Coronavirus

MadFan

19 hours ago, MadFan said:

My best friend is a nurse in Holland, just told me that at his hospital 50 out of the 96 patients in critical care are under 50 years old. But this kind of news isn't broadcasted by our news or governments at all.

It's not only serious for the elderly.

Same situation here in northern Italy

Many new cases among the younger population

It's just starting to come out in the media

14 hours ago, Gaudet said:

If only the whole epidemic had been taken as seriously as it should have been right from the beginning, down the line from Wuhan and the dictatorial China government to the corrupted useless World Health Organisation, from mass media misinformation to certain arrogant right-wing governments, and down to the public opinion

Agree 200% on this

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

WHY nobody talk about the situation in IRAN????

Because Iran is evil like China and Russia. But Saudi Arabia is the Saint (together with precious democratic and totally non racist Israel) all our Western leaders and European aristocracy bow to and worship and make arms and oil deals with. Never mind they all blamed Saudi Arabia and their sponsored terrotists for 9/11

The irony

We’ve only begun to see the economic devastation this will undoubtedly leave behind in its wake. It’s absolutely heartbreaking to drive past once bustling plazas with empty parking lots. Entire downtowns are ghost towns. It’s only been 3 days, but here in Kalamazoo, Michigan, 2 restaurants owners have said they probably won’t end up opening back  up. My job is entirely service based and has come to a screeching halt with no end in sight. thankfully, I will be paid for at least a month, but who knows whats going to happen after that. 

This whole situation is like a horrible hybrid of 9/11 and the financial crisis all rolled into one. 

6 hours ago, PDC717 said:

The WHO is whom everyone chose to ignore . They said it was gong to be awful in January, and even offered the US 100,000 free testing kits. (Which Mango Mussolini turned down.)

Not everyone sorry

Italy took it very seriously. Well before the first cluster erupted 20 miles south of Milan in late February

We blocked all flights coming from China mid January, the only country in Europe to do so early on, and at the same time we sent help to China

And at first it wasn't classified as a pandemic by the WHO. As for corruption charges, in many cases it's proven that yes, the WHO has colluded with Big Pharma. People that served as WHO top officials going to work in Big Pharma companies and Big Pharma CEOs taking on posts within the WHO. Conflict of interests much. There is a lack of total transparency, the same thing happened with the H1N1 Swine Flu back in 2009

2 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

WHY nobody talk about the situation in IRAN????

Because people are dying in our own country? 

Media here reported on Iran past weeks. Nowadays we have enough with our own situation

14 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

We’ve only begun to see the economic devastation this will undoubtedly leave behind in its wake. It’s absolutely heartbreaking to drive past once bustling plazas with empty parking lots. Entire downtowns are ghost towns. It’s only been 3 days, but here in Kalamazoo, Michigan, 2 restaurants owners have said they probably won’t end up opening back  up. My job is entirely service based and has come to a screeching halt with no end in sight. thankfully, I will be paid for at least a month, but who knows whats going to happen after that. 

This whole situation is like a horrible hybrid of 9/11 and the financial crisis all rolled into one. 

Totally

2 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Celebrities first......

.... vile.

This is what I thought when Idris Elbow posted about testing positive. He said "he had no symptoms."   So i was thinking why he got tested and why they would waste a testing kit on him.

STERN WARNING' TO U.S.

yu-pompeo-yang1703.jpg?itok=iQlvsneK&tim

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-china-accuse-each-other-of-coronavirus-fear-mongering

Mr Pompeo himself has sought to link China to the global pandemic, repeatedly referring to Sars-CoV-2 as the "Wuhan virus" despite advice from health professionals that such geographic labels can be stigmatising.

Mr Yang issued a "stern warning to the United States that any scheme to smear China will be doomed to fail," the official Xinhua news agency said in its summary of the call with Pompeo.

The key Chinese foreign policy leader "noted that some US politicians have frequently slandered China and its anti-epidemic efforts and stigmatised the country, which has enraged the Chinese people", Xinhua said.

He urged the US side to immediately correct its wrongful behaviour and stop making groundless accusations against China."

US President Donald Trump, under fire over his handling of the pandemic, and his allies have sought to cast the coronavirus as a disease brought by foreigners.

Republican Senator Tom Cotton, a Trump ally, has spoken of the "Chinese coronavirus" and in a recent statement vowed, "we will hold accountable those who inflicted it on the world"   :manson:

While Covid-19 - the disease caused by the virus - has largely come under control in China, it has killed more than 7,000 people around the world and severely disrupted daily life in Western countries.

The pandemic comes at a time of wide-ranging tensions between the US and China on issues from trade to human rights to Beijing's military buildup.

These giant corporations paying millions to their 'Risk management' teams this whole time...puh-lease.

It just reinforces how little "wealth" is actually real and how much of it is just perceived value. One change in perception and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

4 minutes ago, MadFan said:

These giant corporations paying millions to their 'Risk management' teams this whole time...puh-lease.

It just reinforces how little "wealth" is actually real and how much of it is just perceived value. One change in perception and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

Exactly

The business side of all of this is more important than the actual health, safety and prosperity of the people, it's like with wars and the pathetic pretexts utilized to justify them, same thing with the world of finance, banking, the manipulation of stock markets and the senseless, barbaric privatisation of public assets that only invariably end up making a very small enclave richer while what was once referred to as middle class are becoming modern era slaves

23 hours ago, funkydita said:

Really, stores should have like an hour at the start of each day just for the elderly and disabled.

23 hours ago, Supernatural said:

They are doing this here in the US, at least in my area.... 

They just started doing it at my store today. I don’t come in to do my work till after that hour is over but I heard the elderly and disabled shoppers who came in were grateful for it. 

18 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

They just started doing it at my store today. I don’t come in to do my work till after that hour is over but I heard the elderly and disabled shoppers who came in were grateful for it. 

Started doing this in Australia too.  I have been so shocked and saddened at how people have been stripping the shelves completely bare of everyday items. The panic buying, greed and selfish behaviour from so many has been dreadful to see.  Forget being able to buy toilet paper, tissues, pasta and rice from supermarkets.  Despite the fact that all are produced in Australia and it is simply that people have been buying them in bulk as soon as they hit the shelves.   I am so lucky as I am on holiday at the moment - we have to book way in advance for holidays at emergency services.  I know it will be so busy when I return.  

Hope all our members worldwide at Madonnanation are safe and coping OK 

Can someone explain why so many celebrities are testing positive? Out of 7 billion people in the world how can so many famous people be positive? Is it possible most of us have it already? They do travel a lot so maybe being in different areas and around so many people could have caused it?

9 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

This is what I thought when Idris Elbow posted about testing positive. He said "he had no symptoms."   So i was thinking why he got tested and why they would waste a testing kit on him.

The wealthy take care of their own first! Everyone else pffft! 🤬

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Can someone explain why so many celebrities are testing positive? Out of 7 billion people in the world how can so many famous people be positive? Is it possible most of us have it already? They do travel a lot so maybe being in different areas and around so many people could have caused it?

Yes, many of us maybe had it and infected lots of people. It seems that the real deal was to test all people in contact with positive cases, but most EU countries were testing population at risk while others were roaming around the countries or traveling everywhere. 

Maybe he got tested because he knew he was in contact with someone who had it?  If he didn't get tested, now he'd be walking around infecting many others, so it's not a wasted kit!

These celebrities are always traveling and getting in contact with a ton of people, they are actually bound to be the first to get it.

10 hours ago, XXL said:

STERN WARNING' TO U.S.

yu-pompeo-yang1703.jpg?itok=iQlvsneK&tim

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-china-accuse-each-other-of-coronavirus-fear-mongering

Mr Pompeo himself has sought to link China to the global pandemic, repeatedly referring to Sars-CoV-2 as the "Wuhan virus" despite advice from health professionals that such geographic labels can be stigmatising.

Mr Yang issued a "stern warning to the United States that any scheme to smear China will be doomed to fail," the official Xinhua news agency said in its summary of the call with Pompeo.

The key Chinese foreign policy leader "noted that some US politicians have frequently slandered China and its anti-epidemic efforts and stigmatised the country, which has enraged the Chinese people", Xinhua said.

He urged the US side to immediately correct its wrongful behaviour and stop making groundless accusations against China."

US President Donald Trump, under fire over his handling of the pandemic, and his allies have sought to cast the coronavirus as a disease brought by foreigners.

Republican Senator Tom Cotton, a Trump ally, has spoken of the "Chinese coronavirus" and in a recent statement vowed, "we will hold accountable those who inflicted it on the world"   :manson:

While Covid-19 - the disease caused by the virus - has largely come under control in China, it has killed more than 7,000 people around the world and severely disrupted daily life in Western countries.

The pandemic comes at a time of wide-ranging tensions between the US and China on issues from trade to human rights to Beijing's military buildup.

Well you know they watched China and it's death tolls and did sweet fuck all . They could actually have asked China for help ( now that the situation in China is getting better , Wuhan's lck down is beginning ti ease and confirmed cases are found to be from outside China and not those living in China )  instead of saying this racist garbage .

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Maybe celebrities get way more news coverage than the rest of us? 

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

Well you know they watched China and it's death tolls and did sweet fuck all . They could actually have asked China for help ( now that the situation in China is getting better , Wuhan's lck down is beginning ti ease and confirmed cases are found to be from outside China and not those living in China )  instead of saying this racist garbage.

Exactly what I meant, thank you

There was even an article in the NY Times a few days ago "China bought us time, the West squandered it"

All this ignorant moron has to say is "because it comes from China, it comes from China"  I fucking can't  :lmao:

And the UK and US governments once again distinguished themselves for all the wrong reasons. They squandered it the most, rethoric, ignorant talk and endless backtracking and going round in circles rather than taking the entire thing seriously from the get go