Coronavirus

MadFan

13 hours ago, elijah said:

So Boris finally woke up?

I hope so .

11 hours ago, horn said:

Head to the supermarket and grab whatever you can before the lockdown! :shock: 

1. Pasta / Rice /Grains / Instant noodles ( Ready made pasta sauce - something convenient ) / canned soup / canned products

2. Frozen Food - Frozen Vegs / Meats 

3. Water 

4. Toilet papers/tissues 

5. Shampoo / Soap

6. Dettol

7.Alcohol ( For cleaning )

8. Pet food ( if you have any )

9.Other kind of drinks  Orange juice etc

10. Granola 

11. Hand Sanitiser

12. Medicines ( paracetamol , Throat spray etc )

13. Rubber Gloves ( disposable if can )

14. Milk ( UHT kind that you can keep for a long time ) 

15. Coffee / Tea 

16. Cooking oil

11 hours ago, XXL said:

Heard that too on Victoria Derbyshire this morning

I thought it was a rumour at first but all by British friends have it too .

3 minutes ago, XXL said:

👍

have * heard I should have said .

Also I still can not believe these things are still going on :-

1. People getting on cruise ships .

2. Going to pubs / bars

3. mass religious gatherings

4. Spring Break

5. Japan & International Olympic Committee  thinking they can still host the Summer Olympics .

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) said Wednesday it is "fully committed" to holding the games from July 24 and that measures were being taken to guarantee the "safety and interests of athletes, coaches and support teams." 🤥

24 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Also I still can not believe these things are still going on :-

1. People getting on cruise ships .

2. Going to pubs / bars

3. mass religious gatherings

4. Spring Break

5. Japan & International Olympic Committee  thinking they can still host the Summer Olympics .

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) said Wednesday it is "fully committed" to holding the games from July 24 and that measures were being taken to guarantee the "safety and interests of athletes, coaches and support teams." 🤥

WTF. The Euro was just postponed for a year.

9 minutes ago, elijah said:

WTF. The Euro was just postponed for a year.

I have no idea what they are thinking . Most of the athletes won't be able to prep for the games and who is going to go to Japan and would Japan be comfortable

letting people from other countries in in July ? How are they going to guarantee the health and safety of their own people, let alone the athletes .

9 hours ago, Nonoka said:

@elijah I totally feel you with your posts re/Europe, for me too European unity and the future of EU is something that lies close to my heart, and it's sad to see how many issues we've been tormented with since the past 10 years-ish. The growing populism, the economic crisis (which will most likely flare up again now), the ever-lasting refugee issue, now this thing...and then of course on the outside you have persons like Putin and Trump who eagerly await any sign of instability in Europe so they can weaken and undermine the system.

Having said that, I'm really missing a response to the virus right now on an united European level, with a coherent policy and joint cooperation  - the past weeks have been quite chaotic with every country doing its own thing, like banning the export of masks and medical equipment to other member states. This is not doing the reputation of the EU any favors, especially in Italy...Similar with the sudden border closures of many countries (without notifiying the others), which is causing transport issues and damaging the free flow of goods (for example here the trucks carrying goods between Poland and Germany have been stuck for days because of massive traffic jams)

I understand though this is a first-time situation for Europe, as for most of the world, so it's easier said than done. Hopefully before there's another epidemic on this scale again (which will probably happen some point in the future) we'll have a EU-wide task force who will be able to give a quicker and more united response.

10 hours ago, Nonoka said:

@elijah I totally feel you with your posts re/Europe, for me too European unity and the future of EU is something that lies close to my heart, and it's sad to see how many issues we've been tormented with since the past 10 years-ish. The growing populism, the economic crisis (which will most likely flare up again now), the ever-lasting refugee issue, now this thing...and then of course on the outside you have persons like Putin and Trump who eagerly await any sign of instability in Europe so they can weaken and undermine the system.

Having said that, I'm really missing a response to the virus right now on an united European level, with a coherent policy and joint cooperation  - the past weeks have been quite chaotic with every country doing its own thing, like banning the export of masks and medical equipment to other member states. This is not doing the reputation of the EU any favors, especially in Italy...Similar with the sudden border closures of many countries (without notifiying the others), which is causing transport issues and damaging the free flow of goods (for example here the trucks carrying goods between Poland and Germany have been stuck for days because of massive traffic jams)

I understand though this is a first-time situation for Europe, as for most of the world, so it's easier said than done. Hopefully before there's another epidemic on this scale again (which will probably happen some point in the future) we'll have a EU-wide task force who will be able to give a quicker and more united response.

True. It has been chaotic time and yes the response was weak from both the states and the EU and when they did smth, it was too late. But one has to have in mind that EU has no competence in health matters, its within the competences of the member states. Maybe the states should really grant the EU vast competences for a feature (God forbid) pandemic? Just a thought. Even Italy acted FIRST closing itself for Chinese people but it was not enough and still what is happening is devastating. But you are right: no-one was really prepared on any level. All the European states should have watched the Chinese response closely. But its easy to say now what should have been done, when we know what a storm that is. I think Europe as a whole did not take this as seriously because the last epidemic that started in China, stayed in China. 

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

They're labelling corona deaths by "lung failure". Nothing else.

As of 18th March 2020 Japan had 873 Infected cases with 31 deaths .

Not including those confirmed cases on Diamond Princess Cruise Ship ( That's one messed up mass quarantine if nothing else  ). If those confirmed cases are included it would have out Japan's cases  over 1,500 . Also Japanese people wear masks the minute they have slight cold / flu. We in Thailand got the 'wearing mask when sick ' or ' to protect our heath ' from the Japanese .

I also think Olympics 2020 has a lot to do with the numbers of tests conducted ( to not make the figures very high ) in comparison to South Korea which performed over 248,000 tests .

Japan I read did just over 32,125 tests .

State of Emergency was declared in Hokkaido which was the worst hit prefecture .

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan-testing/japan-testing-for-coronavirus-at-fraction-of-capacity-idUSKBN2150ZR

11 hours ago, XXL said:

My high school classmate currently lives in Japan as a PhD students. She was wondering too about Japan's approach to Covid 19. Life goes on, no aggresive testing unlike South Korea. Yes I believe they are downplaying it due to the upcoming Olympics. I think PM Abe is buying time atm. Also with the Japanese culture, if they have symptoms prob they will keep it to themselves as what she told me. 

On the other side, it could be that they are very anal and disciplined people that eat one of the healthiest food, so the virulence rate is low. Who knows! 

I am appalled at some politicians in Spain behaving as voltures. Yesterday Catalonia's president talked to the BBC to say that Spain is not taking curfew measures and he's begging "to close Catalonia". 

WTF???

We're in curfew since last Saturday, there's no use in closing any region because it's forbidden to travel. Is the BBC journalist stupid enough to put a microphone in that miserable's mouth without even fact checking? Or is that a piece to smear other counties now that Johnson has behaved like the most stupid politician? 

I really hate absurd and egoistic nationalism, but this is simply a vulture lying to profit from this dramatic situation. He's sending letters to media allover Europe. I hope other journalists are more professional. 

16 hours ago, horn said:

Pasta

Canned Food

Salad Dressing

Biscuit

Flour

Madame X VIP tour book

Frozen food

Potato chips

Fixed it.

(Hey, we gotta laugh otherwise...)

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I am appalled at some politicians in Spain behaving as voltures. Yesterday Catalonia's president talked to the BBC to say that Spain is not taking curfew measures and he's begging "to close Catalonia". 

WTF???

We're in curfew since last Saturday, there's no use in closing any region because it's forbidden to travel. Is the BBC journalist stupid enough to put a microphone in that miserable's mouth without even fact checking? Or is that a piece to smear other counties now that Johnson has behaved like the most stupid politician? 

I really hate absurd and egoistic nationalism, but this is simply a vulture lying to profit from this dramatic situation. He's sending letters to media allover Europe. I hope other journalists are more professional. 

I think you need to calm down. 

On 3/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, Narendra Sen said:

So I watched Contagion cause why not :lol:  and I can't say I was blown away/terrified by it like some people have claimed. Maybe the fact that we all are basically in this movie as of right now made me immune to the story? (yes, I chose those words :tongue: ). The film is very accurate and very, VERY similar to what we're going through (the situation is much more grim and tragic in it). It's a well made film, but I expected to be more thrilling, a twist or something. It went by very quickly. I really liked the score though :wow:  

Anybody else gonna watch this while they're at home? :naughty:

Fuck. No.

:lmao:

Marriage equality is responsible for coronavirus according to Christian pastor
He said same-sex marriage and abortion are "abominations" and that America's "reckoning" has come.
By Molly Sprayregen Thursday, March 19, 2020

Perry-Stone.jpg?w=790&h=530&fit=crop&aut

In a Tuesday night prayer meeting, Tennessee Christian conservative pastor Perry Stone blamed the spread of coronavirus on marriage equality, abortion access, and the Democratic Party.

Stone told those in attendance that the pandemic is part of a “reckoning.”

“There’s a reckoning because the courts of the land passed a law to take an infant’s life, that it was okay, and for marriage, that we have known it, to be changed into something we’ve never known,” Stone said.

“Both of their laws – biblically in Leviticus and Deuteronomy – are what God calls an abomination[….] There will be a time when the Lord says, ‘Enough is enough.'”

Stone’s beliefs are outlandish for a number of obvious reasons, but it’s worth noting that same-sex marriage is not even legal in China, Italy, or Iran — the three countries that have been hit hardest by coronavirus.

Stone also said he believed it was no coincidence that some of the areas in the United States hit hardest by the virus are the California districts of Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D) and Rep. Adam Schiff (D), as well as the state of New York, the home state of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D).

He continued, “We know coronavirus will go to West Virginia sooner or later… but isn’t it strange that the state that voted Trump in by 68%, the biggest state that voted in him, has no virus.”

Imitating the nasal voice he thinks his critics sound like, he said, “You say, ‘Preacher, you’re getting way out there, you’re getting weird.'”

“No,” he responded to this imaginary critic. “I’m prophetic and prophetic people are strange.”

Shortly after Stone made this claim, West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R) announced the first confirmed case of coronavirus in West Virginia.  It is generally believed that the only reason it has taken this long for West Virginia to report a case is due to lack of testing.

As of Monday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) told CNN, there had only been 84 tests conducted in the state, and he has asked the Trump administration to increase West Virginia’s access to testing.

“I have over 720,000 elderly,” he said. “I’ve got over 220,000 that are critically ill under 60 years of age.”

“If you put all this together, of the 1,800,000 people [who live in West Virginia], I have over a million that could be absolutely, totally devastated by this virus if it hits.”

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/03/marriage-equality-responsible-coronavirus-according-christian-pastor/

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

WTF???

the ariplanes are still working, and they are spreading the virus.we need a week with everything stopped.everything