Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

30 minutes ago, LSD said:

Of course they will blame the EU for everything, as those Eton mongs have done for decades, supported by the tabloids. 

The EU is not responsible for your low wages, your skyrocketing prices, your absurdly high cost of living, your lost empire and your deindustrialization. 

Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Of course they will blame the EU for everything, as those Eton mongs have done for decades, supported by the tabloids. 

The EU is not responsible for your low wages, your skyrocketing prices, your absurdly high cost of living, your lost empire and your deindustrialization. 

Good luck. 

Exactly!!!! They will milk the EU card till the end, even over the cliff!!! I m sick of it! Good luck indeed. They will need it.

Farage is a lying, manipulative, revolting excuse of a man.

EU should STICK together and give UK either the Norways option (with paying much more than they did till now) OR no option at all. UK should strive to make a "great, marvellous" deed with Trump and the ex colonies.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

It makes me so sad that a country that I set as example of tolerance and good government since I was a teenager has revealed as a drunkard mong jumping balconies.

Yes

Same feelings here

10 minutes ago, XXL said:

Oh I see 🤣

I must have missed an earlier part

Just thought it was obvious when I said UK was now part of Scandinavia but I guess it was not,   :lol:

51 minutes ago, runa said:

Just thought it was obvious when I said UK was now part of Scandinavia but I guess it was not,   :lol:

I missed it  :chuckle: sorry

Anyway much to Farage dismay Scandinavia is still a part of Europe

20 minutes ago, XXL said:

I missed it  :chuckle: sorry

Anyway much to Farage dismay Scandinavia is still a part of Europe

EU - officially without Norway, in practice Norway is more a member than UK ever was 🙂

23 minutes ago, elijah said:

EU - officially without Norway, in practice Norway is more a member than UK ever was 🙂

I mean geographically speaking :laugh:

I'm not referring to the EU

The British and Irish Isles, Iceland, Scandinavia, mainland Europe (Germany, France), the Italian peninsula, the Iberian Peninsula, the Balkans, Greece, part of Russia etc are all part of the European continent. They are located in Europe

I think there can be some confusion when people use the terms EU and Europe (the continent) interchangeably. It's not the same thing

8 hours ago, karbatal said:

It's not the same to compare both situations. Just for the record the Catalonian gov was not removed nor were all in jail. And nobody in Catalonia is fighting for freedom, unless freedom is creating your own country. Taiwan is rebelling against a dictatorship.

When I say we're managing the situation badly I mean from BOTH parts. Nobody here is explaining the cost of independence and the bourocracy nightmare, for example. Or who pays the retirement pension. Or what happens with the euro in Catalonia, or the border... 

If Scotland is independent and the practical plans to make it successful are public, maybe it helps to solve other situations. 

???

Mariano Rajoy (Spain Prime Minister) subsequently removed the entire Catalan government from office and declared the Parliament's dissolution, calling a regional election for 21 December 2017.

https://www.eldiario.es/politica/Rajoy-cesa-Puigdemont-Govern_0_701680927.html

Nine of the 12 accused received prison sentences for the crimes of sedition; of them, four were also found guilty of misuse of public funds. Their sentences ranged from 9 to 13 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Catalonia_independence_leaders

• 3 weeks later...

The EU has totally missed the point of Brexit if it thinks it will retain some supervision over British actions, the UK's chief negotiator said on Monday.

To think that we might accept EU supervision on so-called level playing field issues simply fails to see the point of what we are doing", the British negotiator David Frost said in a speech he gave on a visit to Brussels.

"It is central to our vision that we must have the ability to set laws that suit us – to claim the right that every other non-EU country in the world has," Frost added.

:electropop:

So EU has to set laws that suits the UK?!?! :manson:

EU didn't ask you to leave in the first place, therefore don't complain you're no longer on EU's priorities list and you have to queue like all non-EU travelers at the immigration.

Be responsible for your own action for fuck sake.

Brexit is an official gigantic BULLSHIT 

"Britain is to close its borders to unskilled workers and those who can’t speak English as part of a fundamental overhaul of immigration laws that will end the era of cheap EU labour in factories, warehouses, hotels and restaurants.

Unveiling its Australian-style points system on Wednesday, the government will say it is grasping a unique opportunity to take “full control” of British borders “for the first time in decades” and eliminate the “distortion” caused by EU freedom of movement.

But industry leaders immediately accused the government of an assault on the economy warning of “disastrous” consequences with job losses and closures in factories and the high street."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-to-close-door-to-non-english-speakers-and-unskilled-workers/ar-BB108gP3?ocid=spartanntp

A 10-page briefing document outlining the new immigration policy states:

• UK borders will be closed to non-skilled workers – and all migrants will have to speak English.

• Anyone wanting to come to the UK to work must have a job offer with a salary threshold of £25,600 – though a salary “floor” of £20,480 will be acceptable in special cases where there might have a skills shortage skills, such as in nursing.

• There will be no route for self-employed people coming into the UK, spelling the end to, for example, Polish plumbers or Romanian builders arriving without a job.

• Border control will no longer accept ID cards from countries such as France and Italy. This, it is understood, is an attempt to clamp down on non-EU workers beating the system with forged or stolen ID cards.

The skills threshold for foreign nationals wanting to work in the UK will be lowered from degree to A-levels or their equivalent. The cap on the numbers of skilled workers is being scrapped – and a small number of highly skilled workers will be allowed to come in without a job. 

• The right of artists, entertainers, sports people and musicians to enter for performances, competitions and auditions will be retained.

The government intends to launch a “comprehensive” campaign to prepare employers for the transformation in January next year when EU citizens will be treated the same as other nationals.

and from one of the biggest smug twats of these charlatan Brexshitheads:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/priti-patel-says-its-right-workers-speak-english-before-entering-uk-ahead-of-immigration-announcement/ar-BB108r6q

Revolting. Pathetic excuse for a human being.

Homophobic demented pieces of shit all of them Brexiters.

These cunts have brought me back to the crap reality, after being on Madonna cloud over the MadameX shows....

4 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Britain is to close its borders to unskilled workers and those who can’t speak English as part of a fundamental overhaul of immigration laws that will end the era of cheap EU labour in factories, warehouses, hotels and restaurants.

Unveiling its Australian-style points system on Wednesday, the government will say it is grasping a unique opportunity to take “full control” of British borders “for the first time in decades” and eliminate the “distortion” caused by EU freedom of movement.

But industry leaders immediately accused the government of an assault on the economy warning of “disastrous” consequences with job losses and closures in factories and the high street."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-to-close-door-to-non-english-speakers-and-unskilled-workers/ar-BB108gP3?ocid=spartanntp

A 10-page briefing document outlining the new immigration policy states:

• UK borders will be closed to non-skilled workers – and all migrants will have to speak English.

• Anyone wanting to come to the UK to work must have a job offer with a salary threshold of £25,600 – though a salary “floor” of £20,480 will be acceptable in special cases where there might have a skills shortage skills, such as in nursing.

• There will be no route for self-employed people coming into the UK, spelling the end to, for example, Polish plumbers or Romanian builders arriving without a job.

• Border control will no longer accept ID cards from countries such as France and Italy. This, it is understood, is an attempt to clamp down on non-EU workers beating the system with forged or stolen ID cards.

The skills threshold for foreign nationals wanting to work in the UK will be lowered from degree to A-levels or their equivalent. The cap on the numbers of skilled workers is being scrapped – and a small number of highly skilled workers will be allowed to come in without a job. 

• The right of artists, entertainers, sports people and musicians to enter for performances, competitions and auditions will be retained.

The government intends to launch a “comprehensive” campaign to prepare employers for the transformation in January next year when EU citizens will be treated the same as other nationals.

and from one of the biggest smug twats of these charlatan Brexshitheads:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/priti-patel-says-its-right-workers-speak-english-before-entering-uk-ahead-of-immigration-announcement/ar-BB108r6q

:scared:

@XXL Patel is a disgrace like all of her xenophobic hypocrite TURDS, she is the biggest hypocrite of them all... having herself publicly admitted that if such absurd system had been in place decades ago, her parents would have not made it in the UK...… 

This is not a democracy, this is a fucking fascist regime, let me tell ya all

11 hours ago, horn said:

EU didn't ask you to leave in the first place, therefore don't complain you're no longer on EU's priorities list and you have to queue like all non-EU travelers at the immigration.

IKR

The UK has taken billions in subsidies from Brussels for four decades. When they joined the EU in the mid 70s the British economy was deep down in the gutter

Then Thatcher first and Blair later on single-handedly proceeded to destroy the British industrial system, went wild with liberalisations and privatisations of public goods and assets (never mind also illegally invading countries through utter and pathetic lies against all international regulations and killing millions of innocent civilians without achieving anything if not the further indefinite conflagration of an entire region, with the only real aim of appropriating said region's resources, hence why the keep selling arms to those ghastly Saudis while they pretend to defend Syrian children from cruel Assad). Does anyone understand what Israel, the UK and Saudi Arabia are doing to Yemen and its population with those weapons?? Nobody cares

Again Syria being a millennial secular region Vs Gulf Countries having embraced Whabism and ISIS (formerly known, trained and created by Western agencies as AlQaeda in the late 70s in Afghanistan) It's an utter absurdity and the greatest hypocrisy

While successive UK governments were taking all that money in subsidies for forty years, they still got to retain the nation's currency and to be granted the Shenghen border system opt-out that 26 of the 28 EU member states share.

The other country not sharing it being Ireland, if I'm not mistaken, but they have at least embraced the new currency and the European Central Bank

Isn't it all rather transparent, ironic and a tad too convenient?

52 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

@XXL Patel is a disgrace like all of her xenophobic hypocrite TURDS, she is the biggest hypocrite of them all... having herself publicly admitted that if such absurd system had been in place decades ago, her parents would have not made it in the UK...… 

This is not a democracy, this is a fucking fascist regime, let me tell ya all

Scary stuff indeed

Truly bizarre reasoning behind it

Who does Boris Johnson think they're gonna get a deal with anyway? They've already been written off internationally for having allowed China to enter the competition with the 5G network and the offer to build the HS2 railway "for less money and in less time"

Norway is not a EU member state despite obviously being a European country, geographically speaking, yet de facto they still have to subscribe to all EU regulations. Can't they get these simple facts into their thick heads? 

And please, don't lecture people on "regaining OUR sovereignty". The UK has always roamed as they pleased anyway

The only main problem with the EU is that you have a common eurozone currency and a Central Bank issuing it but 28 different fiscal systems and completely disproportionate average salary bands while the cost of living has spiralled up everywhere, with the only exception perhaps of the recently additions of the Eastern member states

11 minutes ago, MadFan said:

:rotfl: :manson: @ all of this.

Release Hawaii and make England the 50th US state.

I want florida in europe!!!!!

anyways: the NHS´s salaries are lower than they will ask for, so the quality will get worse and...private healthcare will be compulsory for everybody...

14 hours ago, horn said:

I guess we will ask them some guarantees, right? at least the same than they ask to us

7 hours ago, XXL said:

British Home Secretary Priti Patel defends new immigration points system as she insists it's 'not the end of the Polish builder'   :manson:

What an arrogant, ignorant, hypocritical and revolting woman.  

2 hours ago, MadFan said:

I wish I knew enough about history and society to gauge at what point people just revolt. :fag: 

The English hardly do revolt. They just keep calm and carry the fuck on. Preferably with a pint of booze in the hand.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:09 PM, horn said:

UK = US 51th state

Bombing countries illegally together

Israel being the 52nd

And the Vatican unbeknownst to most

Pulling all the strings from the top