Coronavirus

MadFan

Lots of "charming" stereotypes about Asian people thrown around in this thread. Yes, shame on Koreans for being a disciplined nation or having to work hard for their money. What can I say, we all can't live in your Mediterranean paradise, sorry about that.

11 minutes ago, Aime said:

Lots of "charming" stereotypes about Asian people thrown around in this thread. Yes, shame on Koreans for being a disciplined nation or having to work hard for their money. What can I say, we all can't live in your Mediterranean paradise, sorry about that.

Mediterranean paradise? 

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

My advice to UK and USA people is to stay home. All day. And only leave home to buy essential groceries and go to work. 

Spain is closing today all shops for two weeks, following Italian example. People won't be allowed to be outside unless is to buy essential means or going to work 

Don't wait for your stupid rulers to approve the law. Just do it to content the virus. Do not let your kids play in parks or go for a walk. Do not go for a drink or restaurants! Stay home. If you have elderly relatives, offer to do their shopping so they're not exposed. 

Believe me. I was non chalan just a couple of days ago but this is not joke. Your health systems cannot support a high pike of cases and doctors will have to choose who lives and who dies because there's no treatment for all. 

This is not panic speaking, this is already happening in Italy and it's expected in Spain and our health systems are free, public and among the best of the world 

This,take care of yourselves and others stay home guys

21 minutes ago, Aime said:

Meh

Read a bit about working conditions and holidays there, and the building of their good economy after the war and maybe you'll understand what I mean. 

3 minutes ago, Kelmadfan said:

Hope it s gonna work but it takes a lot of time to get a secure vaccine, hope so for everybody, my country s fighting, we are all fighting and I m so sad and quite scared about what s going on. 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Meh

Read a bit about working conditions and holidays there, and the building of their good economy after the war and maybe you'll understand what I mean. 

I don't have to "read a bit" about anything, I live and work "there" because, you know, I am actually 1/4 Korean and I am actively contributing to "their good economy". Don't patronize me or, in fact, the culture you clearly don't know much about and judging by your own standards, that's all I'm gonna say.

Also, there's good and bad everywhere, I'm sure I could bring up a stereotype or two about Spain or Bulgaria or wherever; not sure why you're doing that here though. In a horrible situation like this, both the government and the people can only be commended for being disciplined, getting tested, staying at home like most of my friends and colleagues and not putting anyone's health at risk. Being "enslaved" etc. has fuck all to do with what is being discussed in this thread.

6 hours ago, MadFan said:

We also need to rethink our relationship with meat and the environment, immediately. If we continue to eat and encroach on wildlife habitats mindlessly, we will have more global pandemics to come.

This!!

7 hours ago, karbatal said:

My advice to UK and USA people is to stay home. All day. And only leave home to buy essential groceries and go to work. 

Spain is closing today all shops for two weeks, following Italian example. People won't be allowed to be outside unless is to buy essential means or going to work 

Don't wait for your stupid rulers to approve the law. Just do it to content the virus. Do not let your kids play in parks or go for a walk. Do not go for a drink or restaurants! Stay home. If you have elderly relatives, offer to do their shopping so they're not exposed. 

Believe me. I was non chalan just a couple of days ago but this is not joke. Your health systems cannot support a high pike of cases and doctors will have to choose who lives and who dies because there's no treatment for all. 

This is not panic speaking, this is already happening in Italy and it's expected in Spain and our health systems are free, public and among the best of the world 

I’m sure going to your local park or local convenience store is okay as long as there’s no people in the area, its a suburban area, and you wash your hands after touching equipment.

1 hour ago, Kelmadfan said:

Good news. I still can’t believe there’s still no vaccine or treatment for SARS yet and its been around for close to 20 years. Doesn’t look promising for Corona. I’m praying this virus will just dissappear of the face of the earth to.

heard stories of a few nurses who treated people with the virus, and it's a really, really dirty illness. they're VERY sick. not comparable with "just" a flu. imagine struggling to breath.. and once you've had it, there's a big chance your lungs will never function like they first did. we also don't know the other things it may do to our body in the future. something ive noticed is that a big group of people still underestimate it. there's a reason why so many countries are taking such big measures

something that's been irritating me too is.. many are only thinking of themselves, saying they're not scared to get it because "they're young" or "healthy", not even thinking about other people they could potentially harm. ive seen so many self centred reactions about this..

and even so, young and healthy people get this as well. some of them have died. of course weaker or older people are more at risk, .. but that's how it goes with pretty much every illness. it's not just dangerous for the old or weak.

23 minutes ago, Nikki said:

heard stories of a few nurses who treated people with the virus, and it's a really, really dirty illness. they're VERY sick. not comparable with "just" a flu. imagine struggling to breath.. and once you've had it, there's a big chance your lungs will never function like they first did. we also don't know the other things it may do to our body in the future. something ive noticed is that a big group of people still underestimate it. there's a reason why so many countries are taking such big measures

something that's been irritating me too is.. many are only thinking of themselves, saying they're not scared to get it because "they're young" or "healthy", not even thinking about other people they could potentially harm. ive seen so many self centred reactions about this..

and even so, young and healthy people get this as well. some of them have died. of course weaker or older people are more at risk, .. but that's how it goes with pretty much every illness. it's not just dangerous for the old or weak.

Yes. Something like 80% of ppl who died from jt are old aged or have underlying health issue. The remaining young healthy 20% really are the minority.

2 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Yes. Something like 80% of ppl who died from jt are old aged or have underlying health issue. The remaining young healthy 20% really are the minority.

that's 20%. so many people think this is just affecting the old and unhealthy. it's not! too many people are being careless and selfish about it because don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves or their family.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

that's 20%. so many people think this is just affecting the old and unhealthy. it's not! too many people are being careless and selfish about it because don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves or their family.

I know its scary. Its mostly the vulnerable at risk that may never be able to breathe same again

Like most people, I'm trying to be careful with not exposing myself to the virus. A couple of hours ago, I did rush to the supermarket because I needed to buy mousetraps.

I saw a mouse In my bedroom earlier today and it grossed me out.:lol:

9 minutes ago, LSD said:

Just looking at this picture makes my anxiety level spike. Can't imagine being stuck in that mess.....and I don't mean just because of Coronavirus, just being stuck with that many people looks like a nightmare.

Literally none of the people I know are taking this seriously. My cousin went to NYC for spring break. My friends on instagram from college are all drinking for St Patricks day in bars. Like are they not scared at all?

My mom sent me this. Shes a hardcore right wing conspiracy nutjob that belongs to Qanon.  They are predicting that Madonna will be arrested and the coronavirus will be used as an excuse. They are also predicting JFK Jr is alive and will be Trumps new VP. These people are so stupid.

15363987-28F6-4752-9368-2902AB444671.png

9 hours ago, Aime said:

I don't have to "read a bit" about anything, I live and work "there" because, you know, I am actually 1/4 Korean and I am actively contributing to "their good economy". Don't patronize me or, in fact, the culture you clearly don't know much about and judging by your own standards, that's all I'm gonna say.

Also, there's good and bad everywhere, I'm sure I could bring up a stereotype or two about Spain or Bulgaria or wherever; not sure why you're doing that here though. In a horrible situation like this, both the government and the people can only be commended for being disciplined, getting tested, staying at home like most of my friends and colleagues and not putting anyone's health at risk. Being "enslaved" etc. has fuck all to do with what is being discussed in this thread.

Well, if you live there you'll know how discipline is part of the culture and it's far easier to tell the population what to do. 

Get offended if you want. I couldn't give a damn.

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

My mom sent me this. Shes a hardcore right wing conspiracy nutjob that belongs to Qanon.  They are predicting that Madonna will be arrested and the coronavirus will be used as an excuse. They are also predicting JFK Jr is alive and will be Trumps new VP. These people are so stupid.

15363987-28F6-4752-9368-2902AB444671.png

:lmao: