Coronavirus

MadFan

4 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I mentioned the bat to them too but they dismissed that. I think that's social media making assumptions. 

Really ??? It was mentioned several times in the media here that it originated from bats. It was announced only recently in the news that it was from a specific species of bat that

could carry this virus . 

Maybe you're right though . I don't even know if we'r getting the whole truth . Apparently our government knew about this way before the Chinese New Year .

28 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Really ??? It was mentioned several times in the media here that it originated from bats. It was announced only recently in the news that it was from a specific species of bat that

could carry this virus . 

Maybe you're right though . I don't even know if we'r getting the whole truth . Apparently our government knew about this way before the Chinese New Year .

I'll keep asking them what they find out but the just think it's something picked up from the local markets.

13 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I'll keep asking them what they find out but the just think it's something picked up from the local markets.

It originated from the seafood market but within that market there's an exotic meats section where you could buy meats of any kind  from snakes, bats, koala , Porcupine ,  dog etc .

They closed down the market when they knew there was a contamination / disease issues and after they took samples from various spots in the market they found that most contaminated

areas were from the exotic meats section.

As of now Japan and Thailand have the highest cases outside China with one death confirmed outside China ( The Philippines ) .

19 hours ago, Butter9 said:

It originated from the seafood market but within that market there's an exotic meats section where you could buy meats of any kind  from snakes, bats, koala , Porcupine ,  dog etc .

They closed down the market when they knew there was a contamination / disease issues and after they took samples from various spots in the market they found that most contaminated

areas were from the exotic meats section.

As of now Japan and Thailand have the highest cases outside China with one death confirmed outside China ( The Philippines ) .

I'll be seeing my friend next week and see what they say. Often they can't say what's really going on while events are unfolding.

However, in previous cases, the press often go with what makes a great story, not what actually is true.

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I'll be seeing my friend next week and see what they say. Often they can't say what's really going on while events are unfolding.

However, in previous cases, the press often go with what makes a great story, not what actually is true.

Governor of Wuhan said he knew about the virus before it was announced to the world  because they  thought they could contain it .

More confirmed cases in Thailand and second death outside mainland China . In Hong Kong this time . 

Also a S.Korean patient was diagnosed with the virus after his trip to Thailand . Not sure yet whether he caught it from a Chinese person who was infected while he was a holiday here .

So it is spreading . 

7 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Governor of Wuhan said he knew about the virus before it was announced to the world  because they  thought they could contain it .

More confirmed cases in Thailand and second death outside mainland China . In Hong Kong this time . 

Also a S.Korean patient was diagnosed with the virus after his trip to Thailand . Not sure yet whether he caught it from a Chinese person who was infected while he was a holiday here .

So it is spreading . 

OMG Thailand is unsafe now! :nervous: 

* Cancel BKK trip *

1 hour ago, horn said:

OMG Thailand is unsafe now! :nervous: 

* Cancel BKK trip *

I think you have to be careful anywhere now in the world .

Confirmed cases ( Not including people who are being held for observations )

Japan 33

Thailand 25

Singapore 24

Germany 12

France 6

Australia 13

China 24,387

Canada 4

Hong Kong 18

S. Korea 18

USA 11

UK 2

It's pretty surreal here with everybody wearing face masks and carrying hand sanitiser with some restaurants and resorts turning away Chinese Tourists .

It was reported in the news that the situation would improve sometime after march / April . Otherwise god knows what will happen to the Summer Olympics in Tokyo .

On 2/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, Butter9 said:

I think you have to be careful anywhere now in the world .

Confirmed cases ( Not including people who are being held for observations )

Japan 33

Thailand 25

Singapore 24

Germany 12

France 6

Australia 13

China 24,387

Canada 4

Hong Kong 18

S. Korea 18

USA 11

UK 2

It's pretty surreal here with everybody wearing face masks and carrying hand sanitiser with some restaurants and resorts turning away Chinese Tourists .

It was reported in the news that the situation would improve sometime after march / April . Otherwise god knows what will happen to the Summer Olympics in Tokyo .

Im going to Singapore and Japan in April. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Im going to Singapore and Japan in April. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

I hope so too . Japan has the highest confirmed cases as of now and it's affecting their Summer Olympic planning .

Well as compared to H1N1 which started in the US that kills 17000, this virus is relatively smaller scale.

The media didn't make a huge fuss about the US H1N1 but when it comes to China's Coronavirus, the media made it sounds like it's end of the world. :rolleyes: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 2:24 PM, Butter9 said:

could carry this virus . 

Lies. Don't believe everything you hear or read on "mainstream media". Fear is the greatest form of mass manipulation. People need to start questioning and informing themselves more. It's too easy to dismiss any alternative explanation in the mocking "conspiracy theory" can. Almost grotesque and certainly superficial

This is not me saying the situation isn't real or critical, I'm just disinclined to believe everything about its portrayal to the masses through the media corporations. It's nothing new, it's been going on for decades and even more

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/02/21/world/europe/21reuters-china-health-italy.html

First Italian Dies of Coronavirus as Outbreak Flares in North

By Reuters

Feb. 21, 2020

MILAN — An elderly man in the northern city of Padua has died after being infected with the coronavirus, becoming the first Italian victim of the disease, Health Minister Roberto Speranza said on Friday.

Health authorities announced earlier in the day 15 cases of the virus in the wealthy northern region of Lombardy and two in neighbouring Veneto where Padua is located -- the first known cases of local transmission in the country.

None of those infected were believed to have travelled to China, the epicentre of the new illness, and local authorities in Italy scrambled to contain the outbreak.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, horn said:

Well as compared to H1N1 which started in the US that kills 17000, this virus is relatively smaller scale.

The media didn't make a huge fuss about the US H1N1 but when it comes to China's Coronavirus, the media made it sounds like it's end of the world. :rolleyes: 

Project Fear in action

Back to H1N1 /Swine Flu. Point in case. 

$2bn worth of unsold vaccines lying in Europe's refrigerators back since 2009 with the so called Swine Flu epidemic.

All money that the World Health Organisation forced EU governments and other governments to take straight out of taxpayers pockets and put into Big Pharma pockets. And the end result was? A bubble

Now they're really digging in though, aren't they. I guess we haven't learned anything yet from the 2007-2009 global financial and societal woes ... The real "collapse" has yet to be "implemented"

Protesters attacked a convoy of buses carrying Ukrainian citizens and other nationals evacuated from the Chinese city of Wuhan, injuring nine police officers and one civilian Thursday.

As global fears and misconceptions spread about the coronavirus outbreak that originated in the city, protesters blocked roads in the Ukrainian town of Noviy Sanzhari, where 72 evacuees are to be monitored for two weeks at a medical center. Ukraine has no diagnosed cases of the novel coronavirus.

The Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs said that "aggressive citizens" began to pelt the buses with stones, and that one man tried to hit police with a car.

834ab7e87054c46c132e32fd84e27d58141a9f32

Rome (AFP) - Authorities in northern Italy on Friday ordered the closure of schools, bars and other public spaces in 10 towns following a flurry of new coronavirus cases.

Five doctors and 10 other people tested positive for the virus in Lombardy, after apparently frequenting the same bar and group of friends, with two other cases in Veneto, authorities said at a press conference.

Over 50,000 people have been asked to stay at home in the areas concerned, while all public activities such as carnival celebrations, church masses and sporting events have been banned for up to a week.

https://news.yahoo.com/10-italian-towns-lockdown-over-coronavirus-fears-220635548.html

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said "everything is under control", and stressed the government was maintaining "an extremely high level of precaution".

Streets in the towns were deserted, with only a few people seen abroad, and signs showing public spaces closed.

In Casalpusterlengo, a large electronic message board outside the town hall read "Coronavirus: the population is invited to remain indoors as a precaution".

The first town to be shuttered was Codogno, with a population of 15,000, where three people tested positive for the virus, including a 38-year old man and his wife, who is eight months pregnant.

Three others there have tested positive to a first novel coronavirus test and are awaiting their definitive results.

Codogno mayor Francesco Passerini said the news of the cases "has sparked alarm" throughout the town south of Milan.

The 38-year old, who works for Unilever in Lodi, was in a serious condition in intensive care.

- 'Extremely worried' -

He had dined earlier this month with a man who had visited China in January, and had later shown flu-like symptoms, but has since tested negative for the virus, Italian media said.

A football friend of his, the son of a bar owner in Codogno, has also tested positive, along with three regulars at the bar.

The three, all of whom are retired, live in the small town of Castiglione d'Adda. The mayor there said the locals were "extremely worried" about the spread of the deadly disease.

Some 250 people were being placed in isolation after coming into contact with the new cases, according to the Lombardy region, and 60 worker at Unilever have been tested for the virus.

Trenord regional railway said its trains would no longer be stopping in three stations in the affected area.

The head of the Veneto region, Luca Zaia, said a 78 and 67-year old, from the village of Vo' Euganeo, at the foot of the Euganean Hills near Padua, had tested positive.

He said "a sanitary ring" would be created around the village, where public spaces would be closed.

Three other cases of the virus in Italy are being treated in isolation at the Spallanzani Institute in Rome.

The outbreak of the so-called COVID-19 illness which began in December has killed more than 2,200 people and infected more than 75,500 in China.

Over 1,150 people have been infected and eight have died across 26 other countries, according to the World Health Organization.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:37 PM, jonski43 said:

The press often go with what makes a great story, not what actually is true.

👍

And amazingly that's just the best case scenario with them  😜

2 hours ago, XXL said:

Lies. Don't believe everything you hear or read on "mainstream media". Fear is the greatest form of mass manipulation. People need to start questioning and informing themselves more. It's too easy to dismiss any alternative explanation in the mocking "conspiracy theory" can. Almost grotesque and certainly superficial

This is not me saying the situation isn't real or critical, I'm just disinclined to believe everything about its portrayal to the masses through the media corporations. It's nothing new, it's been going on for decades and even more

I don't believe every I read in the media but I did lose two friends - one to Bird Flu and one to SARS . COVID-19 is not as deadly as SARS but it's more contagious . We have the Thai New Year coming up in April . It's the biggest celebration of our year and I've a feeling many events will be canceled as it's a festival where you literally throw water at each other .  People gather in large groups and celebrate with music and water guns .

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

I don't believe every I read in the media but I did lose two friends - one to Bird Flu and one to SARS . COVID-19 is not as deadly as SARS but it's more contagious . We have the Thai New Year coming up in April . It's the biggest celebration of our year and I've a feeling many events will be canceled as it's a festival where you literally throw water at each other .  People gather in large groups and celebrate with music and water guns .

I know and I agree. I'm sorry about your two friends loss. I understand the concerns we all have when these situations arise.

My point was more about the reasons behind this type of events occurring in the first place and I wasn't referring to you in particular with the "don't believe everything the media sell us" part  😀

It's a general issue. We live in a dogmatic, sheep/hive mentality society that immediately dismisses the alternative as odd and impossible. Fear fuels this type of society for those that are on top administering the masses. Kind of like with Brexit and the NHS bus and all that propaganda. And all the immigration bs talk and "US regaining OUR sovereignty"

Or when "philanthropist" George Soros made a £1bn profit out of the London Stock Exchange collapse in the early 90s. The same guy who today finances so called NGO ships that are turning the Mediterranean sea into a cemetery

Dogma is dangerous. Regardless whether it comes from religion or science, two faces of the same coin, or of the same con perhaps I should say

3 hours ago, XXL said:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/02/21/world/europe/21reuters-china-health-italy.html

First Italian Dies of Coronavirus as Outbreak Flares in North

By Reuters

Feb. 21, 2020

MILAN — An elderly man in the northern city of Padua has died after being infected with the coronavirus, becoming the first Italian victim of the disease, Health Minister Roberto Speranza said on Friday.

Health authorities announced earlier in the day 15 cases of the virus in the wealthy northern region of Lombardy and two in neighbouring Veneto where Padua is located -- the first known cases of local transmission in the country.

None of those infected were believed to have travelled to China, the epicentre of the new illness, and local authorities in Italy scrambled to contain the outbreak.

Another potential victim in Lombardy (a woman) has died today.

8 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Another potential victim in Lombardy (a woman) has died today.

Truly awful

They have said that they are picking two military bases nearby Milan to assist as many potential new infected cases as possible

Yeah, this isn’t time to bring up the neckbeard misanthropic “never believe anything the news tells you” nonsense. The fear mongering is more than just, considering it’s pretty fucking obvious that China has been lying about the number of deaths and infected people since day one. It is perfectly possible that this continues to spiral out of control.

8 hours ago, PDC717 said:

Considering it’s pretty fucking obvious that China has been lying about the number of deaths and infected people since day one. It is perfectly possible that this continues to spiral out of control.

Yes, because the West never tells lies

Please

Coronavirus: Almost 60 new cases recorded in Italy as two die

Two Irish citizens reportedly among group repatriated to UK on Saturday

image.jpg

Coaches carrying passengers that have been repatriated to the UK from a cruise ship hit by the coronavirus in Yokohama, Japan, arrive at Arrowe Park Hospital on the Wirral, where they will be quarantined for 14 days to protect against the spread of the illness should any of them be infected. Photograph: Danny Lawson/PA Wire

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/coronavirus-almost-60-new-cases-recorded-in-italy-as-two-die-1.4182150

Cases of the new coronavirus in Italy, the worst affected country in Europe, rose on Saturday to nearly 60, including two people who have died, and spread to the financial capital Milan.

Authorities in the northern regions of Lombardy and Veneto, where the outbreak is concentrated, have shut down schools and banned public events while companies from Ray-Ban owner Luxottica to the country’s top bank UniCredit have told workers living in the worst hit areas to stay home.

Lombardy and Veneto represent Italy’s industrial heart and jointly account for 30 per cent of gross domestic output.

The first death was a 76-year-old woman who was found dead at her home 50km south of Milan on Thursday and tested positive for the coronavirus. A 78-year-old man died of the infection in a hospital near Padua on Friday night.

The man’s wife and daughter are among 12 people infected by the coronavirus in the Veneto region, where authorities are considering suspending Carnival of Venice events currently taking place.

Lombardy governor Attilio Fontana said patients in his region totalled 46, including a man currently at San Raffaele hospital in Milan. The city, where Women’s Fashion Week is underway, has a population of 1.4 million.

Organisers of the world’s biggest eyewear trade fair, MIDO, said on Saturday the coronavirus emergency had prompted them to postpone the event to the end of May. The fair had been due to take place in Milan in a week.