraid.

27 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well plans are afoot to make sure that nothing but right wing propaganda is pumped into homes in the coming months/years.

Major Tory donor Richard Sharp appointed as new Chairman of the BBC, Paul Dacre (Daily Mail nutter) who doesn't believe in press regulation tipped as Johnson's favourite to chair OFCOM and the launch of Britain's very first 24hr Fox News style channel, GB News.

Media has been digging its own grave for a decade. 

Less and less people consume traditional media in part for things like this. An absolute irresponsibility that will bring (and it's already bringing) big troubles in the future.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Good grief.

I've been thinking of applying for immigration to Canada - I may have to seriously look into it..

3 hours ago, Kim said:

You’d think there’d be a rule about not being allowed the Chairman position if you’ve donated ALMOST HALF A MILLION to a political party.  And the thought of Dacre at OFCOM is an absolute joke.  

I used to love reading the OFCOM bulletins, my favourite being:

“Ofcom noted that shortly after the watershed on 8 December 2006 a semi-naked programme presenter acted in an extremely sexual manner (thrusting her bottom and crotch in front of the camera and touching herself intimately). Just before 22:00 the presenter was topless and sucking a dildo and around 22:00 she removed her knickers and appeared to masturbate.

On 10/11 December 2006 between 23:00-01:00, Ofcom noted that a presenter was naked and clearly appeared to be inserting a dildo into both her vagina and anus.
Ofcom sought the Licensee’s comments on the broadcasts in respect of Sections One (Protecting the Under-Eighteens) and Two (Harm and Offence) of the Broadcasting Code.”

11 minutes ago, funkydita said:

“Ofcom noted that shortly after the watershed on 8 December 2006 a semi-naked programme presenter acted in an extremely sexual manner (thrusting her bottom and crotch in front of the camera and touching herself intimately). Just before 22:00 the presenter was topless and sucking a dildo and around 22:00 she removed her knickers and appeared to masturbate.

On 10/11 December 2006 between 23:00-01:00, Ofcom noted that a presenter was naked and clearly appeared to be inserting a dildo into both her vagina and anus.
Ofcom sought the Licensee’s comments on the broadcasts in respect of Sections One (Protecting the Under-Eighteens) and Two (Harm and Offence) of the Broadcasting Code.”

🤣 BABESTATION?

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

🤣 BABESTATION?

Either that or perennial (or rather, perineum) favourite, Bangbabes, there was a spate of them in the 00s really pushing it.  The dry OFCOM descriptions were absolute gold. I mean, can you imagine someone having to watch it all and write the below with straight face:

“During the broadcast the presenter wearing pink pulled the other presenter’s thong to the side and briefly but clearly inserted a lollypop into her vagina. The two presenters then sucked the lollypop. In addition, the presenters were shown bent over on all fours at various times, and due to the skimpy thongs they were wearing genital and anal detail was shown. The presenters touched and apparently licked each other’s genital and anal areas in a realistic way. The presenters were also shown: miming the insertion of an object into their anus; miming oral sex using their fingers and a phone; spanking each other; and licking each other’s breasts.”

1 hour ago, funkydita said:

You’d think there’d be a rule about not being allowed the Chairman position if you’ve donated ALMOST HALF A MILLION to a political party.  And the thought of Dacre at OFCOM is an absolute joke.  

I used to love reading the OFCOM bulletins, my favourite being:

Omg :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kim said:

Anywhere else using the pandemic to kill off disabled people, or is it just Eugenics Island?

Truly wicked.

5okv.gif

Oh wow... they are denying people with disabilities' human rights? These people have the rights to live!  :manson: And Bozo Johnson has the nerve to accuse China on human rights? Hypocrisy much?

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Anywhere else using the pandemic to kill off disabled people, or is it just Eugenics Island?

Truly wicked.

Absolutely disgusting and heartless  I never thought I would read this in today’s world but there it is.   😥😡

On 2/3/2021 at 3:04 AM, Kim said:

Politics Joe are great at those parodies!  Here's their latest about useless Labour and their ageing Ken doll leader -

I love Joe Politics. Clever, topical, hilarious and accurate parodies that hit the Mark every time. 

DNRs are discussed at length with a patient and their families/advocates. Patients with learning disabilities often have comorbidities that hamper their life and a severe covid infection might mean their quality of existence would be nill should they survive it. Ive never come across a DNR that wasn't sensible during the time I've work for the NHS. No one would be given a DNR based purely on the fact they have a learning disability.

2 hours ago, nightcutter said:

DNRs are discussed at length with a patient and their families/advocates. Patients with learning disabilities often have comorbidities that hamper their life and a severe covid infection might mean their quality of existence would be nill should they survive it. Ive never come across a DNR that wasn't sensible during the time I've work for the NHS. No one would be given a DNR based purely on the fact they have a learning disability.

Well you're quoting NHS best practice there, which is quite right, but the reason the Care Quality Commission are currently investigating the use of DNRs during the pandemic is because it was happening - and their interim report doesn't make easy reading.

And the story here is that Mencap and Care England are reporting that it's still happening.

On 2/3/2021 at 3:04 AM, Kim said:

Politics Joe are great at those parodies!  Here's their latest about useless Labour and their ageing Ken doll leader -

I don’t live in the UK but what is the consensus about Kier Starmer? On paper we he sounds okay (and surely anything is better than the tories) but obviously that’s no indication. Do the press attack him as much as Corbyn was?

24 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

I don’t live in the UK but what is the consensus about Kier Starmer? On paper we he sounds okay (and surely anything is better than the tories) but obviously that’s no indication. Do the press attack him as much as Corbyn was?

I'm not the best person to answer this as I'm in Scotland where Labour have been wiped off the political landscape but from what I gather the more left wing of the party aren't happy that he's such a centrist (leaning right) and that his solution to regain working class seats lost in the last election is to emulate the Tories rather than offer up a progressive alternative. Meanwhile they're going nowhere in the polls and are just really ineffective opposition.

Their latest wheeze was a leaked strategy document all about focusing on patriotism, the UK flag, veterans, 'traditional values' etc to win back voters, which doesn't exactly ignite the young, BAME etc.

Starmer doesn't really get attacked at all from the msm as he's not a threat to the status quo like Corbyn. If anything, he just gets ignored.

4 hours ago, Kim said:

I'm not the best person to answer this as I'm in Scotland where Labour have been wiped off the political landscape but from what I gather the more left wing of the party aren't happy that he's such a centrist (leaning right) and that his solution to regain working class seats lost in the last election is to emulate the Tories rather than offer up a progressive alternative. Meanwhile they're going nowhere in the polls and are just really ineffective opposition.

Their latest wheeze was a leaked strategy document all about focusing on patriotism, the UK flag, veterans, 'traditional values' etc to win back voters, which doesn't exactly ignite the young, BAME etc.

Starmer doesn't really get attacked at all from the msm as he's not a threat to the status quo like Corbyn. If anything, he just gets ignored.

Ok thanks... so he sounds like a Blairite.

• 1 month later...

Does Boris know that the EU will not grant the City of London access to the EU service market?

And how many more trade agreements has he signed recently? The last I remember was the one with Japan that will increase British Cheese export by a few thousand pounds (money, not weight) per year. 

11 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And how many more trade agreements has he signed recently? The last I remember was the one with Japan that will increase British Cheese export by a few thousand pounds (money, not weight) per year. 

I'm sure a new trade deal with Kazakhstan is incoming to make up for these decimated export figures (that no one actually seems to be reporting on in Totally Normal Island)...

fooddrink1.jpg