Coronavirus

MadFan

58 minutes ago, Crux said:

I haven't posted (properly) on the forum for weeks (even months) due to personal issues, but this whole thing is terrifying.

Not only am I worried sick about leaving the house to try and get some basic food supplies (that may not even be on the shelves), but i'm also terrified because people with Asthma suffer a higher risk of complications if they catch it.

Thankfully, I bought my little dog her usual sack of food three weeks ago, so it'll be enough to last her for the next 5 -6 months, but this whole thing is like something from a horror movie.

Anyway, stay safe everyone, and try to stay calm and don't panic.

Big hugs Crux! We will get through this.

Guest eroticerotic

I asked my local drugstore if I can prepay for just one fraking purell bottle and they were like huh thats a good idea. but not something they have going right now. I wonder How I can get something like that passed city wide? im going to write to local government. feel free to do so with that idea and or better!

So Conte just made a speech and they've decided to shut everything down here including factories and all non esential productive activities, except supermarkets, farmacies ,banks and transport.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Debi  ❤️❤️

Wise words start to finish

Bloody hell

7 days to get a result?

Vs South Korea's two hours

"America First"  :rotfl:

Yeah right

1 hour ago, PDC717 said:

3 Republicunt members just nuked this otherwise highly informative thread, starting about here:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/28761-coronavirus-covid-19-global-pandemic-not-just-a-bad-flu-please-keep-discussion-to-this-thread/page/246/#comments

Scroll down to where the "excel1" creature starts commenting.

Pathetic :manson:

Even yesterday, I am dreading "OMG PEOPLE IN SF AND FLORIDAS ARE SO DUMB, DID YOU SEE THEM OUTSIDE?!?!". There's how many million people in Florida? But wait, lets focus on the few thousand mostly TOURISTS our at the beach as opposed the 99.999% following the rules.

In the real world, I can't stand these people, I won't hire these people, they're not only terrible for morale but most often their panic-friendly mentality causes far more problems than it solves

6 minutes ago, XXL said:

Pathetic :manson:

[q]Even yesterday, I am dreading "OMG PEOPLE IN SF AND FLORIDAS ARE SO DUMB, DID YOU SEE THEM OUTSIDE?!?!". There's how many million people in Florida? But wait, lets focus on the few thousand mostly TOURISTS our at the beach as opposed the 99.999% following the rules.

In the real world, I can't stand these people, I won't hire these people, they're not only terrible for morale but most often their panic-friendly mentality causes far more problems than it solves. [/q]

As I replied, my asshole sister and her family are down in Florida for a 2 week vacation. She flat out told my mom in a text that NONE of the old residents are staying inside, they're congregating everywhere. Let alone the countess media VIDEOS of people ignoring the virus everywhere in the state.

And I fell out at his "few thousand" tourists comment. There are a few thousand tourists on Datyona Beach alone ffs.

Edited by PDC717

22 hours ago, JR! said:

OMG I hope that you can get tested and that you can quarantine and get better! If you keep having shortness of breath and crazy dry coughs then call your doctor again cause that's when it gets dangerous... Get better and stay safe!

The shortness of breath is the worst part but thank you! I will definitely reach out to my doctor if my symptoms worsen.

22 hours ago, GOD said:

I’m sorry to hear, how long has it been?

Thank you. It's been one week.

22 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Take care of yourself Strawbs!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and please if you feel any worse reach out to your docs again. 🤗 ❤️

Thanks my friend. I certainly will.

20 hours ago, xtaticboy82 said:

Oh you take care of yourself! If symptoms persist please call the doctor straight away. 

Thank you. Will definitely do!

19 hours ago, xtaticboy82 said:

Hi Guys! 

I am on my day 7 of self quarantine as I arrived in Melbourne from Manila. Went to the Philippines last 7 March to check on the apratment that I bought and visit my grandmum in the province down south (in Mindanao, you need to fly from Manila).

Went out with my friends when I arrived that night in a gay club. That time (7 March) Philippines had only 5 cases so far but the 5th case was working near my Hotel (Grand Hyatt). So basically I was already practising safety precautions like hand washing but not much with social distancing. 

Then on 9 March dinner time with the real estate people, I suffered chills but with no fever. I got panicky so I said goodbye to them and headed straight to a prestigious private hospital for a check up. It was a nightmare! Upon assessment, they classified me as PUI (Patient Under Investigation) due to me coming from Australia. Waiting for hours for the  Covid 19 swab test to be done. After 7 hours, they did a swab test, was dischsrged but advised to be on self quarantine until I get the results. 

I kept on calling the the hospital because I know how the Philippines works (you have to constantly follow them up but with an corteous tone). Finally got my results on 12 March. NEGATIVE! 

Then on 13 March I had to go back to the hospital to get a travel clearance for me to be able to fly back to Australia.They did a routine check up, then I got cleared. 

Since President Duterte announced a halt of domestic flights on 11 March which took efcect on 15 March, my flight back to Melbourne on 14 March was packed! Imagine the paranoia for that 8 hours flight. I seated on the window seat, only went to the toilet once, disinfected my seat and the IFE, wore mask almost all thru out the flight. 

I am feeling well atm, sometimes getting paranoid if symptoms pop out during my quarantine. If I could have turned back time, I should not have pursued that 1 week trip. Now I do not feel like flying for months or even years until this pandemic gets solved. 

Take care everyone! 

I'm glad your test came back negative! I wish you continued good health

18 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

This is going to be a very tricky time. Allergies are starting, and the stress from the panic can bring on all sorts of symptoms from mental and emotional exhaustion that will manifest physically.

However you are saying you feel very weak and fatigued - you should get checked to be safe. Have you been able to sleep during this stressful time? I believe a strong cough and breathing problems are also symptoms.

Good luck and take care of yourself!

Thank you! Yeah extreme weakness and fatigue. I actually have been sleeping okay for the most part except sometimes I wake up in pain because of body aches. 

As you said, it's a tricky time. I don't know if it's allergies and exhaustion but I seem to have most of the symptoms of the virus. 

I'll keep monitoring.

13 hours ago, horn said:

OMG CoronaberryBounce!

I think you authority does not have enough test kit to do all tests for all suspected cases hence advice you to do self quarantine! :sneaky: 

Hope you recover soon.

PS: Gurl, if you feel like you couldn't breathe well, you better go to a hospital asap!

:lol:Coronabounce. Thanks for the laugh and well wishes.

I will continue to monitor my symptoms and will call my doctor or 911 if I have breathing issues again. Anyway my sister will kick my ass if I don't. She's been calling me every hour and insisting I go to the hosptial. 

The problem is my symptoms are considered "moderate" although I think shortness of breath is serious. I don't have a fever or cough. I'm  afraid they'll turn me away if I go to the hospital. I know others who were exhibiting symptoms that went to the ER and they were sent home and unable go get tested.

Like you said, they don't have enough testing kits unfortunately and I actually work at a hospital. It's not easy to get tested. They want to save those kits for people who exhibit "serious" symptoms and/or who have actually been in contact with someone that's tested positive. 

2020 has been such a shit year so far but I'm hopeful we'll all get through this.

2 hours ago, Kelmadfan said:

@XXL I hope  you & yours are doing well. 

This pandemic brings out the best & worst in people. 

OMG, not Debi Mazar! I hope she gets better soon. 😢

I'm fine so far thanks :laugh:

Hope you're fine too

We'll all navigate this together

37 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

The shortness of breath is the worst part but thank you! I will definitely reach out to my doctor if my symptoms worsen.

Thank you. It's been one week.

Thanks my friend. I certainly will.

Thank you. Will definitely do!

I'm glad your test came back negative! I wish you continued good health

Thank you! Yeah extreme weakness and fatigue. I actually have been sleeping okay for the most part except sometimes I wake up in pain because of body aches. 

As you said, it's a tricky time. I don't know if it's allergies and exhaustion but I seem to have most of the symptoms of the virus. 

I'll keep monitoring.

:lol:Coronabounce. Thanks for the laugh and well wishes.

I will continue to monitor my symptoms and will call my doctor or 911 if I have breathing issues again. Anyway my sister will kick my ass if I don't. She's been calling me every hour and insisting I go to the hosptial. 

The problem is my symptoms are considered "moderate" although I think shortness of breath is serious. I don't have a fever or cough. I'm  afraid they'll turn me away if I go to the hospital. I know others who were exhibiting symptoms that went to the ER and they were sent home and unable go get tested.

Like you said, they don't have enough testing kits unfortunately and I actually work at a hospital. It's not easy to get tested. They want to save those kits for people who exhibit "serious" symptoms and/or who have actually been in contact with someone that's tested positive. 

2020 has been such a shit year so far but I'm hopeful we'll all get through this.

I hope you get to feeling better very soon. 💜🙏🏻💜

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/world/europe/italy-coronavirus-center-lessons.html

The government has sent in the army to enforce the lockdown in Lombardy, the northern region at the center of the outbreak, where bodies have piled up in churches. On Friday night, the authorities tightened the nationwide lockdown, closing parks, banning outdoor activities including walking or jogging far from home.

On Saturday night, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced another drastic step in response to what he called the country’s most difficult crisis since the Second World War: Italy will close its factories and all production that is not absolutely essential, an enormous economic sacrifice intended to contain the virus and protect lives.

“The state is here,” he said in an effort to reassure the public.

But the tragedy of Italy now stands as a warning to its European neighbors and the United States, where the virus is coming with equal velocity. If Italy’s experience shows anything, it is that measures to isolate affected areas and limit the movement of the broader population need to be taken early, put in place with absolute clarity, then strictly enforced.

3 hours ago, Crux said:

I haven't posted (properly) on the forum for weeks (even months) due to personal issues, but this whole thing is terrifying.

Not only am I worried sick about leaving the house to try and get some basic food supplies (that may not even be on the shelves), but i'm also terrified because people with Asthma suffer a higher risk of complications if they catch it.

Thankfully, I bought my little dog her usual sack of food three weeks ago, so it'll be enough to last her for the next 5 -6 months, but this whole thing is like something from a horror movie.

Anyway, stay safe everyone, and try to stay calm and don't panic.

Thinking of u babe! Stay safe! Love u ❤️!

Take care everyone in Europe , US & around the world . We are at a soft lock down point here in Thailand and Asia. 

We will get through this .

❤️

10 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Felt very very horribly sad, incredibly sad, cried several times. The whole situation is overwhelming. Some day I can handle it, others I just find it too much. 

Have not been going out at all since early in the week.

I think about my dear beloved ones in Italy, I think about all of the people who are dying alone in Italy once they are in ICU because they cannot possibly have any external contact with them for obvious reasons......... and also cannot help but thinking about those assholes who boast about panic-buying/over-buying and just feeling "a little bit guilty" about that (my ass) when there are doctors, nurses, elderly, invalids, who find themselves at supermarkets with completely empty shelves thanks to selfish bastards hoarding assholes, like my despicable selfish coworkers, whom have no-one close to them directly affected yet (unlike me) hence at the moment their little brain is unable to grasp the gravity of the situation. Until it will hit them in the face.

Speaking of that, I think about how the situation is about to unfold in the UK... I am scared.

It appears that the virus is now mutating into a more aggressive form, hence a slight raise in cases affecting younger individuals, in addition to what apparently has been reported that another symptom is loss of sense of smell and taste.

Wishing every single one of you all good health, to be safe, to stay safe, and see the light at the end of this pandemic shit.

Someone somewhere is benefiting from all of this shit affecting us all in every possible terms, health, economics, etc.

The virus is not mutating into a more severe kind. 

I understand your anxiety, but only with a clear head can we help.

10 hours ago, XXL said:

Bloody hell

7 days to get a result?

Vs South Korea's two hours

"America First"  :rotfl:

Yeah right

IKR :rotfl: 

US couldn't come up with 5G therefore wanted Huawei to give it to them but they refused + trade war hence the ban.