Coronavirus

MadFan

5 hours ago, Django said:

Germany is still doing nothing. Merkel is waiting how we behave this weekend to decide if there's lockdown or not... Unbelievable...

Germany is blinded by the fact that their mortality rate is "only" .27% or so thus far.

Thus far being the operative words. Not doing a shutdown and leaving everything open just gives the virus more time and room to spread. Which in turn exposes more older and compromised immune system people to the virus.

51 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Does anyone else just feel like crap?

I've been feeling very weak, fatigued and have body aches. Also shortness of breath.

I was recently in contact with someone who was in Italy about two weeks ago. A few days later I started to feel sick. 

One morning I was fine and by the afternoon, I became very weak suddenly and was unable to finish cooking. I had to shut everything off and lie down.

But according to some people this is just like having the flu. I have never felt so weak and fatigued in all my life. I also have a compromised immune system so yeah that's worrying.

I've already called my local health hotline and told them of my symptoms. Their recommendation is for me to self quarantine. I'm pretty sure I have it. I just hope I haven't infected anyone.  I've been washing my hands all the time, wearing a mask when out in public and keeping my distance from others (not easy when you live in nyc).

The good news is around 80% of people who get it will recover so I'm hoping for the best.

I hope everyone here is doing okay. These are crazy times we're living in. 

OMG I hope that you can get tested and that you can quarantine and get better! If you keep having shortness of breath and crazy dry coughs then call your doctor again cause that's when it gets dangerous... Get better and stay safe!

53 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

I've been feeling very weak, fatigued and have body aches. Also shortness of breath.

I was recently in contact with someone who was in Italy about two weeks ago. A few days later I started to feel sick. 

One morning I was fine and by the afternoon, I became very weak suddenly and was unable to finish cooking. I had to shut everything off and lie down.

But according to some people this is just like having the flu. I have never felt so weak and fatigued in all my life. I also have a compromised immune system so yeah that's worrying.

I've already called my local health hotline and told them of my symptoms. Their recommendation is for me to self quarantine. I'm pretty sure I have it. I just hope I haven't infected anyone.  I've been washing my hands all the time, wearing a mask when out in public and keeping my distance from others (not easy when you live in nyc).

The good news is around 80% of people who get it will recover so I'm hoping for the best.

I’m sorry to hear, how long has it been?

59 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Take care of yourself Strawbs!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and please if you feel any worse reach out to your docs again. 🤗 ❤️

3 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Oh you take care of yourself! If symptoms persist please call the doctor straight away. 

Hi Guys! 

I am on my day 7 of self quarantine as I arrived in Melbourne from Manila. Went to the Philippines last 7 March to check on the apratment that I bought and visit my grandmum in the province down south (in Mindanao, you need to fly from Manila).

Went out with my friends when I arrived that night in a gay club. That time (7 March) Philippines had only 5 cases so far but the 5th case was working near my Hotel (Grand Hyatt). So basically I was already practising safety precautions like hand washing but not much with social distancing. 

Then on 9 March dinner time with the real estate people, I suffered chills but with no fever. I got panicky so I said goodbye to them and headed straight to a prestigious private hospital for a check up. It was a nightmare! Upon assessment, they classified me as PUI (Patient Under Investigation) due to me coming from Australia. Waiting for hours for the  Covid 19 swab test to be done. After 7 hours, they did a swab test, was dischsrged but advised to be on self quarantine until I get the results. 

I kept on calling the the hospital because I know how the Philippines works (you have to constantly follow them up but with an corteous tone). Finally got my results on 12 March. NEGATIVE! 

Then on 13 March I had to go back to the hospital to get a travel clearance for me to be able to fly back to Australia.They did a routine check up, then I got cleared. 

Since President Duterte announced a halt of domestic flights on 11 March which took efcect on 15 March, my flight back to Melbourne on 14 March was packed! Imagine the paranoia for that 8 hours flight. I seated on the window seat, only went to the toilet once, disinfected my seat and the IFE, wore mask almost all thru out the flight. 

I am feeling well atm, sometimes getting paranoid if symptoms pop out during my quarantine. If I could have turned back time, I should not have pursued that 1 week trip. Now I do not feel like flying for months or even years until this pandemic gets solved. 

Take care everyone! 

Some pages ago, this thread was full of its-just-a-flu fans, when it was clear from the get-go that this is more serious than they thought. I guess that's what happened to Europe. Be safe guys.

8 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

NY, CA and IL on lockdown. No coincidence they include the 1st, 2nd and 3rd largest cities in the US by metro population. Dallas and Houston are #4 and #5 respectively, so Texas is next in line.

Guest eroticerotic
5 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

This is going to be a very tricky time. Allergies are starting, and the stress from the panic can bring on all sorts of symptoms from mental and emotional exhaustion that will manifest physically.

However you are saying you feel very weak and fatigued - you should get checked to be safe. Have you been able to sleep during this stressful time? I believe a strong cough and breathing problems are also symptoms.

Good luck and take care of yourself!

4 hours ago, hasta said:

Some pages ago, this thread was full of its-just-a-flu fans, when it was clear from the get-go that this is more serious than they thought. I guess that's what happened to Europe. Be safe guys.

What a pity you weren't president of the world to save us all with your clairvoyance

My hubby has fever and as he's been working, we're put on absolute quarantine. We can't leave home not even to buy bread. Aw friend of mine will have to help us. We didn't have a test because, I guess, there's not enough tests. Which shows that numbers are not real as many cases are left untested, which also means that the death rate is inaccurate, as they're not real numbers to compare to. 

Italy and Spain are only testing people being admitted to hospitals, that's why our death rate is so high.. Don't be fooled by the official numbers, stay at home and protect the elderly.

We're ok. My husband only has mild fever and I'm ok. Maybe we simply have a flu case. We'll never know if  there aren't complications. 

50 minutes ago, karbatal said:

My hubby has fever and as he's been working, we're put on absolute quarantine. We can't leave home not even to buy bread. Aw friend of mine will have to help us. We didn't have a test because, I guess, there's not enough tests. Which shows that numbers are not real as many cases are left untested, which also means that the death rate is inaccurate, as they're not real numbers to compare to. 

Italy and Spain are only testing people being admitted to hospitals, that's why our death rate is so high.. Don't be fooled by the official numbers, stay at home and protect the elderly.

We're ok. My husband only has mild fever and I'm ok. Maybe we simply have a flu case. We'll never know if  there aren't complications. 

Take good care of each other. YOU'LL GET THROUGH THIS. Don't obsess over statistics... They said from day one here there are not enough tests to go around. U guys are strong men... Big hug x

15 minutes ago, acko said:

Take good care of each other. YOU'LL GET THROUGH THIS. Don't obsess over statistics... They said from day one here there are not enough tests to go around. U guys are strong men... Big hug x

Thanks babe. We're well, I only fret about my dad, who lives alone. My only personal wish is that he stays healthy. 

I hope all our vulnerable people can get through. 

9 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

OMG CoronaberryBounce!

I think you authority does not have enough test kit to do all tests for all suspected cases hence advice you to do self quarantine! :sneaky: 

Hope you recover soon.

PS: Gurl, if you feel like you couldn't breathe well, you better go to a hospital asap!

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

:sneaky:

Hope you recover soon.

12 hours ago, XXL said:

👍

That Johnson troglodyte :manson:

Then you listen to his sister and you start questioning the relation between the two of them

The unsafe unhealthy stupid idea of reduced transport service in the capital actually is mostly down to that disgraceful useless mayor Saddiqi Khan.

But yeah, Bozo compared to his siblings are like night and day.

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Hopefully you never know. Hope its flu and passes. Hope you are OK and healthy soon. Kisses.

11 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

^^ 15-20% of cases require hospitalization. The UK only has 5000 pluss ventilators, the US 170,,000 vents and god knows how many in developing nations .... !!!!! !

Spain has slowly reached the point where people will be left to die as there's not enough material. How European countries still don't follow the lockout and people can still go for a walk baffles me. I'm not including UK or USA because that's another universe altogether. 

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Hopefully you never know. Hope its flu and passes. Hope you are OK and healthy soon. Kisses.

Thanks!!! You both too. Don't leave your houses unless absolutely necessary and tell your parents the same

Just now, karbatal said:

Thanks!!! You both too. Don't leave your houses unless absolutely necessary and tell your parents the same

We only go to the shop. My parents do the same. It is spreading though. They introduced harder measures: shop hours for the people over 60, no walks in the parks, going out only on serious grounds. Hope Jari gets better really soon!!! ❤️

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

What a pity you weren't president of the world to save us all with your clairvoyance

I'm sorry if my post rubbed you the wrong way. Get well soon. You'll pull through.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Thanks babe. We're well, I only fret about my dad, who lives alone. My only personal wish is that he stays healthy. 

I hope all our vulnerable people can get through. 

Wish you and your dad well!!! Hugs